First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
enjoy it when it gets here soon hopefully!
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
CClark, That sounds about right. I was suspecting it was difference in salesman style, but I wish salesmen realized if you build a good and trusting relationship with your customer they are going to come back to you everytime. Based on the experience I've had so far, Craig has a customer for life.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The Destination fee shell game is a DC area marketing trick. They are legally allowed to advertise the price without the destination fee included. They show the MSRP as the suggested retail then apply the discount which looks good until you realize they add the destination fee back in. It does look like you are paying the destination fee twice. Again nothing illegal, dealers in VA and MD both use this misleading tactic to make the deal look better than it is.

Craig at Koons is a no BS guy. He will make sure you are taken care off. The other sales guys there can and will try to make more money on your purchase.
Having bought from koons, I can attest to this. Their online pricing excludes the destination charge and when you get a detailed quote they add it in. The fact it was also included in the top section of this order is probably the mistake. They also have the huge DC ā€œprocessing feeā€. Still can get a great deal there (I did) but have to make sure youā€™re paying attention to and accounting for the fees.

Sowelu

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pics of newly arrived 4xe's from all those who got early orders in!

So, I guess the 20" wheels is just a 4xe Sahara thing, in contrast to how the current Sahara trims are configured. Not sure why they needed to change any of that for the 4xe. Can't wait to be able to build these online.

And, since I am in the NYC - there isn't a decent Jeep dealership in the immediate tri-state area, so I am hoping to order out of state and have it delivered, if possible. I need to look around the forum for dealers who will do this.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I recommend Koons Jeep in Tysons Virginia. Ask for Craig and mention this forum and you will get 5% off invoice. I don't know if they ship, but my bet is they will.

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Anyone know If itā€™s possible to order the sky top on one yet? Havenā€™t seen anyone talk about it or any mention of it

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Ordered my 4xe today. Pretty fully loaded Sahara. Couple of things:

• I did not get the headliner. I already ordered a Hothead headliner, window panel. sound assassin strips and half floor package with 10% discount for $644, not much more then the Mopar would cost and it supposedly looks better and I get more insulation.

Overall I got a pretty fully loaded Sahara 4xe out the door (with destination, registration, 'processing fee' and Virginia sales tax) for $57,092. Then with the $7500 tax credit (the dealer has nothing to do with that) it comes to about $50k (with the 3rd party headliner). I can deal with that.
Ordering the headliners before the Jeep - I like your style, John. Thank you for your business!

-Mark

Isio

First Name
Isio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018, Jeep Wrangler 2017
Anyone know If itā€™s possible to order the sky top on one yet? Havenā€™t seen anyone talk about it or any mention of it
Just ordered ours yesterday with Sky one touch, Advanced Safety, and Cold Weather Package. Itā€™s nice that a lot of the other ā€œupgradesā€ are already standard for 4xE like 8.4ā€ Screen, LED lighting and Premium Audio.

Dealer was very helpful - did everything through email. Final price was ~$3k less than build sheet. Plus the $7,500 Tax credit......

Now the wait begins!

249B6BCA-A9FE-4C91-AA6B-368E63DDDEDA.jpeg

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Just placed mine also but without a deal set yet.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How many miles is the range on all electric again?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
@Sowelu there is a dealership in Goshen that will do 5% under invoice. I have gotten quotes from them but have yet to purchase, so I canā€™t speak to the full experience.

OP
OP

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Ordering the headliners before the Jeep - I like your style, John. Thank you for your business!

-Mark
Well I saw the 10% off holiday coupon. Not sure how long that would go on, but since it saved me like $70, figured no difference if I order now or in 2 months...

Sowelu

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
@Sowelu there is a dealership in Goshen that will do 5% under invoice. I have gotten quotes from them but have yet to purchase, so I canā€™t speak to the full experience.
Thanks for the info. Not too far, about 90min away. Shame there aren't any decent dealers in the area who offer decent deals and who has a good service and maintenance department.
Sponsored