First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Does anyone know how they pushing out the update to vehicles? I would think it would be available to everyone since it is coming through satellite, so I'm wondering why I have yet to receive mine when others in my area have received it (i.e., doesn't seem to be regional). Anyone have definitive info on that issue?

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad my Jeep hasn't received the update yet.

I'll just wait for the updated update.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
I lost my backup camera guidelines on top of the off-road pages after the new update. What’s going on ...!!!????

Sponsored

SkilledOne4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1966 Ford Mustang GT
I guess I should count myself pretty lucky because I'm not having any issues with the update so far. My JL was built in the April timeframe and delivered in early May and I received the Off Road Pages update on Monday of this week. All of the pages and items work well but I did notice the fact that it takes a couple minutes for the icons to be available as other forum members have pointed out. Occasionally, the Off Road Pages take over a minute to load once you open them up but it hasn't really bothered me. Other times, it opens in under a few seconds.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I guess I should count myself pretty lucky because I'm not having any issues with the update so far. My JL was built in the April timeframe and delivered in early May and I received the Off Road Pages update on Monday of this week. All of the pages and items work well but I did notice the fact that it takes a couple minutes for the icons to be available as other forum members have pointed out. Occasionally, the Off Road Pages take over a minute to load once you open them up but it hasn't really bothered me. Other times, it opens in under a few seconds.
@SkilledOne4

I received the OTA update a couple of weeks ago and am experiencing things exactly as you are.

Luco

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 GMC 2500 HD, 2010 Seneca Motorhome on Chevrolet C5500
I got my off road pages about two weeks ago. They are still there. I looked at them this morning.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Has anyone who lost the offroad pages for real (not slow to load) had them come back? Is there a newer version than 0608 version? You get the version holding defrost button and the left 2 temperature arrows.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares
Thank you for your concern. The next day my audio came back. SO all is well at this point.

That's the only "glitch" I've experienced, even though that day I had turned off and on my car a few times while i was running errrands and it never came back. But the next day it did, so we're good!

ORP still running without any issues, the lines on my backup camera are perfectly fine (and always have been).

Let's hope things stay smooth!

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Has anyone who lost the offroad pages for real (not slow to load) had them come back? Is there a newer version than 0608 version? You get the version holding defrost button and the left 2 temperature arrows.
Maybe.. sort of.
I had OR pages the day I got the update. The next day I had the icon but got this error message..
20180916_173633.jpg

About a week off so later, the message no longer comes up and OR pages work fine. Who knows what's really going on.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Maybe.. sort of.
I had OR pages the day I got the update. The next day I had the icon but got this error message..
20180916_173633.jpg

About a week off so later, the message no longer comes up and OR pages work fine. Who knows what's really going on.

Oddly enough mine came back on my way to work today!

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Oddly enough mine came back on my way to work today!
My theory on what's going on is based upon some information that a few people have posted here and also informa that I have gotten directly from Jeep or Sirius XM or Guardian. basically the off-road pages is an app on your system that needs connectivity to the Mothership to work. So every time you boot up your system it sends out a signal and and he's either accepted or rejected just like any subscription-based software. I would guess that jeep is having a hard time confirming people subscriptions when your system is being booted up. As they work on and fix these issues, (on their side) they start to work again.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
My theory on what's going on is based upon some information that a few people have posted here and also informa that I have gotten directly from Jeep or Sirius XM or Guardian. basically the off-road pages is an app on your system that needs connectivity to the Mothership to work. So every time you boot up your system it sends out a signal and and he's either accepted or rejected just like any subscription-based software. I would guess that jeep is having a hard time confirming people subscriptions when your system is being booted up. As they work on and fix these issues, (on their side) they start to work again.
Totally agree with you on your take in this. The funny / not so funny part of this is the irony of Off Road Pages not being accessible to those of us who live “Off Road”. Go figure that Jeep would design a Jeep Wrangler feature that doesn’t work on the back roads of good ole Rural USA where satellite reception is totally sketch .

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Totally agree with you on your take in this. The funny / not so funny part of this is the irony of Off Road Pages not being accessible to those of us who live “Off Road”. Go figure that Jeep would design a Jeep Wrangler feature that doesn’t work on the back roads of good ole Rural USA where satellite reception is totally sketch .
Yeah, I'm not really sure of why they would do it that way. I mean, it reads sensors that are physically located on the Jeep and other than coordinate data, I can't think of a reason it needs to be "connected" at all.
Sponsored