Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from the local dealer (not Chapman) for its first oil change after the break in period. Just noticed (see photos below) the fender has scuffs scrapes and scratches…how do you damage a fender during an oil change let alone not clean up after yourself. Going to the dealer Monday to get this issue resolved, going to make them replace the fender with how new it is.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oil changed = damaged fender F16818AB-3894-44AB-92AB-2CF8AF9C5A06
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil changed = damaged fender DDBDEACE-6252-4471-8C8F-91040877D9DC
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil changed = damaged fender B96E4BC0-EB1C-432C-B225-658B59D25E61
Jeep Wrangler JL Oil changed = damaged fender 479E0C17-820F-421D-A417-D66A1FA28D3D
Sponsored

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I cojld be wrong, but that looks like a footprint. maybe they had trouble getting the cap off the oil filter housing & needed to step up a bit, used your fender rather than a small step ladder. could have used the fender to step on to add the oil, too..though it may sound silly, so does standing on the fender of aq customer's vehicle with no paint protection

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a 392??
If so, in the latest words of Marvel anti-hero Venom, “F__k Those Guys!!!”
Yeah its my 392. My poor baby already has a scratch not even cause my me. Its one thing if I scratch it, but its another if someone else does it. It does even look like they attempted to put a cover over the fender.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
That really sucks. Myself I tried the dealership for a while with a different truck I had. Got so tired of them Fffing shit up I went back to doing it myself. Never again will I let some kid making minimum wage on a Saturday in a hot open bay change my oil and filter.

Its worth it to me to do it myself and I know it is done right.

Hope it works out and they fix it.

Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Just got back from the local dealer (not Chapman) for its first oil change after the break in period. Just noticed (see photos below) the fender has scuffs scrapes and scratches…how do you damage a fender during an oil change let alone not clean up after yourself. Going to the dealer Monday to get this issue resolved, going to make them replace the fender with how new it is.

Jeep Wrangler JL Oil changed = damaged fender 479E0C17-820F-421D-A417-D66A1FA28D3D
Sorry to hear/see this! No one should go through this kind of stuff! If the dealer can not hire people with common sense, they should not work on peoples Jeeps period!

What they dont get is, to some of us, this type of stuff is personal! We put so much time and effort into our rigs.. Those aren't just commuter cars... Those are built Jeeps etc.. in your case its a top of the line 392 (pretty much a Lamborghini in the Jeep world)

I would make them replace the fender

I wouldn't let it go

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear/see this! No one should go through this kind of stuff! If the dealer can not hire people with common sense, they should not work on peoples Jeeps period!

What they dont get is, to some of us, this type of stuff is personal! We put so much time and effort into our rigs.. Those aren't just commuter cars... Those are built Jeeps etc.. in your case its a top of the line 392 (pretty much a Lamborghini in the Jeep world)

I would make them replace the fender

I wouldn't let it go
Thats what I was thinking, If I scratch it, its on me. I will be requesting a replacement, I dont want to see a sign that it was scratched.

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That really sucks. Myself I tried the dealership for a while with a different truck I had. Got so tired of them Fffing shit up I went back to doing it myself. Never again will I let some kid making minimum wage on a Saturday in a hot open bay change my oil and filter.

Its worth it to me to do it myself and I know it is done right.

Hope it works out and they fix it.
I will update on this post once I know more, This is why not every job needs a minimum wage hike.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Name the dealership. Nobody else needs to take their Jeep to them and receive the same treatment.
Totally unsatisfactory on their part. I’d settle for nothing less than a new fender.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
That's not a small amount of damage, how did you not notice that before you left the dealer lot? They may give you a hard time on this one. Dealer I went to for my second and last free oil change, service writer did a walk around with a clip board to note any prior damage and I did a walk around when I got it back, as well as checked the oil level and oil filter area for spilled oil.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's not a small amount of damage, how did you not notice that before you left the dealer lot? They may give you a hard time on this one. Dealer I went to for my second and last free oil change, service writer did a walk around with a clip board to note any prior damage and I did a walk around when I got it back, as well as checked the oil level and oil filter area for spilled oil.
Ive never had to do a walk around before, in all the times ive gone to this one. I have a good relation with one of the service advisors (he wasnt there today), he does detailing work too with his own detailing company, I was going to have him PPF and ceramic coat the jeep but that will get postponed.

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Name the dealership. Nobody else needs to take their Jeep to them and receive the same treatment.
Totally unsatisfactory on their part. I’d settle for nothing less than a new fender.
CDJR Dealer in Orlando, but this is the first incident in 6 years of going there. I have a relation with the service advisor who at the time today wasnt working today. I usally go to him for detailing to at this detailing company, was going to have to PPF'd and ceramic coated to protect against items like this. Will update once it is resolved, going to keep the jeep in garage until Monday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Ive never had to do a walk around before, in all the times ive gone to this one. I have a good relation with one of the service advisors (he wasnt there today), he does detailing work too with his own detailing company, I was going to have him PPF and ceramic coat the jeep but that will get postponed.
That's on your drivers side of a brand new Jeep.
The fact that you left the lot without seeing that damage is a HUGE mistake on your part.
How did you miss that?

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's on your drivers side of a brand new Jeep.
The fact that you left the lot without seeing that damage is a HUGE mistake on your part.
How did you miss that?
I just walked straight to the jeep and got distracted by the Hemi at start-up. Plus ive never had issues before with this dealership, now I will be on high alert for the next few free oil changes and then ill find a way to do it myself.
Sponsored