First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
A Jeep is a tool. Some people have dedicated considerable time and effort to honing their Jeeps to be very good at its intended purpose, whatever you decide that is. This goes with any tool that can be modded, e.g. computers. They tend to act with disdain to anyone that chooses another purpose. That being said, I really don't see that too much on here. Most people don't seem to care what anyone else does.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

That being said, I really don't see that too much on here. Most people don't seem to care what anyone else does.
I see the same thing, especially compared to Reddit and/or the handful of local Jeep club groups I'm in on Facebook. It's nice to have a respite. :)

Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
I will take mine off road so I know how to use it as intended and can do so. But that’s it. Once or twice a year. The rest of the time, to the grocery store and office.

No lift but winch and a Rubicon. More than I need? Yes. What I want. Also yes.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
OP: Are we to read the thread title as asking why Wrangler owners who don't take their vehicles off-road are on the receiving end of insults?

As we're not accountable to others for the choices we make in that matter, it's not worth worrying about.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
OP: Are we to read the thread title as asking why Wrangler owners who don't take their vehicles off-road are on the receiving end of insults?

As we're not accountable to others for the choices we make in that matter, it's not worth worrying about.
Yeah thats all good... but if you insult my jeep, then i feel insulted.
But im technically an offroader.. cuz i offroad over medians all the time soooooo...

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a sign of the world we live in, on both sides.

One the one hand, we live in a time when projecting an “adventurous” image online seems important to many, even if they never leave city limits.

On the other, the Internet is filled with “opinions.” Posting whatever comes to mind is free and usually has few immediate consequences.

Jeepers seem to have more opinions than most...

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
There was some dude on this board a couple of years ago. All he could do, seemingly, is talk about other people’s “street” mods (i.e. lowering their Jeeps, big sound systems, etc) and use big fancy words to describe how these mods were “ridiculous” and “shouldn’t be”….. blah, blah, blah….. as I recall, a number of folks asked him to post images of his jeep…… and he never did…..

other people take time out of their otherwisebusy days to take a picture of somebody’s jeep in a parking lot so that they can post the picture here and criticize the mods. Really? Isn’t life just too short for that crap? Why does it even matter?

whatever. We all have Jeeps and, as far as I’m concerned we can do what we want with them. Your jeep, your way. Matters not to me.

I have a family member who put and “Italian flag” grille on his jeep. He loves it….. and that’s all that matters.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
But im technically an offroader.. cuz i offroad over medians all the time soooooo...
Fair point, re: feeling justifiably insulted over an unnecessary slight.

Some years ago, during the daily commute, I rode over a median on my street motorcycle in order to avoid an intersection that was dangerously clogged.

And of course I clocked an LEO in my rearview just as I crossed over to the other lane. Either he took no interest in my maneuver, or there was too much traffic between him and the motorcyclist who was surely on the throttle already. Ahem. ;)

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Some people have the need to belittle others to make themselves feel better. I say ignore them and do what makes you happy. Its funny we all say 90 something percent of jeep owners dont do serious off-roading. That means a lot of us on here are serious mall crawlers!

When called a mall crawler just own it! There is 0 shame in it. Some want to explore the trails eventually. Some have no desire. Some have the capability just incase, some just want to get ducks ,wave at strangers and be apart of a community. Whatever your reason for having a Jeep, if you enjoy it dont let anyone take that fun away from you.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Medians are hard. Did you work up to them with parking space curbs? That’s how I started my offroad journey.
Sponsored