Sponsored

Observations regarding the brakes

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I have a 2020 JLUR with about 700 miles on it. It feels like it shutters yo a stop at times. I’m not sure if it’s a brake issue or if the rear end is hopping slightly due to being lighter than the front. Is this normal? What say you?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have a 2020 JLUR with about 700 miles on it. It feels like it shutters yo a stop at times. I’m not sure if it’s a brake issue or if the rear end is hopping slightly due to being lighter than the front. Is this normal? What say you?
Stopping how hard, on what kind of surface, from what speed? Doesn’t sound normal for typical driving.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Stopping how hard, on what kind of surface, from what speed? Doesn’t sound normal for typical driving.
Stopping at a “medium rate” I guess. Not fast. It happens on flat surfaces. I’m wondering if the spare tire should be tightened. Maybe that’s got a slight bounce to it.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
On my Rubi at least, I feel the brakes are actually pretty good. There is a lot of pedal travel and the initial bite isn't amazing. However, their total capacity seems pretty high and they're easy to modulate. I'd rather have a longer brake throw and better control than brakes with a strong initial bite that fade quick or have a low threshold.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
On my Rubi at least, I feel the brakes are actually pretty good. There is a lot of pedal travel and the initial bite isn't amazing. However, their total capacity seems pretty high and they're easy to modulate. I'd rather have a longer brake throw and better control than brakes with a strong initial bite that fade quick or have a low threshold.
I agree. Do you have any shutter/bounce/vibration that seems to come from the rear at times while braking?
Sponsored