Sponsored

All-weather mats question

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Thanks. I was clicking the wrong (wrangler) drop down instead of the unlimited part.

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Weathertech seriously needs an option to remove their logo. I can't stomach that thing anymore. It made the interior of my BMW look like I had been buying Autozone dollar bin parts.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I can tolerate it more than the huge red Jeep logos on the mopar ones. SMH

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I can tolerate it more than the stupid red Jeep logos. Only goes good with a red jeep. What about the other colors?
Yeah I wasn't super happy about that but I did just order the Mopar mats, but my big rag on the Weathertech is the phone number and the gloss of it. The Jeep logos matte. I don't want some companies phone number advertising to my passengers like a billboard. It just looks tacky.

You can easily pull off those logos and put custom ones in. The Tacoma TRD guys have been doing that for awhlie. Quadratech has their own logo as well https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_zoomed/public/product_images/Quadratec-Weathertech-DigitalFit-Front-and Rear-Floor-Liners-14-18-JK-14054.2001-logo.jpg

I just really dislike the big bubble plasticy applique look of it. I think some black/white matte Jeep lettering would be alright.

I hate to say it but I was really unimpressed with the lasercut Weathertechs I got in my 2013 Ford Escape and 2009 Bmw Z4. I was a genius and bought both sets at the same time to save on shipping and didn't really like either. If I hadn't gone Mopar I probably would've gone Husky this time. I just don't get the hype at all with WTs. I've got really hard water here, so maybe that was my problem, but anytime I had to pull them out to wash them I never had a "just hose down" experience. I always wound up having to scrub the hell out of them because dirt would somehow get pretty heavily ingrained into them. And this was normal daily driving stuff, not working on a construction site or anything.

edit: Well nevermind, Husky has a more obnoxious logo.. Why are floormat designers stuck in the 90s? Guessing they still wear POLO shirts with huge lettering.

Sponsored

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Husky is only showing the weatherbeater and not there x-act contour floor mats. I really like there x-act contour mats.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
4 door/ Weather beater.....I get into some bad stuff come hunting season and need that extra layer of protection. Snow, rain, mud....Wow I can't wait...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You can actually buy the plugs on line and insert them into the floor mats. If you do that, you need not worry about the mats leaking through. Thanks for these pix! I am inclined to get the OEM mats now that I know you dont have to plug them in.
Someone else on the forum had a simple solution. They sliced of the nipple from the Mopar floor mat, kept the carpet in tack and kept the plug in the floor mat. Voila, nice flat mat.
I love the look of the Jeep ones but those weather tech ones have much better coverage.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
The mats that came with mine from factory do not have the red JEEP lettering. Wonder if you can get them without for those who don’t like it?
47D6C682-AED7-4116-BE6B-A00DE49727B1.jpeg

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I can tolerate it more than the huge red Jeep logos on the mopar ones
To each their own.... I specifically ordered the Mopar aftermarket since I wanted the red logo. If ordered with the build, the logo is black.
Sponsored