Off Road+Plus and TrailCam Off-Road Camera

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I just watched the Gladiator intro and the Off Road Plus feature sounds cool. It states that it allows for high speed 4WD driving with the front sway bar connected, front diff open and rear diff locked. Sounds perfect for the beach, dunes or on dirt roads. I suspect Z automotive could help us with this but it'd be nice to retrofit.
Also like the front camera with forward path display on the media screen. That needs to come to Wrangler.
upload_2018-11-28_17-31-22.png

upload_2018-11-28_17-33-32.png
Sponsored

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just watched the Gladiator intro and the Off Road Plus feature sounds cool. It states that it allows for high speed 4WD driving with the front sway bar connected, front diff open and rear diff locked. Sounds perfect for the beach, dunes or on dirt roads. I suspect Z automotive could help us with this but it'd be nice to retrofit.
Also like the front camera with forward path display on the media screen. That needs to come to Wrangler.
Tazer can add both of the selective sway bar/locker and the camera although it requires you placing the camera and running the wires but Tazer enables it.

I'll be curious if we can steal the camera module that comes with the Gladiator and put it in the JL grill. It may not be the best place for it with winch/bumper/bull bar/stinger but could be a nice placement for some.

I would bet that we see both features introduced to the JL in the near-ish future (2020?) to easy not to implement and it lets them add a little something to let marketing highlight.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Any chance we'll see Off-Road Plus and Baja Mode in the JL? Also, does that Gladiator screen look bigger to you than the JL?

Sponsored

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wonder where the put the camera on the Gladiator.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Tazer can add both of the selective sway bar/locker and the camera although it requires you placing the camera and running the wires but Tazer enables it.

I'll be curious if we can steal the camera module that comes with the Gladiator and put it in the JL grill. It may not be the best place for it with winch/bumper/bull bar/stinger but could be a nice placement for some.

I would bet that we see both features introduced to the JL in the near-ish future (2020?) to easy not to implement and it lets them add a little something to let marketing highlight.
It'll be available on the JT and JL mid 2020.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

It will definitely be available for us as well. Just would have to run the wires and install camera like you said. There is already a guy who has at least done the front facing trail cam and it looks great. No guide lines like shown above but still very nice. I may do it.

ActionCamper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Just got my Gladiator and want the camera soon!!!. My dealer didn't have it in the system yet. Does anybody have a source? Once my ActionCamper is installed, the camera will be a great safety and convenience feature.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
It will definitely be available for us as well. Just would have to run the wires and install camera like you said. There is already a guy who has at least done the front facing trail cam and it looks great. No guide lines like shown above but still very nice. I may do it.
The guide lines and hooking it up to the windshield washer juice like on the gladiator is the biggest feature. I'd be happy with just the guides.

Here is the video of it in action I posted in another thread.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The guide lines and hooking it up to the windshield washer juice like on the gladiator is the biggest feature. I'd be happy with just the guides.

Here is the video of it in action I posted in another thread.

I love this setup!

The only issue for me is I have a blackout grille insert.. so I have no honeycomb to clip to..

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not putting a front cam on the Wrangler when they're almost 60k, already have a 2nd video input and 4 year old Explorers that you rent at Hertz has them and those can't even be marketed as "trail cams" to them is one of the things that blows my mind. I'm sure it's some upsell racket that'll sell for $500 on the Rubicon Overland Safari edition.

Anyway, plenty of us have added them to our JLs. I'm using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H852D49/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You need a programmer (tazer, etc and the video cable from Z automotive).

I added mine because, I won't bullshit, I can't tell where the hell my front bumper is it sticks out so far, and the last thing I need is a steel bumper going through my wall.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I think I’d want my trail camera mounted where I could see the undercarriage. I can see in front of the Jeep just fine, but navigating around obstacles that might catch on the diff, etc would be helpful.
Sponsored