Sponsored

Off road plus????

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
But for me I am a more than experienced driver asking what on earth it does.
Its an electric nanny basically for that 20 something old who never drove on sand. In your case, you seem to have many years of driving experience. You then will probably not need it on sand.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
It’s Off Road, but wait, there’s more!
For 2021, all Wrangler models now come equipped with a TrailCam forward-facing off-road camera that utilizes the 8.4-inch touchscreen, which can be accessed through the available Off-road Pages. As standard, the Wrangler Rubicon now includes an Off-Road Plus mode that adjusts the throttle, transmission shift points, and traction control for improved off-road capability.
Trail cam is still an option for the 21s. Not standard.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yeah, it's new on '21s and presumably up. Another new option for '21s is 4WD Auto (in addition to HI & LO) which can be used on dry pavement. It drives in 2WD and automatically engages 4WD if the rear tires slip, which is fantastic for snowy roads.
Pretty sure that's only with the upgraded Select Trac or Rock Trac.......

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
There's actually a reason for it. Off Road + is not ideal for rock crawling, which is very situational where you'd want to pick and choose your drivetrain config. It's mainly for faster off-road travel over loose/sandy terrain. i.e. overlanding.
Baja Button

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Here is an alternate to off road plus: Know how to drive on sand! This mode will do nothing but help enable more clueless drivers. You know the ones who do not air down on beach sand, end up getting stuck or overheat their engine and then complain about how bad a Jeep is.
I recall a video somewhere showing an automatic air-up/air-down system for the Wrangler under development. That would be nice if it didn't cost a fortune.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I recall a video somewhere showing an automatic air-up/air-down system for the Wrangler under development. That would be nice if it didn't cost a fortune.
Now if the off road plus mode had something like you mentioned then I am game for that! Then its worth every penny.

Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There's actually a reason for it. Off Road + is not ideal for rock crawling, which is very situational where you'd want to pick and choose your drivetrain config. It's mainly for faster off-road travel over loose/sandy terrain. i.e. overlanding.
Off road + behaves differently in low range it applies more aggressive BLD. It works pretty good.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not 100% sure, but isn't this only for Auto trans? One of the guys I wheeled with last summer was talking about moving the idle speed up/down using wheel controls while on the trail, and I asked wtf he was talking about and when I told him i have a 6spd he told me it was a feature of the Auto trans. pretty cool, regardless. I saw them using something similar sounding with paddle shifters in the 392 test drive vids on YT
I have it in my 6 speed.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I thought only selec-trac has the 4H Auto?
The marketing names are a bit confusing as Rock-Trac now refers to two completely different transfer cases.

The full-time MP3022 with 4H Auto is called both Selec-Trac (2:72:1) and Rock-Trac (4:1) depending on which low range gear it has

The part-time NV241OR is only called Rock-Trac (4:1)