Sponsored

Noob ordering questions

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on order
Sumitted a new order November 12th and received my VIN on the 16th. I'm tracking my build on multiple sites. Obviously in "D" status.

My question is what is the average build timeline? My dealer told me it's typically 6-8 weeks, but mine would more than likely be 8-12 weeks due to my spec (Due to Manual, LEDs and Steel Bumpers?):

-WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON
-3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS
-6-Speed Manual Transmission
-Billet Silver Metallic
-Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
-Black 3-Piece Hard Top
-Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
-MOPAR All-Weather Floor Mats
-Steel Bumper Group
-Safety Group
-Electronic Infotainment System Group
-LED Lighting Group
-Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
-Cold Weather Group
-Body Color Fender Flares​

I have ordered several other vehicles from different manufactures in the past and I realize there are several factors involved, such as:
-Dealer Allocations
-Dealer Status?
-Possible Batch Builds (some do this, not sure if Jeep does?)
-Supply Of Parts based one's spec
-The orders before me
-Holidays
-Weather
-Delivery Schedules (Truck/Rail)​

Also, with the changeover to 2019 Model Year, does that create a pent demand of builds as they have been excepting 2019 orders for a few weeks/months but just started the 2019 model year production?

I'm located in Oregon and I'm curious what you guys think my ETA would be based on what has happened up to now with JL builds... I realize it's all guess work at this point and I am fine with the wait as this is nothing. My previous vehicle orders have taken several months, one being 14 months (Custom Paint on a limited run).

Needless to say, I'm excited to be back into a Rubicon again!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
don4v4n

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow... no guesses? Found this new video of a factory visit... 24 hours to make one!

Interesting how they can move a build up the line if necessary.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Just as a frame of reference: I ordered 9/13, Dealer said 6-8 weeks. According to the last update I got from them on Friday, it's due at the local drop point 12/7. I ordered a JLU Rubicon, 3.6L v6, Manual trans, LED group, Dual tops, trailer tow, in Punk'n Orange.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I wonder if color has anything to do with it... I ordered well after @RubiSc0tt, but mine's already at the dealer waiting for me. I suspect that, since mine's Mojito and the color is going away, they're pushing them out early...

That said, the biggest thing seems to be dealer allocation and features. 2.0T, power top, manual trans, and to a lesser extent LED Group have all been associated with delays. And the big volume guys tend to have connections to get their vehicles in first. We're seeing dealer allocations mixed in with sold orders already...

OP
OP
don4v4n

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies. The variance in timing is interesting.

IMHO these are the biggest factors:
  • Dealer status which determines allocation (higher volume dealers more than likely get more allocations)
  • Parts Supply (Heard earlier that their was as supply issue with Steel Bumper and LED Packages?)
Originally thought maybe there was a backlog of orders due to the model year changeover... but it sounds like that isn't the case?

My dealer is one of the (if not the) largest in Oregon... but who knows how that relates to other dealers in the nation. So knowing the above it sounds like 2 months is best case scenario and 3 months is worse?

So I'm looking at mid-January to mid-February being my order was accepted November 12th? If I get it earlier... Great!!!
Sponsored