Oil changed = damaged fender

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I prefer to think of it as an annual safety inspection sticker requirement. As such, I patronize a few places that will simply sell me what I need to satisfy that requirement. :rock:
Perhaps I shouldn't admit to this, but there was a time...

;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Dealership called today to confirm scheduling of the 392 getting repaired, dropping off tomorrow and dealer has loaner already assigned for me.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Update: Dealership called today to confirm scheduling of the 392 getting repaired, dropping off tomorrow and dealer has loaner already assigned for me.
Just curious, was this Greenway? They screwed up my oil change and from what I been told, never submitted my warranty claim and lied to me. Then got very upset with me when I left a bad, but honest survey.

Glad they are making it right! If it's not Greenway, what dealer? The fact they are working with you to correct this and keep you happy. Says a lot about them in my book.

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, was this Greenway? They screwed up my oil change and from what I been told, never submitted my warranty claim and lied to me. Then got very upset with me when I left a bad, but honest survey.

Glad they are making it right! If it's not Greenway, what dealer? The fact they are working with you to correct this and keep you happy. Says a lot about them in my book.
No it wasn’t greenway it was Orlando Dodge. I’ve been going to them for six years without any issues. Funny story I left a bad an honest review for Posner Park and the service manager called me into his office to talk about it, then wanted me to correct it once the item was fixed. Are you in CFL too?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
No it wasn’t greenway it was Orlando Dodge. I’ve been going to them for six years without any issues. Funny story I left a bad an honest review for Posner Park and the service manager called me into his office to talk about it, then wanted me to correct it once the item was fixed. Are you in CFL too?
Gotta admit: I would not respond well to being called into someone’s office.

I’m glad your fender is getting repaired. That’s certainly the way the world ought to work.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
When off work, I am typically in the Orlando and Panama City areas. My sister bought a "Jeep" (FWD pos Renegade :puke:) from Posner and I tried for my Rubicon, they really attempted to screw me as they did her. Never really thought about going west of I4 (for obvious reasons), but may have to try them for the next service and to reattempt my warranty claim.

I left a bad survey for Greenway and my service advisor immediately sent me texts messages talking down to me. Never could get management to call me back, even after forwarding the texts to them.

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When off work, I am typically in the Orlando and Panama City areas. My sister bought a "Jeep" (FWD pos Renegade :puke:) from Posner and I tried for my Rubicon, they really attempted to screw me as they did her. Never really thought about going west of I4 (for obvious reasons), but may have to try them for the next service and to reattempt my warranty claim.

I left a bad survey for Greenway and my service advisor immediately sent me texts messages talking down to me. Never could get management to call me back, even after forwarding the texts to them.
We went there when i looking at getting a second vehicle no one approached us. So we left and my friend left a bad review. Before the Covid was here with the car market as crazy as it is, I would only buy from Orlando Dodge because they have the best service in sales and service dept in general. However with the 392 they were o my at MSRP and I could leave potential savings on the table like that.

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta admit: I would not respond well to being called into someone’s office.

I’m glad your fender is getting repaired. That’s certainly the way the world ought to work.
Felt like a kid going into the principals office.
The service manager was a cool guy actually. He was going to have a talk with his guys I can only imagine how that went.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Funny story I left a bad an honest review for Posner Park and the service manager called me into his office to talk about it, then wanted me to correct it once the item was fixed.
Probably twice now have I been asked directly to delete reviews where I explained in plain and coherent language why I assigned a neutral or negative rating to a particular vendor.

It's not my habit to leave such reviews. Said differently, I really have to be peeved about an experience before I'll compose an unfavorable review for public consumption. If that's the case, then...

...I truthfully reply that it's my policy to not delete such reviews, insomuch that I can't go back in time and change the level of service that I received, or didn't receive. I'll then offer to edit the review with a favorable postscript, if the issue(s) associated with my original rating are resolved in a satisfactory matter. That passes the ball to the vendor, and forces them to respond.

To date, one vendor stepped up and made things right. They earned my gratitude, as reflected in a follow-up edit to my original rating. The other one dug her heels in, so my original review remains on Google for all and sundry to read. What's neat is that my one-star review has received several upvotes, and has been referenced in at least one review concerning bad service at the same location.

Now, I do have some sympathy for the vendors here. Having read some poorly written reviews elsewhere, it's pretty evident that Yelp, for example, is used as a weapon by stupid people. I can't say I wouldn't then ask for the person's cooperation in reconciling a customer service issue, particularly if -- and there's no other way to say this -- they come across as a complete rube in their online review.

Tangentially, the foregoing occasionally prompts my use of the Ignore feature in different discussion forums, including this site. That's just the way it is.

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I cojld be wrong, but that looks like a footprint. maybe they had trouble getting the cap off the oil filter housing & needed to step up a bit, used your fender rather than a small step ladder. could have used the fender to step on to add the oil, too..though it may sound silly, so does standing on the fender of aq customer's vehicle with no paint protection
Was just going to post the same. Must have been bring your kid to the shop day and have them do oil changes.

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
Hope they make it right!
Sorry to see this thread right after your delivery experience thread.
Things that make you say 'W-T-F?!'

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hope they make it right!
Sorry to see this thread right after your delivery experience thread.
Things that make you say 'W-T-F?!'
Yeah but the dealer is taking responsibility, they did give me a Gladiator though. So I get to try that out.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Yeah but the dealer is taking responsibility, they did give me a Gladiator though. So I get to try that out.
Nice! When my stepfather had his brand new Ram 2500 (as in, it had 500 miles) towed to the dealer. They give him a tiny Kia rental car... At least the Gladiator is comparable to our Wranglers.

JLUMich

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU EcoDiesel
They got me too - not as bad, drove it straight back and asked for the service manager and explained just because I scratch it doesn’t mean you can.

61B76E95-5734-448C-8B63-EB708DCFA781.jpeg

F75ED1C4-002E-435A-9975-4F48DA846FF5.jpeg

A9517197-03FE-4F59-9E1D-C870CE1AE704.jpeg
Sponsored