Sponsored

Off Road Pages Update Status...

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
No offense Lydia, but the last time I talked to JeepCares in pm's, I was talked down to like I was an idiot. I appreciate the offer, but no thanks...
Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Anyone have an issue where ORPs works except for elevation and GPS coordinates?

JasonMSN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Took my JLU in for the TSB to get the radio updated last week and viola - Offroad pages were there! For a week. They magically disappeared - while I was driving. This is complete crap - what kind of SW department is working on this? If this happened for SW I shipped - I'd be fired. And for good reason....

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Honestly has anyone had a UConnect system that has actually been updated and received ORP that have stayed around longer than a week?

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
I reset personal info today and my pages returned. Then I drug the icon into the bar at the bottom so hopefully it'll at least look for the app and load the icon when it starts... we'll see if it stays this time...

Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Same boat. Did you do TSB?
I took it to the dealership and they installed the latest SW directly from Jeep/Uconnect (opened a STAR case).
I also verified my navigation system shows my current GPS location and elevation...so it seems to be a SW issue within ORP that isn't pulling the data...

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Honestly has anyone had a UConnect system that has actually been updated and received ORP that have stayed around longer than a week?
I had the TSB applied 3 weeks ago. I lost them again yesterday. So mine did work for more than a week. It just happened to be the day after my 1 year free connected services trial ended. The off road pages icon was replaced with an "activate connected sercices" icon. I didn't think the ORP was connected to the connected services.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
snipe:
I had the TSB applied 3 weeks ago. I lost them again yesterday. So mine did work for more than a week. It just happened to be the day after my 1 year free connected services trial ended. The off road pages icon was replaced with an "activate connected sercices" icon. I didn't think the ORP was connected to the connected services.
@Greg H

Thanks much for posting this. I've always had a suspicion ORP might be tied in some way, to connected services and would be history if a JL owner did not renew the free subscription. Looks like you confirmed my suspicions.

IF you opt to renew your subscription, could you please, post on the forum what you ended up paying for the renewal. I have heard it is pricey but...

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
snipe:

@Greg H

Thanks much for posting this. I've always had a suspicion ORP might be tied in some way, to connected services and would be history if a JL owner did not renew the free subscription. Looks like you confirmed my suspicions.

IF you opt to renew your subscription, could you please, post on the forum what you ended up paying for the renewal. I have heard it is pricey but...

I recieved an email from them a few weeks ago that said it was $19.95 per month to keep them. The only thing I ever used was the remote start on the app. I don't feel the connected services is worth $19.95 monthly. The ORP shouldn't have anything to do with the connected services since you can't do anything with them online.

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
snipe:

@Greg H

That would be idiotic if the ORP was connected to some UConnect Guardian services or something similar because it is just displaying the readings of internal gauges and GPS data. I'm sure someone with a connected Tazer could get all the same data and display it in an ORP format. That would make Jeep act a little quicker to help alleviate their customers concerns I bet...

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
snipe:

@Greg H

I emailed uConnect customer care and asked if loosing my ORP was related to my 1 year free trial of Guardian services expiring and I recieved this reply this morning.

Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

We are disappointed to learn of your concern with the Off Road Pages regarding your Wrangler Unlimited and I would like to assure you that I will do everything I can to assist you.

I have looked into the Off Road Pages further and have determined you are correct, you do need an active subscription with Sirius Guardian in order to be able to utilize that feature.
If you would like to resubscribe to Sirius Guardian you can do so by calling them at 844-796-4827.

Thank you again for your email Gregory. Have a great day.

Best wishes,
Jocelyn
Jeep Customer Care

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I emailed uConnect customer care and asked if loosing my ORP was related to my 1 year free trial of Guardian services expiring and I recieved this reply this morning.

Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

We are disappointed to learn of your concern with the Off Road Pages regarding your Wrangler Unlimited and I would like to assure you that I will do everything I can to assist you.

I have looked into the Off Road Pages further and have determined you are correct, you do need an active subscription with Sirius Guardian in order to be able to utilize that feature.
If you would like to resubscribe to Sirius Guardian you can do so by calling them at 844-796-4827.
@Greg H

Geeeez, I should come out of retirement and be a professional, soothsayer.... oh my.....

Greg ... Thanks for checking on this.. with Customer Care.

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I left out 17 profane words between BE and Kidding...Just DAMN

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
ORP and Sirius Guardian connected! Confirmed my feelings. Many times, ORP was not immediately available on the menu screen...then a few minutes later it was. Seemed that ORP had to be 'downloaded' or connected to a broadcast to run. What next, a subscription required for the speedometer or odometer?
I hope that Tazer can eventually break into the UConnect system and make ORP a true individual display function.
Sponsored