Oracle Reverse Light Condensation

huntb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS, 22 WL 4xe
Hey guys, I noticed that the passenger side Oracle reverse light that I installed last spring is completely full of condensation. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't have the steel bumper, so I didn't have to modify the housing to get it to fit so it is clearly a manufacturing issue.

Oracle told me that they only have a 1 year warranty even though their warranty page specifically states that Oracle reverse light modules have a two year warranty. They now aren't responding to my emails.

Has anyone else had this issue? They told me they would be happy to sell me another set...

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Reverse Light Condensation 1650461808252
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Your best bet is to tag them. Theyā€™re very active on the forums.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Has anyone else had this issue?
Not this specific issue, but an issue with a product that did not work as advertised. After some back and forth and sending the product back for Oracle's inspection, they determined that the product worked normally for them and it was my vehicle that was the issue. They said this despite my vehicle being 100% stock. Also, Oracle claimed that the product I sent back was scratched and therefore they could not issue a full refund. This also was not true as the product was on the vehicle for less than 24 hours, and was packed and sent back in the original box. Oracle claimed that since the original plastic sheets protecting the product was not there when returned (how could they be when the product was previously installed), the product got scratched during shipping back to them. Total nonsense!! They offered a partial return, which I had no choice but to accept as I no longer wanted the product since it did not work.

Oracle's warranty and return policy are complete jokes. They print one thing and say/do something else when you deal with them directly. I will never, ever buy another Oracle product again. Nor will I recommend Oracle to anyone on this forum or elsewhere. Buyer beware!!!

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
This is concerning, I was close to ordering two sets of those reverse lights. : (

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, I noticed that the passenger side Oracle reverse light that I installed last spring is completely full of condensation. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't have the steel bumper, so I didn't have to modify the housing to get it to fit so it is clearly a manufacturing issue.

Oracle told me that they only have a 1 year warranty even though their warranty page specifically states that Oracle reverse light modules have a two year warranty. They now aren't responding to my emails.

Has anyone else had this issue? They told me they would be happy to sell me another set...

Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Reverse Light Condensation 20220420_092923
Hey Ben,

It's definitely 2 years. PM me your order info and who you were speaking to and i'll make sure you get taken care of.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hi Ben, I see JP got here first to help assist you with this. He will take care of this with you asap so you can get back to enjoying your lighting. We apologize for this poor support experience, and I have notified a manager as well so we can ensure the confusion is cleared up on our end so this doesn't happen again.

Please feel free to PM @JP_Oracle or @ORACLElights at any time with further concerns in the future, and we will be happy to help!

-Rachel

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yes, I and many others have the issue of condensation accumulation inside the lens. Oracleā€™s stance has been that this is considered normal, and if the light still functions as intended, roll with it. They will only replace it under warranty if it doesnā€™t work, not for the presence of condensation itself if the light still works. And a warranty replacement requires that the buyer pays for shipping charges of the new replacement light.

OP
OP
huntb

huntb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS, 22 WL 4xe
Hey Ben,

It's definitely 2 years. PM me your order info and who you were speaking to and i'll make sure you get taken care of.
Hey JP, appreciate you getting back so quickly. I just sent you a PM

OP
OP
huntb

huntb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS, 22 WL 4xe
Yes, I and many others have the issue of condensation accumulation inside the lens. Oracleā€™s stance has been that this is considered normal, and if the light still functions as intended, roll with it. They will only replace it under warranty if it doesnā€™t work, not for the presence of condensation itself if the light still works. And a warranty replacement requires that the buyer pays for shipping charges of the new replacement light.
As an electrical engineer, I know it is only a matter of time before these lights completely fail due to condensation. I can only hope I don't have to wait for that to happen before I can get a replacement.

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Well played gentlemen !

OP
OP
huntb

huntb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS, 22 WL 4xe
Wanted to quick follow up on this thread for anyone that was curious. Oracle is sending me a replacement light at no charge and I'm thrilled with that level of customer service. It's unfortunate the light was defective in the first place, but I would definitely buy from them again.

@JP_Oracle thanks again for the help

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
After reading the above, is there a way to protect the backup lights by sealing them with superglue around the metal/lens material seam? I wonder if the seam is getting loose, or if the backside needs to be sealed better with silicone around the wiring connection?

Any ideas anyone? Oracle?

I just had the same thing happen after 1.5 years....same side too--Passenger side backup LED filled with condensation. Oracle sent me a new one to install (love wrenching, but not this...painful install imo) so I'm grateful for that. Would be better if it didn't condensate in the first place though.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
After reading the above, is there a way to protect the backup lights by sealing them with superglue around the metal/lens material seam? I wonder if the seam is getting loose, or if the backside needs to be sealed better with silicone around the wiring connection?

Any ideas anyone? Oracle?

I just had the same thing happen after 1.5 years....same side too--Passenger side backup LED filled with condensation. Oracle sent me a new one to install (love wrenching, but not this...painful install imo) so I'm grateful for that. Would be better if it didn't condensate in the first place though.
As much as I want these lights, this thread has caused me to pause this purchase. Even if Oracle provides a free replacement, I get the sense the level of effort involved to replace it is significant. It is one thing to take the bumper off the install these, but to take it off (again) due to a factory defect just seems like too big a PITA.

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
As much as I want these lights, this thread has caused me to pause this purchase. Even if Oracle provides a free replacement, I get the sense the level of effort involved to replace it is significant. It is one thing to take the bumper off the install these, but to take it off (again) due to a factory defect just seems like too big a PITA.
They are amazingly bright and look great, but def quality control issues here. Not sure if they fixed it yet but the Driverā€™s-Side LED backup light didnā€™t fit easily. Lots of discussion on this forum about that too. Kind of disappointing because they look and perform amazingly. Oracle just needs to fix the condensation, wiring, and fitment of the Driverā€™s Side LED imo.
Sponsored