Offroading a brand new Rubicon

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
The whole manual vs automatic thing is ridiculous. Drive what you want and what you feel comfortable with. Jeep people argue about the most stupid things just to make themselves feel superior to someone else. I thought getting into the Jeep community would be a refreshing thing where if you drive a Jeep you would be part of a welcoming group. Clearly not the case. Sanctimony is alive and well in the Jeep world.
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Jeep owners are no different than RAM/Corvette/AR-15/POKER players--there's always a few EXTREME'S, but the majority of the jeep owners are friendly/helpful/PROUD JEEP OWNERS--

Enjoy-

W.E.

JIMBO

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Just use it! Had my 2018 Rubi for about 10 days before going off-road. The intention when I bought it was to try trails a couple times as it is my DD. Almost 10 months old now and..... replaced diff covers, added EVO skid plates, metalcloak FAD skid and steering stabilizer relocate (highly recommend as I have 2 friends who broke theirs first trail) and of course, 35's and a 1.5" spacer lift. This wasn't a huge investment, and now I can follow JK's with 4" lifts and 35's. Should get you through level 4 trails no problem, and no worrying.

IMG_7677.jpg

dcam

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Whatever you decide....enjoy your path to finding trails. My first Jeep is my JLUR and I've got a ton of respect for how capable this thing really is. I bought it for some light trails and overlanding, but have been going on the harder trails much more than I ever thought I would. Get a proper lift and some better diff covers. Add some larger tires with beadlocks when you have some more cash and go enjoy the trails. Anything you need to fix on the underbelly can be purchased over time with some upgrades. Hit the trails in your JL.

Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We like to have fun in our Jeeps AND keep them nice. I also prefer rocky/technical trails and exploring much more than mud. Mud gets everywhere and places that your cleaning rag can’t. It degenerates joints and promotes rust. That Jeep will take you anywhere as long as you take care of her. Our motto is “Play hard, clean hard!”
Happy Jeeping!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
We like to have fun in our Jeeps AND keep them nice. I also prefer rocky/technical trails and exploring much more than mud. Mud gets everywhere and places that your cleaning rag can’t. It degenerates joints and promotes rust. That Jeep will take you anywhere as long as you take care of her. Our motto is “Play hard, clean hard!”
Happy Jeeping!
I don’t like mud... it’s course and rough and irritating... and it gets everywhere.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
We off road our new Rubicon. Just pasted the 5000 mile mark on the Sand Dunes last weekend. There is a guy in our Jeep club that came up to the dunes on over the weekend that picked up his Rubicon on Thursday. Buy thursday off road on friday....

It was also Jeep Invasion at Silver Lake Sand Dunes...

We spent four days at the dunes, also ran the off road obstacle course a couple times and did about 40 miles of wooded trails.

CSMYRUBICON

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl 6spd
When i first got my jlur, i babied it. It took 3 weeks, 3 hard weeks b4 took it offroad and gotnit dirty, spent almost 4 hrs at car wash till 2 in the morning afterwards trying to clean it, i figure you only live once, for me most likely this is the only time i will ever probably have a brand new rubicon, i love off roading, i dont have the money t ok do lifts tires or anything else to it i would love to do with it, beleive me i would if i could, but its a jl rubicon, its already made to go wherever you wanna take it, right now im saving for a good winch, because i usually go out by myself, and im gonna do a light bar after that if i can manage one day hopefully i will be able to put some cooper pros on it, but as of right now its a stock 2018 jl rubicon. And its made for off road and enjoyment so if it gets scratched its ok, my other vehicles always got scratched, kf something gets broke, well hopefully insurance, warranty, or if all else fails my winch savings will fix it, but, i know one thing for sure, when i die, its not going with me, an investment if i wanted to buy a vehicle for the investment part, i positive i would not have gotten a rubicon, anyway, alls im sayin here is you got it and you have it now, its definitely capable, take all that money you gonna spend on another jeep and use it on your rubicon or maybe buy some stock, just have some fun and dont worry so much. I hope this might help if not, its ok im having a blast in mine, have fun everyone and god bless

Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely plan on getting on some trails within the first 1,000 miles, picked the jeep up with 6 miles on it. Pretty sure if I don't get the Rubicon on it's natural habitat it turns into a Prius or a pumpkin, not sure which one is worse. hehe

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Over-react much? ;)
Ha ha. Maybe but there is truth in what I said. An example is I’ve seen people say in a local Facebook offroad group that only manuals are real Jeeps. I’ve read it multiple times. They don’t say it jokingly. They are just arrogant jerks.

Beyond that, I feel fairly uncomfortable riding with my group in my JL. I haven’t ridden with them much but I’ve been the only JL. I’ve not be treated badly by any stretch but I do feel out of place.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s where you went wrong. Delete your account, life is very short
Ha, yeah, I get that, but there is actually benefit for ride organization and communication. Beyond that, it’s not too useful. Unfortunately, there isn’t much of a better way to learn about rides, routes, etc., especially when you are new. That is my case, everyone is unique.
Sponsored