Not using ESS feature anymore... Here's why

DaveMNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Sahara
You bypassed a safety feature because something bothered you that was working by design.
Or you can just let it happen and choose to be ok with it.
I am thinking the same thing.....
What safety feature?? Turning off vehicle at a stop is a safety feature?? I don't think so!
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Ooh, posting something relevant now. Safety feature. What would that be?
Not allowing the remote start to fire off the engine while you or somebody else is working on it.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Well my 2019 JL must be smarter than the '18, I disconnected the sensor on the battery and it did nothing. It seem like it didn't bother anything and the ESS still worked.
So I disconnect the hood switch and YES!! it worked! No more start stop at traffic lights....love it! I can now drive in peace, how the JL should run. Thanks for the info! Another happy JL owner!
You were driving in peace before. The problem was 100% psychological.

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Maybe in your mind it was......
At least we agree the problem is in your mind.

What does your Jeep not do when the engine shuts off a stoplight that you want it to do? Do you just want it to run just for the sake of making noise?

DaveMNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Sahara
At least we agree the problem is in your mind.

What does your Jeep not do when the engine shuts off a stoplight that you want it to do? Do you just want it to run just for the sake of making noise?

You sound like you should be driving a Prius instead of a jeep...

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
You sound like you should be driving a Prius instead of a jeep...
I don’t sound like at all, but it does sound like you essentially just need the engine running for reassurance.

Sponsored

Keeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Granite

Keeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Granite
Prius = 1995 concept, so your post is funny, but not really a Boomerpost. Built by Boomers and Gen X, Millennials weren't driving a Prius when they came out and the Prius comments have been around since before the Prius even hit the roads in the U.S.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
The pressure goes up to make sure when you do floor it from the stop light, oil is at the top of the engine. ESS has been around for about 10+ years. Every manufacture has it on at least one vehicle. It’s a cheap way, that’s not harmful to the engine, to help the city fuel economy. You can thank the EPA for all this. Anyway, the starter and other wear items have been upgraded for the extra wear. I’ve never seen a vehicle in our service department that had an issue, because of that system. I do see them cause people don’t check oil and wait for oil life monitor to tell them to change oil. Damn oil pan looks like it has 300,000 miles of sludge in it. Always a post or a customer doesn’t believe in it. If you truly understand it, it’s a really good system. If you’ll notice on your Jeeps, you can come to a complete stop and not activate the system. You have to put quite a bit of brake pressure to get it to activate. I come to a stop all the time and the system does shit off. Then I push the brake pedal a little further down, and the engine shuts off.
Sponsored