Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I just get compliments on how it looks. Everyone is driving Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Tesla, etc... where I live. Cars are just cars, it is kinda nice. some people have old beaters but you know the price of their house already lol, you know they drive beaters by choice. Nice neighborhood nobody cares much how much money you make, way it should be.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Itā€™s even more funny when the neighbors see how young you are with nice toys and automatically think you have tons of debt. I get judged all the time. But thatā€™s because they donā€™t know my credit score or income or how good I am at saving. A wise man told me wealth isnā€™t defined by a dollar amount but how long you cAn survive without an income. Aka: how big is your savings.. idk I guess this is why I answer those questions without hesitation. Although I would never ask. Because I used to work for Jeep so I already know roundabout šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Itā€™s one habit I canā€™t stand from us Quebecers: we always want to know Ā« what that person paid for it Ā», no matter what product we are talking about.

The thing is: generally, a Quebecer will want to know it just to shit talk in your back to strangers, saying Ā« youā€™re making too much money Ā» or stuff like that.

My wife made the horrible mistake of telling the neighbors whatā€™s my job. Since then, every discussion I have with neighbors ends up being about money...

Ā« Oh!, with your salary, I guess you can have that Ā». As if I was dancing in a dumpster of money every night before I go to sleep.

I just end up saying Ā« thatā€™s what happens when you go to school and work your ass off... Ā»

I love Quebec and its folks. But that jealousy about money is a strong minus...
Thatā€™s so interesting. I feel like here in the OC everyone wants to look like that have money whether they do or donā€™t.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I have one of those neighbors. I just started answering "$35,000" every time. How much was your wife's new car? $35,000. How much is your new Jeep? $35,000. How much do you make? $35,000. How much was your house? $35,000. I've done it so many times to him, another neighbor started doing the same thing. Everything in our neighborhood is $35,000.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
One of my neighbors constantly brags about how he gets great deals on stuff....cars, restaurant meals, shrubs for the yard. When I purchase or do something that he sees as expensive heā€™ll make a comment that it must be ā€œnice to be richā€. I shut him done by saying ā€œweā€™re loaded and we donā€™t worry about moneyā€. He still brags about his good deals but he never comments on my spending....

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
because that was posted as an example of something that was supposed to be attractive.
i don't think that she looks healthy, or attractive.

we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Why THAT response? Some girls just look like that. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø As long as sheā€™s healthy, thatā€™s what matters.

JLURfab

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
While washing my week old JL for the first time my neighbor next door came over to take a look.
But he caught me off guard by asking what I paid...Its not like asking my wife's bra size but I don't think I would ask....and especially since he's not in the market.

Ideas?
My first born and a pint of blood

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L

DeBo3359

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon 2009 H-3hummer
When people ask me what I paid for my JL, I normally tell them ā€œmore than my first houseā€

Haberrj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Some people don't think twice about asking that type of question, people are definitely wired differently.
Just make up a crazy answer to mess with them
I tell them does it really matter if you want it you buy it. Same as when some guy asks how is it on gas I answer I put it to F and drive it to E and back to F gas mileage never entered into it. You should see some of the looks I received it hilarious.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I tell them does it really matter if you want it you buy it. Same as when some guy asks how it it on gas I answer I put it to F and drive it to E and back to F gas mileage never entered into it. You should see some of the looks I received it hilarious.
Fuel mileage questions are hilarious, our jlu on 37's is our most fuel efficient vehicle at 16-17 mpg. My truck gets about 14 and the 1 ton work van gets 12. Buying fuel is just part of the hobby.
Sponsored