Sponsored

Nosey neighbor..

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Holy crap op said he was not offended a dozen times.

My neighbor asked me the same thing about my Jeep. I said they range between 35-60k depending on what you get,(before 392). He said, what did YOU pay? I said between 35-60k...lol. I really didnt care that much but my neighbor is a bit of a moron so I was fucking with him.

I would personally not ask about price unless it was a good friend though. I just think it's bad manners but that's me.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
A girl at the McD's drive thru the other day told me a 2 door jeep is her dream car (ugh, I didn't correct her) and asked how much I had paid. I get why some people take it as rude, but I wasn't offended by her. I told her for 2 doors they'll ask as low as $28 but can get quite a bit higher. Told her with the bronco coming soon I think the Jeep prices will start coming down. I viewed it as a way of giving her some information that can hopefully keep her dream alive, but no reason for me to tell her exactly how much I paid.

Honestly, if her and I were closer to the same age group I would have offered to let her drive it. I know that can sound creepy but truly... I have your dream vehicle? Fuck! Drive it! If I can make someone's day with something as silly as a lap around the block I'd gladly do it. But I totally fear the optics of an old man going for a drive with a random 20-something.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
wrong; it's not about "thick". my preference runs to trim and fit, and i don't like my women (or myself) flapping all over the place.

it's about quality over quantity, but that's a personal preference, and it's OK with me if you don't agree. there's plenty of (no pun intended) thick women out there for you.

Spoken like a man who likes his women with the bodies of prepubecent boys. Some just can't handle a thick girl, it's OK.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
A girl at the McD's drive thru the other day told me a 2 door jeep is her dream car (ugh, I didn't correct her) and asked how much I had paid. I get why some people take it as rude, but I wasn't offended by her. I told her for 2 doors they'll ask as low as $28 but can get quite a bit higher. Told her with the bronco coming soon I think the Jeep prices will start coming down. I viewed it as a way of giving her some information that can hopefully keep her dream alive, but no reason for me to tell her exactly how much I paid.

Honestly, if her and I were closer to the same age group I would have offered to let her drive it. I know that can sound creepy but truly... I have your dream vehicle? Fuck! Drive it! If I can make someone's day with something as silly as a lap around the block I'd gladly do it. But I totally fear the optics of an old man going for a drive with a random 20-something.
Something tells me the drive around the block doesn't get offered If that was a pimply 20 something guy.....😎🔄

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Beemer, Bimmer,... whatever. ;)

i've owned both BMW motorcycles and BMW convertibles; it doesn't matter. they're both silly, and i never used the expression (no matter how you spell it).
I agree. The same with individuals calling a Porsche, a Porsch. It’s a mans name for heavens sake. Dr Ferdinand Porsche. Some people just don’t give credit to the individuals for their contributions. 😎

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Something tells me the drive around the block doesn't get offered If that was a pimply 20 something guy.....😎🔄
You're right, 20-something guy wouldn't get the offer either, for the same reason. The optics of a 20-something going for a drive with a random old dude looks really bad/creepy just as you took it (thanks for proving my point). If this was a hellcat challenger ok yeah I'm not letting randoms drive it, the risk is too high. But a Wrangler on surface streets? Assuming they don't have malicious intent it's unlikely that they'll do anything to damage it. So yeah, I'd be fine with letting anyone who drive my Jeep around the block if it will put a smile on their face. I don't care who they are.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Tell me how you feel about Willys
I've seen posters all over these message boards, and have heard many salesman on dealership lots, correct people to say "Willies." But those of a certain age, or with an interest in American history, know that John North Willys pronounced it "Willis." Just sayin'.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
You're right, 20-something guy wouldn't get the offer either, for the same reason. The optics of a 20-something going for a drive with a random old dude looks really bad/creepy just as you took it (thanks for proving my point). If this was a hellcat challenger ok yeah I'm not letting randoms drive it, the risk is too high. But a Wrangler on surface streets? Assuming they don't have malicious intent it's unlikely that they'll do anything to damage it. So yeah, I'd be fine with letting anyone who drive my Jeep around the block if it will put a smile on their face. I don't care who they are.
I've let random strangers, friends, and even children of friends drive our jeep on trails and at off road parks. The more people who find a passion for wheeling, getting off the beaten path, experiencing nature, etc while being taught the right way to wheel, safely, pack it in, pack it out, stay on the trails, clean up garbage even if it isn't yours, the better. If it puts a smile on their face and they even consider making an effort towards keeping our trails open, clean, and accessible it is well worth the risk of them scraping a skid plate or getting stuck.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I've seen posters all over these message boards, and have heard many salesman on dealership lots, correct people to say "Willies." But those of a certain age, or with an interest in American history, know that John North Willys pronounced it "Willis." Just sayin'.
Even in the early film adds, willys-overland used both almost interchangeably. In one add they refer to the company as Willis-overland and the vehicle as a willies. Getting offended or feeling the need to correct people when the company itself used both pronunciations is much like making a big deal if someone asks what your Jeep costs, I don't do either.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Even in the early film adds, willys-overland used both almost interchangeably. In one add they refer to the company as Willis-overland and the vehicle as a willies. Getting offended or feeling the need to correct people when the company itself used both pronunciations is much like making a big deal if someone asks what your Jeep costs, I don't do either.
I'm offended because you used "adds" rather than "ads".

Am I doing 2021 right?