Sponsored

On-road driving difference between anti-spin differential and none

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
No disrespect meant here. It is light hearted and I'm stuck at work today so trying to have some fun here. It's the internet and hard to tell I know. Sorry if you were bothered as it was a innocent post.
No worries. Good of you to reply. Not overly bothered at all. I actually was thinking after I replied that likely you were just being goofy. But I do realize that when there are as many clearly newbies here ( I mean come on people are asking if there is a noticeable noise difference between rubi and Sahara tires) and given how people react to internet information, like it or not we need to set a good example and sometimes overly assure we don't lead those venturing off-road, or even staying on, to act disrespectful. We need to have each other's backs and be upstanding. Sorry for the looong sentence.
Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
How dare you make an attempt a humor?!?! What if bilash31 had hit his head after clutching his pearls and fainting after reading your completely non offensive post?!?!?!
That's good you got the humor?!?!?!???!?!!?!!??!??!??? Sadly something as innocent as that, reaching across the net, had a potential to cause unnecessary actions?!?!?? And I say sadly towards the potential recipients not towards dealerguy?!?!??

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
That's good you got the humor?!?!?!???!?!!?!!??!??!??? Sadly something as innocent as that, reaching across the net, had a potential to cause unnecessary actions?!?!?? And I say sadly towards the potential recipients not towards dealerguy?!?!??
Still totally confused as to what potential unintended consequences may have been averted by your soap box speech. But more power to you bro. Let's all try to remain 100% respectful, PC, and not funny around here. Merry Christmas.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Still totally confused as to what potential unintended consequences may have been averted by your soap box speech. But more power to you bro. Let's all try to remain 100% respectful, PC, and not funny around here. Merry Christmas.
Ever been off-roading bro? Cracked windshield. Still totally confused of your need to jump in and where there was anything but 100% respect. The not funny quip sure toes that line. Well it's the holiday season ba doop de doo.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Ever been off-roading bro? Cracked windshield. Still totally confused of your need to jump in and where there was anything but 100% respect. The not funny quip sure toes that line. Well it's the holiday season ba doop de doo.
Good point. To all those who read JLWF dealer guys comment and took that as an endorsement to throw up rocks and crack other people's windshields off-road--don't do that.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hmmm. As much as I, and surely others, appreciate your time and energy put towards the forum, I have to speak up on this. I really don't believe this is either representative of what I believe the Jeep/off-road community represents or is being a good steward of off-roading in general. Better to help then educate rather than to go this route. IMO anyway.
tumblr_m0uc9dIWHf1r5jc7ko1_500.jpg

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing, no 4wd system, nothing, makes the difference that good tire tread makes.
Yeah. I saw a new Silverado on the road the other day with Summer tires on. These were closer to slicks than my Corvette tires. This is in Minnesota...in the Winter. Not very bright. Future ditch dweller I’m sure.

docjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Firecracker Red
The anti spin is a great package regardless. When 4 wheeling, or if you are in the snow on the road. Nothing, no 4wd system, nothing, makes the difference that good tire tread makes. I love seeing idiots with their new 4x4 trucks and a TRP on the back just completely F-ed and stuck. Then I go pull them out and laugh as I spit snow and dirt on the windshield as I bound away through the trail.

oh, and take the traction control off.
So a JLU Rubicon in Northeast winter storm highway driving with a careful smart driver? OK?

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
I miss the LSD/Locker combo in my 06 TJ Rubicon. Perfect combo of traction when you need it. The active brake computer controlled simulated LSD crap in most all modern vehicles is complete trash. Especially off road. It forces you to floor the throttle to make the system kick in if a wheel is in the air making the risk of breaking parts much higher. Wish a mechanical LSD + Locker was an option.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Here is a question. If you disable traction control by hitting the dash switch does it also shut off the bld function?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Would love to see tech article from same author on limited spin as I can't decide whether to order or not.
Trac-Lok anti-spin is always active on the rear axle and works independently of Brake Lock Differential (BLD). BLD works with both axles and is active in 4-Hi and 4-Lo. BLD will kick in if the torque bias is higher than Trac-Lok can handle.

I think Trac-Loc is worth the $ especially since you also get the Dana 44 rear axle.

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I wish they offered this option with a locker in the rear instead of the LSD. That way the Sahara and sports could have factory warrantied lockers without having to go all the way to the rubicon if you are not a hardcore off-roader but want to have it just in case. It seems that for most driving the BLD should be just fine especially if you opt for the 4wheel auto in the sahara.
Not sure they will do it for the JL, but several limited editions (Moab, Black Bear, Winter editions, etc) of the JK were available with a selectable rear locker as an option.

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
Not sure they will do it for the JL, but several limited editions (Moab, Black Bear, Winter editions, etc) of the JK were available with a selectable rear locker as an option.
Not just a locker, an LSD with a locker. That's what I want.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
So a JLU Rubicon in Northeast winter storm highway driving with a careful smart driver? OK?
Absolutely fine. Good tires and good driver are the best weapons against finding the ditch or screwing your ride up.
Sponsored