Sponsored

For those that bought the anti spin differential.

Axlenut

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I just drove my rubi 250 miles on ice and snow covered roads across Minnesota during a blizzard warning. Drove great, rode great, good traction with BFG KO2’s. Visibility sucked, windy as hell, but it held the road nice at 50-60 mph
Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I have a mojito sport s with the limited slip and Bridgestone
They are ok of a tire, definitely had better. Get a lot of push steer with them in sugar snow but track not to bad on the hard pack

CAAB1609-155D-42C9-BE88-FB9371C5B2E8.jpeg

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
And how does the anti spin differential perform off road?
Depends on who you ask. You'll get responses from "don't bother with the anti spin and just get a Rubicon" to "what's anti spin?". I guess it depends on what kind of off roading you want to do. I got it more for on road in the winter. A lot of times we have slippery roads but not so bad you need to be in 4wd. This way I can keep motoring though different road conditions without constantly locking and unlocking. It defiantly helps off road too though, it's just always there helping to pull you through without having to think about it.

OP
OP
Strommen95

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Thank you for the responses and pictures everybody. I do have a follow up for you. When the anti spin differential kicks in, what does it feel like? If you’re driving over snow and it kicks in, how does that feel? Is it something like traction control at all?

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Thank you for the responses and pictures everybody. I do have a follow up for you. When the anti spin differential kicks in, what does it feel like? If you’re driving over snow and it kicks in, how does that feel? Is it something like traction control at all?
It’s not like an instantaneous snap it’s locked type of deal, as power is applied the clutch pack will lock up the 2 wheels together. You won’t feel it kick in, just won’t spin as much leaving from a dead stop on a slippery surface

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
You won't feel it kick on at all. The only time in snow that you will likely notice is when you make a tight u turn in 4wd

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
You probably won't notice when it kicks in.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
With LSD vs. open diff, the main thing you notice is LESS drama with the LSD. Brake-based traction control systems like to go crazy cutting power and applying brakes while you are trying to accelerate. With an LSD, it usually just invisibly transfers torque to the wheel with traction without trying to get you killed in the intersection like BLD/etc will (by braking when you are trying to merge).

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I just have to comment on Craigs (stil2low) picture of his jeep with icicles parked on snow, but with the windsheild down and top pulled back! Great setup, but sure looks cold!! Maybe in Ontario thats considered a balmy day, har!

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
I just have to comment on Craigs (stil2low) picture of his jeep with icicles parked on snow, but with the windsheild down and top pulled back! Great setup, but sure looks cold!! Maybe in Ontario thats considered a balmy day, har!
Hahaha it was -40F for about a week and a half and then jumped up to a few degrees below freezing so it felt like summer hahaha
I had to try out the windshield flipped down, always wanted to do it on my JK but was such a pain in the ass to do
Sponsored