Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
My brother got his Braptor yesterday. Thought I had heard they’ve stopped taking orders as well. Coincidence?

55C1396F-7CE7-4164-A933-D7154ED71A17.jpeg
The allocations for the vast majority of the first year's production of the Bronco Raptor were basically raffled off to those that had a reservation for a Bronco, especially First Editions, that didn't get built. Often referred to in that community as a holding a "golden ticket". I'm sure some dealerships managed to finagle a few but the opportunities to order a Braptor as an off the street customer were virtually nil for the '23 model year.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I got pricing Wednesday, signed initial paperwork Wednesday night (with the exception of some credit thing Thursday morning), put a deposit down Thursday. Just found out today my order wouldn’t go through last week because XR is no longer available. Super bummed.

I know for a lot of folks the XR package seems like a waste, but it was a perfect entry into what I wanted to start with.
it is fine. just order a Rubi with the 4.88 gears and get a better lift kit for the 35s. Pick 35s of choice and sell your rubi takeoffs brand new for $1200.

kdiff

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Rubicon, 4Runner
it is fine. just order a Rubi with the 4.88 gears and get a better lift kit for the 35s. Pick 35s of choice and sell your rubi takeoffs brand new for $1200.
You can order a 392 with 4.88 gears?! Please advise on how. I only see two gear choices, 3.73 and 4.56, and the latter requires the XR package.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You can order a 392 with 4.88 gears?! Please advise on how. I only see two gear choices, 3.73 and 4.56, and the latter requires the XR package.
That sucks then. But 4.56s should be alright. The XR lift is pretty meh anyway. I dont think the XR package is that worth it on a 392. Get a better lift kit that comes with control arms, track bar, better shocks.

2020JLURUBICON

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Rubicon
Ordered my 392XR Sept. 1 and got my VIN on Sept. 8. Now I am wondering if it will ever go to D1...

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Ordered my 392XR Sept. 1 and got my VIN on Sept. 8. Now I am wondering if it will ever go to D1...
It "only" took me four and a half months to move to D1. The wait begins.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I am curious if there will be any announcements tomorrow about a 20th anniversary Rubicon and if that will impact XR orders going forward...

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
This happens often due to shortages. Usually the package pops back up eventually. I don't see ot going away completely with the new competition from Ford.
This 👆🏼
No way is Jeep going to stop offering a package that was specifically designed to compete with what Ford is trying to deliver.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
This 👆🏼
No way is Jeep going to stop offering a package that was specifically designed to compete with what Ford is trying to deliver.
But Ford isnt delivering. And the Bronco turned out to be a bit of a fart and didnt live up to its marketing. So perhaps Jeep doesnt feel the need to continue with the XR package.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
But Ford isnt delivering. And the Bronco turned out to be a bit of a fart and didnt live up to its marketing. So perhaps Jeep doesnt feel the need to continue with the XR package.
Sales data showing that? I haven't seen any numbers so curious -- I assume sales would have dropped given the challenges Ford has had with it.

Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I'm talking to a dealer right now and, as far as the 3.6 and 2.0 engines go, the XR is available. Got my out the door quote and I'll be ordering within the next couple days :rock:

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I did say “trying” lol

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales data showing that? I haven't seen any numbers so curious -- I assume sales would have dropped given the challenges Ford has had with it.
No clue. I am purely speculating. But I dont see many on the street and theyve been plagued with so many early issues.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
No clue. I am purely speculating. But I dont see many on the street and theyve been plagued with so many early issues.
There's been a ton lately in my area -- starting seeing more about a month 1/2 ago. But yeah, I know they have had a lot of problems. I can't say I'm surprised.
Sponsored