willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

The Alpine X409 does not have the same "Off Road Pages" mode that the Uconnect 8.4" has. However, quite a bit of the key functionality is there.

First, there is this Gauges screen. The X409 does hook into the OBDII system. The gauges have a bunch of options for what they can be set to. Here is how mine is set up:
guages.jpg

Now, for the off road mode. You can select Off Road on or off on the main menu. You can get to it from virtually any screen by hitting the Menu button in the bottom center. Here is the navigation screen in on road mode:
nav.jpg

Now, with I will show the screen of the Nav mode with offroad mode enabled. Not the differences in the top right and left corners:
navOffroad.jpg

The pitch and tilt displays are what I wanted out of the off road pages. It is a little different with the Alpine, but I still think this is functional You can move these sections of the display between three different modes. One is the shown mode, the other is left and right side tire pressures. Can't remember the third one.

Alpine does have a site where you can download map updates. None are available for this unit yet.
Sponsored