Ordering remotely?

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Hey guys. I'm currently stationed in Germany. I was planning to order a JLU from the on-base dealership over here, but I think I'll do a couple thousand cheaper by using Treadlightly, or working something else out with a dealer back in the states.

Has anybody here ever ordered something remotely? Is it even possible? I won't be back in the states until July of next year, and I can't wait till then to order it. I mean I could, but I want it to be ready to pick up when I get back.

Thanks!
Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Sure you can. Dealers will work with you over the phone/email/mail no problem. You can place a deposit on a custom order with a credit card or can send them a check. You can time your order so that when your JLU arrives at the dealer you'll have just arrived back in the states and can go in to pickup and pay for it.

If your JLU happens to arrive before you get back you can ask them to hold it until you get back and if they're unwilling to do that, you can always arrange to pay for it before you arrive. If paying cash, you can send them payment via wire or certified check. If you're financing, you can handle the application over email and then sign the physical loan docs via physical mail (they send you docs to sign and you send them back). This is exactly how you'd buy a vehicle from an out-of-state dealer without doing it in person BTW. Only difference is you're handling everything from overseas.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
Sure you can. Dealers will work with you over the phone/email/mail no problem. You can place a deposit on a custom order with a credit card or can send them a check. You can time your order so that when your JLU arrives at the dealer you'll have just arrived back in the states and can go in to pickup and pay for it.

If your JLU happens to arrive before you get back you can ask them to hold it until you get back and if they're unwilling to do that, you can always arrange to pay for it before you arrive. If paying cash, you can send them payment via wire or certified check. If you're financing, you can handle the application over email and then sign the physical loan docs via physical mail (they send you docs to sign and you send them back). This is exactly how you'd buy a vehicle from an out-of-state dealer without doing it in person BTW. Only difference is you're handling everything from overseas.

Hope that helps!
Awesome! I appreciate the help! We've never ordered a vehicle before so we have no clue.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
I have ordered a number of motorcycles and cars remotely. It is not a problem for the dealer, in fact, most dealers will have a designated "Internet Sales" guy (or gal). The first time I walked into the dealer I ordered our JLU from was to give him a deposit check since they were local anyway. All of the pre-sales discussion was done through email.

Sponsored

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
I ordered from a dealer in Idaho. Came to a deal, exchanged pics and vids once it arrived, got my pre approval just in case, and they mailed all paperwork that needed signatures after loan amount was finalized. I am shipping the jeep back home cheaper than anyone could make a deal for. Easy peasy.

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
Ordered my Rubicon from Australia 2 months ago (signed up for Treadlightly), picking it up today in Chicago! Will drive down and register in in TX where we will live.
Sponsored