Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Information Tech
So if you happen to go mudding, and you think you can just have the all weather mats drain plug in to the stock drain plug, and then have the mats plug plugged... think again. I hit some big holes and wish I had the drain plugs just in the drain holes and the mats on top of that, having the mat between the floor plan and drain plug failed and I took in mud.
Jeep Wrangler JL OEM All Weather drain plug failure 1470BBB5-3B9C-4472-B79B-04CCF8373B95

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM All Weather drain plug failure B352B8D7-1198-4080-88D3-034588F357CE
Sponsored

OP
OP
Destron

Destron

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Information Tech

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I wasn't comfortable with the design myself. I carefully used a razor knife to trim off the bottom socket so it was flush with the mat. Then I purchased 2 more drain plugs for the mats, which I put in from the top and they perfectly hide the hole. I just left the factory plugs in place for water protection. 2 more plugs would save you money vs buying new mats.

OP
OP
Destron

Destron

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Information Tech
I wasn't comfortable with the design myself. I carefully used a razor knife to trim off the bottom socket so it was flush with the mat. Then I purchased 2 more drain plugs for the mats, which I put in from the top and they perfectly hide the hole. I just left the factory plugs in place for water protection. 2 more plugs would save you money vs buying new mats.
Not a bad idea!

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I was thinking of sealing the plugs to the sheet metal floor pan with something semi-permanent but possible to remove if needed. Next came the thought of plugging the rubber mat itself so I’d need to order an extra set. Mine originally came with just the mat itself plugged. I looked underneath the plug and noticed the “funnel” for getting the water from the floorboards out didn’t even reach far enough down to clear the floorpan. It would definitely let water in like that.
Sponsored