Rustys off roading

wizardfitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
nothing buy bad luck. Ordered a bumper for wife’s jl. Weather was cold so it sat fir about 2 weeks. Went to install and the brackets for the fog lights were wrong. Called him and he kinda new the problem. 2 weeks later correct part arrived. Went to install and couldn’t get the bolts onto bumper. I got 4 of 8.
took to local Jeep shop. Turns out, now I could have this backwards. He sent metric bolts for standard nuts, plus the holes didn’t line up. So he drilled slightly larger holes and corrected the bolt Issue. $95 out of pocket. I called to see if I had any recourse. Was told by woman answering phone to leave him a voicemail. 2 weeks and no return call. I was looking at his skid plate but after this fiasco, Rustys can pound sand.
‘Vent over with.
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Thanks for sharing

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
The wrong hardware or missing hardware is not limited to a single vendor. I have had the same issue with Maximus 3, LRA, and EVO.

Most of these made in America components still require hardware, that may it may not be made in America. Often the use a 3rr party to pre package a hardware kit and they don't inspect.

It's an easy fix for me to go to a hardware store and move on with install. Should I have to? Of course not, but I am not going to lose sleep over it or stop buying quality parts because of some kid in the companies shipping department doesn't care.

Let the company know, and move on is my advice.

OP
OP

wizardfitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
The wrong hardware or missing hardware is not limited to a single vendor. I have had the same issue with Maximus 3, LRA, and EVO.

Most of these made in America components still require hardware, that may it may not be made in America. Often the use a 3rr party to pre package a hardware kit and they don't inspect.

It's an easy fix for me to go to a hardware store and move on with install. Should I have to? Of course not, but I am not going to lose sleep over it or stop buying quality parts because of some kid in the companies shipping department doesn't care.

Let the company know, and move on is my advice.
I am upset with the fact he never called back
Sponsored