First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I’m sorry to hear this. We all have demons to fight......I wish you good health.
Better than being stupid, I reckon.
At least It’s not 24/7, like stupid. Mighty embarrassing sometimes though.like now. Thanks for your kindness.
Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
If they ever go with IFS, it’ll be the same type of thread. People will reminisce over the solid axle, and others will be thrilled that the solid axle is gone. Its days are numbered for sure. IFS would eliminate 75% of the complaints heard on this forum. It’d launch sales even further.

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sorry to hear this. We all have demons to fight......I wish you good health.
I fully support @brazos! A few “Chardonnay’s” (Big Daddy movie reference) and get on here for inspiration, then any Jeep part website I can get my hands on. Three to five days later I have a surprise on my door step, and a weekend project!

Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Didn’t @UKCATS come on this thread in support of OP ?
And now that she’s getting hammered he’s nowhere to be found. Deleted his posts.
Huh. I guess we all know who we can count on in a pinch.
He has had more Jeeps than all of us combined. He has a Recon JKU and a JLR now. He was a stick man but got an automatic this time. That may be what he is talking about. I had a JK and hated it. Still drive my 22 year old 4cyl on 37’s. Still fun to drive even though it is slow!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Nostalgia? My 1944 MB is nostalgic! Bone stock running gear, including hand crank starting. Headlights rotate as trouble lights; front blackout lights (converted internally as flashers); fording lever to loosen fan belt...nostalgia!

But It does have a cage and oversize tires...that little flathead 4 can climb!

Prior jeep was totally built V8 transplant CJ-5...different kind of nostalgia...but, yup, new jl on order!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Speaking of nostalgia...

Anyone remember running these?

154_0606_07_z+tires_and_wheels_old_school+armstrong_tru_trac.jpg
How 'bout the Armstrong Norseman...that was a great all-rounder; aggressive tread but good flotation!

Of course, my favorite was the Gates XT Commando, a slipped plane very open tread design that was a great tire...ran a set of those in 10-15 size on a V8 transplant built CJ-5 back in the day.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If you’d like an old beat up pickup truck there are thousands of junk yards with such a vehicle.

Or, alternatively, you can trade yours back in for one of the ‘real’ jeeps you mention and get the hell outta here.

I’m sure someone will enjoy the JL more than you evidentially.

Shew fly..

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I'm nostalgic for my old YJ too. My plan is to eventually buy a YJ and build it for off-road and keep driving a current jeep daily. I just have to wait until I get my kids through college to do it.

A base 2-door Sport with LSD has a pretty classic feel. If you have anything other than that then I don't think it is a fair comparison.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I look at an XJ and a current model Cherokee and I'm grateful the JL is only as modern and comfortable as it is.

With any other car company the current Wrangler would look like a Renegade, still 4x4 and small, but all curvy and practical and based on the same platform as a Fiat 500.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Wrangler is still a huge compromise in terms of ride and comfort compared to crossover SUV's or even pickups. And it is interesting that all the nostalgia led OP to buying three four door models. I have nothing against unlimiteds, but if you are talking old school and nostalgia, something does not add up. OP obviously traded old school for practicality of a four door, but better engine is what spoiled it all?
One person's "old school" is another's "new wave".