OP

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Camel trophy, land rover disco 1 years. Hands down the most ridiculous shit you’ll see. Look it up on youtube. Checkmate noobs.

Watched it tonight..OMG those country teams are maniacs hahaha! But all n all, its all about friendship and comeraderie..

I wish that Camel trophy still goes on until now. I would be willing to join!

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Watched it tonight..OMG those country teams are maniacs hahaha! But all n all, its all about friendship and comeraderie..

I wish that Camel trophy still goes on until now. I would be willing to join!
Behold the glory of 31” tyres.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Red Dawn, the original (1984) with Patrick Swayze not the millennial douche bag version. Its about camping with guns and occasionally shooting a commie in the face. What else do you need in a movie?

And as a pet peev, overlanding is just rebranding car camping so it sounds cool. So lame.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Well, that’s one opinion.
People have been driving to cool places and camping since there were automobiles, and before that I'm sure they did it on horses. It was called car camping. Nothing has changed except the amount of crap people bring and the astronomical entry price. "You will certainly die if you go 'overlanding' without Maxtrax (not the amazon knock-offs...has to be Maxtrax), a flipping scottle and a $1K refrigerator."

It's utterly ridiculous.

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
What I love about Venture4WD is just how calm and rational Chris (the host/content producer) is. There's no, "Yo, yo, yo, what up YouTube?!" He speaks in complete sentences, describing things, sharing his impressions, all with a dry sense of humor and gentle wit. He spends a few nights camping in his Ursa Minor, then drives into the nearest town for pizza or coffee. When his Jeep breaks he fixes it. When he gets where he's going he gets out and hikes to the point of interest. He follows low impact priorities and respects property boundaries.

Even my wife, who is not what you'd call "cut from this cloth," loves his channel.
I couldn't agree more, he is probably the most authentic overlander ou
What I love about Venture4WD is just how calm and rational Chris (the host/content producer) is. There's no, "Yo, yo, yo, what up YouTube?!" He speaks in complete sentences, describing things, sharing his impressions, all with a dry sense of humor and gentle wit. He spends a few nights camping in his Ursa Minor, then drives into the nearest town for pizza or coffee. When his Jeep breaks he fixes it. When he gets where he's going he gets out and hikes to the point of interest. He follows low impact priorities and respects property boundaries.

Even my wife, who is not what you'd call "cut from this cloth," loves his channel.
Agree 100%, he is probably one of the most authentic overlander out there... his style is not probably for everyone.

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
People have been driving to cool places and camping since there were automobiles, and before that I'm sure they did it on horses. It was called car camping. Nothing has changed except the amount of crap people bring and the astronomical entry price. "You will certainly die if you go 'overlanding' without Maxtrax (not the amazon knock-offs...has to be Maxtrax), a flipping scottle and a $1K refrigerator."

It's utterly ridiculous.
Yup, still an opinion.

Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
"Expedition Overland" series... free 3 seasons on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07W3PGRWW/ref=atv_dp_season_select_s1

I kinda got a kick out of the rougher-made first season going to Alaska and back. Some interesting tidbits of experience to pick out of it, especially if someone is first dabbling into backroad / offroad camping... er... "overlanding".
i could only watch one of these last night. ya know how some people you just plain old don't like...

Last edited:

tkmo061

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon
"Expedition Overland" series... free 3 seasons on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07W3PGRWW/ref=atv_dp_season_select_s1

I kinda got a kick out of the rougher-made first season going to Alaska and back. Some interesting tidbits of experience to pick out of it, especially if someone is first dabbling into backroad / offroad camping... er... "overlanding".
Thanks for the recommendation - binge-watched half of the first season (Alaska) last night - Traveling in TACO TuRDs but still cool stuff!

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
This is pretty rad:
Kinda like National Geographic went wheeling, and in mostly stock CJ's at that!

Am i the only one that wants one of those burgers they are grilling on that campfire?
Sponsored

Reactions: TMP