Sponsored

Ordering Soon...Couple Questions...

mac0822

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I'm pretty much ready to order once I figure a few things out. I'm sorry if these are repeats. I searched and didn't find my answers. Any feedback would be appreciated!

1) The Dual Top Group is $2,195, but you can order a hard top for $1,095 and the soft Sunrider top for $595 (total $1,690). So what does the Dual Top Group give you, that ordering those two separately, doesn't? It's $505 cheaper to order separately. Am I missing something?

2) The Mojito is not available in black cloth? I'd prefer to save $1,495 and have cloth, but you can't get cloth with that color? That makes no sense. I'm torn between Mojito and Deep Ocean Blue, so if that's the case - I guess my decision is made. Unless they will offer Mojito in cloth at a later date and maybe I'll wait?

3) Does the steel front bumper in the "Steel Bumper Group" come ready for a winch to be installed?

I have a couple dealers saying they'll sell at invoice, but I'm going to hold out for below invoice. Thanks.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty much ready to order once I figure a few things out. I'm sorry if these are repeats. I searched and didn't find my answers. Any feedback would be appreciated!

1) The Dual Top Group is $2,195, but you can order a hard top for $1,095 and the soft Sunrider top for $595 (total $1,690). So what does the Dual Top Group give you, that ordering those two separately, doesn't? It's $505 cheaper to order separately. Am I missing something?

2) The Mojito is not available in black cloth? I'd prefer to save $1,495 and have cloth, but you can't get cloth with that color? That makes no sense. I'm torn between Mojito and Deep Ocean Blue, so if that's the case - I guess my decision is made. Unless they will offer Mojito in cloth at a later date and maybe I'll wait?

3) Does the steel front bumper in the "Steel Bumper Group" come ready for a winch to be installed?

I have a couple dealers saying they'll sell at invoice, but I'm going to hold out for below invoice. Thanks.
1. I believe the difference is that the premium soft top comes with dual tops. I think the 595 soft top may not be premium. Not sure on that one, though. Will it let you order both separately? It may not allow for it.

2. ?

3. You have to buy a winch kit from Mopar. It is winch kit ready, so not totally winch ready. You should be able to get 1% below invoice, but orders are starting to roll in and I think the discounts are going to get harder to find. That happened with the JK. When I bought mine in September of 07, nobody was discounting at all. In fact, most were getting a couple thousand over sticker. I'm not sure that will happen with the JL, but I'd say if orders get backlogged and dealers find it hard to keep in stock, then you might not even see them willing to sell at invoice.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager

1) The $1,095 you typically see for the hard top is when that is selected to replace the standard soft top (you're essentially getting a credit for the soft top that you are not buying). If you were to buy the hard top all by itself it would most likely be the $2,195 (probably more). So by getting the dual top group you are essentially getting the premium soft top upgrade for free.

You can see here https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_hardtops/hardtops that a genuine Mopar 3 Piece Freedom Top for a JKU is over $2,500

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

1) @jloyva got you there
2) Mojito is only offered with tan interior (for the forseeable future....may change at some point but not right now)
3) Yes Jeep advertises it as winch ready...from the reviews I saw you can bolt your winch right down onto it once you remove the covers....I dont know what the winch kit is people are talking about....unless its just a fairlead for the line or something like that....majority of winches come with all that stuff.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
1) @jloyva got you there
2) Mojito is only offered with tan interior (for the forseeable future....may change at some point but not right now)
3) Yes Jeep advertises it as winch ready...from the reviews I saw you can bolt your winch right down onto it once you remove the covers....I dont know what the winch kit is people are talking about....unless its just a fairlead for the line or something like that....majority of winches come with all that stuff.
Mopar shows a winch kit for the JL. Unless it is somehow for the plastic bumper, which does not appear to have provision for a winch, I think it has to be fore the steel Rubi bumper. The 10A bumper, which is similar, also requires a winch kit, but I'm pretty sure they marketed it as winch ready. I hope I'm wrong, because I don't want to spend more money on something that should be ready right out of the factory.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
. You should be able to get 1% below invoice, but orders are starting to roll in and I think the discounts are going to get harder to find. That happened with the JK. When I bought mine in September of 07, nobody was discounting at all. In fact, most were getting a couple thousand over sticker. I'm not sure that will happen with the JL, but I'd say if orders get backlogged and dealers find it hard to keep in stock, then you might not even see them willing to sell at invoice.
Not sure how accurate this is. You can get 1% below invoice all day long from Tread Lighlty and the dealer doesn’t have a choice if I am not mistaken. It has already been determined the TL discount is good for JL’s so the dealer has to honor that no matter what the demand is and certainly you would be nuts to pay over MSRP. I know the GC I wanted the dealer was trying to play games and I took in my TL discount and fortunately they had to band down off their pedestal. I don’t think they want a letter to Jeep from the customer that they are not honoring the program.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how accurate this is. You can get 1% below invoice all day long from Tread Lighlty and the dealer doesn’t have a choice if I am not mistaken. It has already been determined the TL discount is good for JL’s so the dealer has to honor that no matter what the demand is and certainly you would be nuts to pay over MSRP. I know the GC I wanted the dealer was trying to play games and I took in my TL discount and fortunately they had to band down off their pedestal. I don’t think they want a letter to Jeep from the customer that they are not honoring the program.
You are right, but the only 2 dealers I spoke to were fine with 1% below invoice without the program. For the OP, though, it sounds like Tread Lightly is the way to get that extra 1%.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Untitled.png
Mopar shows a winch kit for the JL. Unless it is somehow for the plastic bumper, which does not appear to have provision for a winch, I think it has to be fore the steel Rubi bumper. The 10A bumper, which is similar, also requires a winch kit, but I'm pretty sure they marketed it as winch ready. I hope I'm wrong, because I don't want to spend more money on something that should be ready right out of the factory.
Guess it isnt "winch ready"...its actually "winch capable".....now if you actually need this kit or not I dont know because as long as there are 4 bolt holes in the bottom of that bumper tray you should be good....but we will find out soon enough I guess.

I have to say though, the MOPAR catalog shows a wich plate and guard kit...comes with a fancy chunky Jeep logo stamped fairlead and the bull bar (winch guard bar) that bolts to the bumper. For $249 that seems steep but I will probably get it anyways.:like:

OP
OP

mac0822

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
1) The $1,095 you typically see for the hard top is when that is selected to replace the standard soft top (you're essentially getting a credit for the soft top that you are not buying). If you were to buy the hard top all by itself it would most likely be the $2,195 (probably more). So by getting the dual top group you are essentially getting the premium soft top upgrade for free.

You can see here https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_hardtops/hardtops that a genuine Mopar 3 Piece Freedom Top for a JKU is over $2,500
Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused. Say I bought the $1,095 hard top when I order. Then bought the soft top separately. It still seems like I'd save $500?

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused. Say I bought the $1,095 hard top when I order. Then bought the soft top separately. It still seems like I'd save $500?
Because the hard top doesnt really cost $1,095 and the premium soft top doesnt really cost $595 (or whatever the price was)

It only costs that when you order the Jeep from the factory....if you order a jeep with a hard top and plan to buy a premium soft top separately after the order you can expect to pay (just a guess here) probably $1200+

Vice versa if you order a premium soft top and plan to purchase a hard top separately you can plan to spend (again a guess here) probably $2200+

When you order form the factory they give you incentives for the packages and negate costs for "saving" them on getting one or the other so to speak.

Sponsored

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
As far as I know isn't Mojito still on late availabilty? Can you still place the order with your dealer or do you have to wait until it becomes available?

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know isn't Mojito still on late availabilty? Can you still place the order with your dealer or do you have to wait until it becomes available?
No idea, I am going by my dealer today and will ask.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Because the hard top doesnt really cost $1,095 and the premium soft top doesnt really cost $595 (or whatever the price was)

It only costs that when you order the Jeep from the factory....if you order a jeep with a hard top and plan to buy a premium soft top separately after the order you can expect to pay (just a guess here) probably $1200+

Vice versa if you order a premium soft top and plan to purchase a hard top separately you can plan to spend (again a guess here) probably $2200+

When you order form the factory they give you incentives for the packages and negate costs for "saving" them on getting one or the other so to speak.
To piggy back on this and hopefully make it more clear.

The $595 is not the cost of the premium soft top, it is the cost to upgrade from the standard soft top to the premium soft top.
The $1,095 is not the cost of the hard top, it is the cost to upgrade from the standard soft top to the hard top.

So let's say the standard soft top is $1,000 (not sure exactly, but probably close). If you upgrade to the hard top it is an additional $1,095. But then you want to buy the premium soft top, this would be $1,595 ($1,000 standard plus $595 upgrade).

So now you've got:
$1,095 hard top upgrade
$1,595 premium soft top
$2,690 total

So the $2,195 dual top group saves around $500.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mac0822

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
To piggy back on this and hopefully make it more clear.

The $595 is not the cost of the premium soft top, it is the cost to upgrade from the standard soft top to the premium soft top.
The $1,095 is not the cost of the hard top, it is the cost to upgrade from the standard soft top to the hard top.

So let's say the standard soft top is $1,000 (not sure exactly, but probably close). If you upgrade to the hard top it is an additional $1,095. But then you want to buy the premium soft top, this would be $1,595 ($1,000 standard plus $595 upgrade).

So now you've got:
$1,095 hard top upgrade
$1,595 premium soft top
$2,690 total

So the $2,195 dual top group saves around $500.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll debate if I should get the hard top and then get an aftermarket soft top at a later date (usually cheaper than $1000) or just buy them both now.

OP
OP

mac0822

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I tried to order a blue one today. Dealer told me I cannot order the blue yet. Just FYI for everyone.
Sponsored