Sponsored

Order sitting at dealership over a week now...

mbwcoast

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-type
This is my first time custom ordering a ride and just curious how normal this is and if I should be calling to escalate with someone at the dealership...

I'm in southern Cali and ordered a 4xe through Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA back in April. Never reached out for status update since I was able to track the process online and after taking a month to ship from factory to dealership, saw that it was finally delivered on 6/29. Waited for the inevitable phone call or email, but didn't hear anything for several days so put in a phone call to the dealership and was told yes its there but they received 200+ vehicles last week and it was taking a while to process. Nonetheless, the guy I spoke with emailed me a couple of pictures along with the instructions on what I needed to email them in terms of copy of insurance, license etc. and to submit for credit approval. I got it all done immediately and emailed back the same day. No reply to email, or phone call for another couple of days so called back and spoke with the same guy. He said he was working on on it and would get back to me in just a bit...2 days later and still no email or call from anyone in financing, shipping etc..

It's been sitting at the dealership for 9 days now, should I be reaching out to someone else at the dealership? I don't want to be unreasonable but from reading countless threads here it doesn't seem like anyone talks about the waiting game once the order actually makes it to the dealership.
Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I would show up in person. May still have to wait but at least they will be forced to speak with you. You are more patient that me, I would have been in the lobby last week.
It looks like he's in SoCal and the Jeep is in Louisiana.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I ordered from the same dealership but never tracked the status so they just called me one day and I have no idea how long it sat beforehand. This is why too much information makes your life worse, not better.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This is my first time custom ordering a ride and just curious how normal this is and if I should be calling to escalate with someone at the dealership...

I'm in southern Cali and ordered a 4xe through Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA back in April. Never reached out for status update since I was able to track the process online and after taking a month to ship from factory to dealership, saw that it was finally delivered on 6/29. Waited for the inevitable phone call or email, but didn't hear anything for several days so put in a phone call to the dealership and was told yes its there but they received 200+ vehicles last week and it was taking a while to process. Nonetheless, the guy I spoke with emailed me a couple of pictures along with the instructions on what I needed to email them in terms of copy of insurance, license etc. and to submit for credit approval. I got it all done immediately and emailed back the same day. No reply to email, or phone call for another couple of days so called back and spoke with the same guy. He said he was working on on it and would get back to me in just a bit...2 days later and still no email or call from anyone in financing, shipping etc..

It's been sitting at the dealership for 9 days now, should I be reaching out to someone else at the dealership? I don't want to be unreasonable but from reading countless threads here it doesn't seem like anyone talks about the waiting game once the order actually makes it to the dealership.
You are extremely patient. The rest of us would have shown up at their door (day 1) without an invite. Go for it.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Counter point - you're fine, they just need some time.

It arrived on 6/29, and it's been 9 days, yes, but 2 of those days were odd - Sunday was Sunday, and Monday was the 4th of July. They were either closed or *extremely* busy. 200+ vehicles is a TON to go through and clean up, "receive", get paperwork together on, etc. They probably have a process, as well, so moving your Jeep up isn't as easy as it sounds.

I would be patient, but present - don't just wait for their call, but also don't hassle them every 20 minutes.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
I would bug them. Keep in mind that the price lock from Jeep is only good for 14 days after delivery.

OP
OP

mbwcoast

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-type
Counter point - you're fine, they just need some time.

It arrived on 6/29, and it's been 9 days, yes, but 2 of those days were odd - Sunday was Sunday, and Monday was the 4th of July. They were either closed or *extremely* busy. 200+ vehicles is a TON to go through and clean up, "receive", get paperwork together on, etc. They probably have a process, as well, so moving your Jeep up isn't as easy as it sounds.

I would be patient, but present - don't just wait for their call, but also don't hassle them every 20 minutes.
Good point, I’m forgetting that the holiday was in the mix as well.

Just getting impatient I guess knowing now another weekend is coming up and I’ve already scheduled an appointment to turn in my current lease next week. I’ve been the one to initiate contact from start to finish with them which doesn’t give me much confidence that it’s actually being worked on if I’m still not hearing anything at all.

Even seeing a ding on my credit would be a nice sign that at least some movement is happening over there lol

OP
OP

mbwcoast

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-type
I would bug them. Keep in mind that the price lock from Jeep is only good for 14 days after delivery.
Say whaaat?? Did not know this. So even though I’ve been asking them to process my order, they could theoretically claim the price lock isn’t valid if it takes more than 14 days to process? Even though they were the ones dragging their feet after it arrived on their lot?

Sponsored

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I'd remind them that this one's sold as opposed to the others that'll be just sitting on thier lot, so could they please expedite it. Oh yeah, there's a post-sale survey to be filled out that they supposedly live-&-die by, right?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

Say "hi" to the Band when you get your Jeep 🤣

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Good point, I’m forgetting that the holiday was in the mix as well.

Just getting impatient I guess knowing now another weekend is coming up and I’ve already scheduled an appointment to turn in my current lease next week. I’ve been the one to initiate contact from start to finish with them which doesn’t give me much confidence that it’s actually being worked on if I’m still not hearing anything at all.

Even seeing a ding on my credit would be a nice sign that at least some movement is happening over there lol
I totally understand, and I think it's 100% appropriate for you to connect with your sales person and let them know that you booked the lease-turn-in appointment based on the fact that your Jeep has arrived, and you'll need to pick it up prior to that. I would also reference the 14-day price-lock that someone else mentioned.

Just do so in a polite "I'm just keeping you informed" manner, not a threatening "GIVE ME MY JEEP OR ELSE" manner. You'll catch more flies with honey and all that.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I'd remind them that this one's sold as opposed to the others that'll be just sitting on thier lot, so could they please expedite it. Oh yeah, there's a post-sale survey to be filled out that they supposedly live-&-die by, right?
Good point... my dealer told me that if they don't get all 10s, Jeep hits them hard... I know he was probably lying to get a better score... but they do take them seriously.
Sponsored