Off roading / Overlanding movie

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Anyone know a good movie about off roading or overlanding? Doesnt necessariy have to be a Jeep starring role but that would be awesome if it is..
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Damnation Alley (most of you will have to look that one up :LOL: )

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Does Mad Max qualify as an “overlanding” movie?

Jeep Wrangler JL Off roading / Overlanding movie 1597414163346

Mel Gibson speaks with an Australian accent in it, so that has to count... :LOL:
Your movie Kung Fu needs more training. That pic is from Mad Max Fury Road. The newest and only one that doesn't have Mel Gibson, who actually is Australian. Tom Hardy, from the UK, plays Max in this one. Tom also played the role of Baine in one of the last batman movies.

A bit of movie trivia about Fury Road:
The only actor in it that was also in one of the originals, played the part of Imortan Joe. He also played the role of Toecutter in the original, opposite Mel Gibson.

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Your movie Kung Fu needs more training. That pic is from Mad Max Fury Road. The newest and only one that doesn't have Mel Gibson, who actually is Australian. Tom Hardy, from the UK, plays Max in this one. Tom also played the role of Baine in one of the last batman movies.

A bit of movie trivia about Fury Road:
The only actor in it that was also in one of the originals, played the part of Imortan Joe. He also played the role of Toecutter in the original, opposite Mel Gibson.

Mel Gibson was raised in Australia, but was born in Peekskill, NY. I think we were both born in the same hospital.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
now I wanna buy a drone. I am gonna go broke with this whole jeep/off road camping thing.
Just don't be like my uncle. We were at Clearlake, CA, and right before leaving we were going to fly his new Dji Mini drone for a bit over the lake. Took it out, set it up, and he warned me that if I crash it I buy it (I did crash his other big drone into a tree when I flew it a while back, didn't break but slight crack somewhere, so he wasn't happy about that).

He test flew it for several minutes, I flew it along with his little kid for a bit, then he took over again. He was about to hand it back to us, when he said watch this. He was going to try to fly it in between the legs of one of those fishing ramps/docks over the lake. I said don't do it. His wife said don't do it. His son said don't do it. Guess what? He effing did it. Of course, like the overconfident underskilled drone pilot that he is, he flew underneath the dock, was about to cross under it, a nice breezy gust of wind blew the drone left. The drone hit the pole, did the drone wobbly thing, and took a dive into the murky, algae filled, green colored lake, never to be seen again.

Really, we're jinxed as drone pilots/owners.

Fikestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Several of the Top Gear and Grand Tour season finale episodes have truly epic overland adventures. The Bolivia special is epic. They drive through the jungle of the Amazon rainforest (literally through the jungle with no roads) and over a 17,00 foot volcano to the Pacific ocean

There is also the Grand Tour with the same guys on their Columbia special with the famous bridge scene. This one has a jeep.

They also have the Namibia dune buggies that are pretty cool.

And for southwest adventures, you can also read the book _The Monkey Wrench Gang_.

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
"Expedition Overland" series... free 3 seasons on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07W3PGRWW/ref=atv_dp_season_select_s1

I kinda got a kick out of the rougher-made first season going to Alaska and back. Some interesting tidbits of experience to pick out of it, especially if someone is first dabbling into backroad / offroad camping... er... "overlanding".
Sponsored