Sponsored

No more XR package?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I think the 392 gets all that stuff. Willys definitely doesnt. That was a hell of a deal for a Jeep, the willys XT. I kinda regret not trading my Jeep for one. Wouldve gotten the willys XT and thrown front and rear lockers at it.
The Willys XR absolutely gets the upgraded axlesX rear brakes, knuckles, etc. But, as you note, it doesn’t get lockers because those are part of the Rubicon trim, and not the XR package. Willys XR is a helluva value.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The Willys XR absolutely gets the upgraded axlesX rear brakes, knuckles, etc. But, as you note, it doesn’t get lockers because those are part of the Rubicon trim, and not the XR package. Willys XR is a helluva value.
I meant the avg willys doesnt.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I think the 392 gets all that stuff. Willys definitely doesnt. That was a hell of a deal for a Jeep, the willys XT. I kinda regret not trading my Jeep for one. Wouldve gotten the willys XT and thrown front and rear lockers at it.
I'm still undecided if I want to throw Lockers at my Willys XR or not. I mean I definitely want to. I was quoted $3k for front and rear. I'm just worried about the warranty. I know they say you only have to worry about that exact area if something goes wrong but I don't know if I trust Stellantis enough that if something went wrong somewhere else in my drive train they wouldn't try blame it on my aftermarket Lockers. Not sure.

wmwfour

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just ordered a new 23 JLUR XR with no problem. Got a VON instantly. Dealer said 8-12 weeks which is exactly what my 2022 was. I love my 2022 but I love purple even more! The wait begins all over again!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I'm still undecided if I want to throw Lockers at my Willys XR or not. I mean I definitely want to. I was quoted $3k for front and rear. I'm just worried about the warranty. I know they say you only have to worry about that exact area if something goes wrong but I don't know if I trust Stellantis enough that if something went wrong somewhere else in my drive train they wouldn't try blame it on my aftermarket Lockers. Not sure.
You don't have to mess with lockers unless you actually need them. For the kind of off-roading you've been talking about your limited slip rear and BLD should be more than enough. It'll void your axle/differentials warranty. Nothing else.

3k is a decent quote nowadays though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GowGow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR/2023 JLURXR
I just ordered a new 23 JLUR XR with no problem. Got a VON instantly. Dealer said 8-12 weeks which is exactly what my 2022 was. I love my 2022 but I love purple even more! The wait begins all over again!
Oh snap you got your VON on the spot?

wmwfour

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Oh snap you got your VON on the spot?
Yes, I bought my 2022 from the same dealer, we spec'd it while I was picking up the 2022 for some work I had done to it. Took about 30 seconds to order it. VON was instant. Just gonna trade the 2022 for the 2023 when it comes in.

kdiff

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Rubicon, 4Runner
Who’s the dealer?

Sponsored

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Curious as to what makes the 392 and XR rear axles heavier duty than the M220 rear axle in my JL Willys?
The only difference I'm aware of is overall width...