Sponsored

Ordering Questions....

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's; 2020 Triumph Street Triple R
Hello. I recently ordered a 2021 JLU Willy's edition. I received a VON (I assume this mean Vehicle Order Number) from my dealer. My dealer also stated the build order would be "picked up" fairly quickly" and that I would have a VIN soon after so I could track my Jeep's progress. My questions are these:
  1. What is the typical time frame between being assigned a VON and being assigned a VIN?
  2. When the VIN is assigned, does that mean my Jeep's production is about to start or is there typically another delay?
  3. Is there a way to track the progress using the VON or the VIN?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
musicguyusa

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! I really don't know how I missed that thread.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Thank you! I really don't know how I missed that thread.
Also, CONGRATS ON YOUR ORDER! Now sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the emotional ride that is the wait.

Sponsored

OP
OP
musicguyusa

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@mjaga and @WillysGirl, thank you so very much. Is the eight week time frame my dealer stated reasonably accurate or am I going to waiting much longer than that?

I ordered a Mini Cooper about eight years ago and had to wait about 16 weeks for it to arrive. At the time Mini had a system that allowed you to not only see the process as it made its way through the manufacturing facility, but also the journey it took from England to America. You could literally track the boat's progress as it moved across the ocean. I do not know if they still do this or not....but it made the wait just that much more bearable!

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
I just ordered a 2021 Willy‘s JLU yesterday afternoon and got an email this morning with my VIN.

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
@mjaga and @WillysGirl, thank you so very much. Is the eight week time frame my dealer stated reasonably accurate or am I going to waiting much longer than that?

I ordered a Mini Cooper about eight years ago and had to wait about 16 weeks for it to arrive. At the time Mini had a system that allowed you to not only see the process as it made its way through the manufacturing facility, but also the journey it took from England to America. You could literally track the boat's progress as it moved across the ocean. I do not know if they still do this or not....but it made the wait just that much more bearable!
I’m at mid seven weeks and was told I’ll have it before the month is out. The biggest problem right now is the backlog of orders from the shutdown for Covid. They’re trying to catch up. Working 2 10 hour (I think) shifts and looks like they’ll go to 3 8 hour shifts on the next month or so.

It’s all a guessing game. Enjoy the ride! It’s a rough one!!!

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey

I ordered 6/9. Although they only just started building them at the beginning of this month. Mine was built 2 weeks ago and is sitting in storage for an unknown actual reason. Can't get them to give me a non-canned answer.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for calling Mike to check the status of your vehicle. Hold on while I pull up your info. Mike I am pleased to tell you that your vehicle has been built, congratulations on joining the Jeep family. We are happy to tell you that because we feel you will get too excited if we send it right out to you we have chosen to store yours while the impact of almost having your vehicle sinks in. We anticipate you will be ready for it in 2 to 4 weeks. If you have not received it by Thanksgiving please check with your dealer. Goodbye.

Now that's not a canned response.:clap:

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
I just ordered a 2021 Willy‘s JLU yesterday afternoon and got an email this morning with my VIN.
Ordered my rubi Wednesday. Hearing this I hope get mine soon. I've checked for emails from the sales manager atleast 10 times yesterday

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Ordered my rubi Wednesday. Hearing this I hope get mine soon. I've checked for emails from the sales manager atleast 10 times yesterday
There's a decent chance you'll have it before the New Year.

OP
OP
musicguyusa

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And here I am just hoping it will be delivered in time to become my Christmas present.
Sponsored