🤣🤣
Lol anything to try and make a sale

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
He's not wrong, but not because pads are worn, but because Jeep brakes suck (but that is a different conversation) :CWL:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put new power stop pads on and saved the old ones.
I did too...for about 500 miles and then installed Teraflex. Zero comparison between the stopping power of Teraflex and the OEM or PowerStop, but my JLUR is heavy and needed better brakes.

I could push right through the OEM and the Powerstops no matter how hard I stood on the pedal.

Sponsored

MountainRigged

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 23' JLUR 3.0L EcoDiesel
I did too...for about 500 miles and then installed Teraflex. Zero comparison between the stopping power of Teraflex and the OEM or PowerStop, but my JLUR is heavy and needed better brakes.

I could push right through the OEM and the Powerstops no matter how hard I stood on the pedal.
How much did they cost all in all

OP
OP

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl

Mines fine for everyday driving(wife’s Jeep). I flushed the fluid as well.

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
I had 2 JKUR's that both had about 90K on them, and a JLUR that had 80K and I never had to replace brake pads or rotors. I always thought that the brakes were one of the best things on my Wranglers. Are crappy brakes really a concern?

Sponsored

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide

So does no pad help the OEM calipers? It just never feels like enough bite to me. Supposed to be the HD brakes too lol.

OP
OP

Fitzz47

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara jl
I just went with the Powerstop pads. Oem
Rotors. And flushed the brake fluid. Set the pads with some hard stops,and it seems a little better than stock.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So does no pad help the OEM calipers? It just never feels like enough bite to me. Supposed to be the HD brakes too lol.
There is no pad that is going to significantly improve the braking power of the OEM brakes nor will rotors--I changed my OEM to PowerStop rotors and Z36 brake pads and there was minimal IF ANY improvement. It was a complete waste of money for the PowerStops--BUT I have a set of rotors and pads with less than 1K miles that I can sell to anyone who wants them!

Look at the difference between the Powerstop rotors with OEM calipers:

Jeep Wrangler JL Brakes 20230414_094252 (1)

Versus the Teraflex:

Jeep Wrangler JL Brakes 20230414_101331 (1)

Here are some data points and these are the largest brakes I can install with my current wheels (17") and here are the differences:

Front:

OEM Rotors = 12.9" versus Teraflex 14" or 17% more total braking surface
OEM Piston = 4 x 2" versus Teraflex 8 x 2" or 100% more total piston surface

Rear:

OEM Rotors = 13.4" versus Teraflex 14" or 8.8% more total braking surface
OEM Piston = 2 x 1.88" versus Teraflex 8 x 2" or 325.5% more total piston surface

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had 2 JKUR's that both had about 90K on them, and a JLUR that had 80K and I never had to replace brake pads or rotors. I always thought that the brakes were one of the best things on my Wranglers. Are crappy brakes really a concern?
Yes--case in point, you cannot lock the wheels on a stock Rubicon with 33" tires much less with 37's. I can lock my 37's with the Teraflex.

If you drive like a Granny and no one ever pulls out in front of you, then the OEM brakes may be fine. I can easily assure you that NO OEM brake system stops like the Teraflex ones do period.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just went with the Powerstop pads. Oem
Rotors. And flushed the brake fluid. Set the pads with some hard stops,and it seems a little better than stock.
It will for a short while and you will back where you started. The issue is the lack of clamping power with the OEM calipers.
Sponsored