Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the Jeep JL interior vs the Bronco's even in base form Jeep looks alot better than the Bronco.
Sponsored

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
For Next Gen or next model year:

Optional Paddle Shifters instead of the old dated stick on the floor, when both hands are needed on the wheel.
Optional Performance Exhaust, switchable for quiet or a bit louder for fun.
Available skid plate to protect the oil pan.
Ventilated front seats option.
LED lights standard front and rear.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Most of you worry about what gizmo will be added to the next gen, when I really worry that the next gen will be battery only. The tree huggers of the world are going to make sure we have 6 figure golf carts.
I totally agree. There is a huge EV revolution under way…Jeep will need to adapt, especially if dems stay in power. Based on how much power is needed for off-roading based on what we’re seeing with the 4xe, I don’t know how an all electric Jeep can be very feasible for extended off-roading…

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I totally agree. There is a huge EV revolution under way…Jeep will need to adapt, especially if dems stay in power. Based on how much power is needed for off-roading based on what we’re seeing with the 4xe, I don’t know how an all electric Jeep can be very feasible for extended off-roading…
Will require major improvements in solar tech.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

With this current administrations war on fossil fuels, I expect $6+ gas sooner than later...I am sure the game plan is to accelerate the EV race through their 'WOFF' along with ever increasing tax credits, grants, various government subsidies and 'kickbacks' to the EV industry.

However, with the grace of God and common sense voting, these morons can be neutered come midterms...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6 Auto
sometime around 2027-29 depending on sales as my predecessors wrote

Refering to the last paragraph of my post, I don't see myself being in the market of a next generation JM Wrangler. I like things simple and reliable, mechanic, not electronic, for traveling internationally and the JL is already VERY much borderline on that regard. I just don't see how the next generation is going to stop that trend.

That being said:

1. Hope they put the friggin' inside mirror back up to the top of the windshield. I'm 6'3" and it feels like the thing is sitting in the middle of the windshield. The vision out of the JK felt much more open.

2. Since we already got halos in the headlights, why not decently light up the seven slots in-between as well? Could look dope. Don't see how the JL could be improved on the outside otherwise. Loved the JKU, the JLU(R) however came full circle for me design wise.

3. A one-piece hardtop (or any top) option that doesn't leak.

4. Seriously rethink the USB outlet and Cig-plug number and locations that are just not practical in the JL. I routed a complete Cigplug /USB bank from the ACC cable-tree into the glovebox...

5. Please god make them put the dang rollbar back outside and into the rear edges of the top as far as safely possible. The current JL setup is an overlanders nightmare, even worse than in the JK, further reducing cabinet-/drawer-space that already came at a premium in any Wrangler.

6. Thx for the 4 optional accessory-switches. I guess I speak for most of us when I say: Can we have 6-8 of them please?

7. The folding front seats of the 2 door in the 4 door for added living space when camping for us Ursa Minor snobs.

8. Option the same factory rims in both 17x7.5" and 8.5 widths. I just haven't found any street legal aftermarket ones for 35's that I like anywhere near as much as the stock ones. They just belong on there for me.

9. A tailgate setup strong enough to hold 35's, a trail trashbag an 2 sets of traction boards from the factory would be VERY gucci.

10. Refering to 9: It was nice to get a backup camera (especially with the completely useless zoom mirror on the driver side), it would however make more sense for me it were located up on the 3rd breaklight or ANYWHERE but in the middle of the tire...

11. Speaking of Mirrors: go bronco-style and mount them on the body, not the removable doors :facepalm:

Other than that: I really fear the JL will be the last generation of the Wrangler with a good old naturally aspirated V6/V8 without E-Torque and other beancounter BS that no Jeeper ever wanted or needed to go wheeling/overlanding to begin with.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
sometime around 2027-29 depending on sales as my predecessors wrote

Refering to the last paragraph of my post, I don't see myself being in the market of a next generation JM Wrangler. I like things simple and reliable, mechanic, not electronic, for traveling internationally and the JL is already VERY much borderline on that regard. I just don't see how the next generation is going to stop that trend.

That being said:

1. Hope they put the friggin' inside mirror back up to the top of the windshield. I'm 6'3" and it feels like the thing is sitting in the middle of the windshield. The vision out of the JK felt much more open.

2. Since we already got halos in the headlights, why not decently light up the seven slots in-between as well? Could look dope. Don't see how the JL could be improved on the outside otherwise. Loved the JKU, the JLU(R) however came full circle for me design wise.

3. A one-piece hardtop (or any top) option that doesn't leak.

4. Seriously rethink the USB outlet and Cig-plug number and locations that are just not practical in the JL. I routed a complete Cigplug /USB bank from the ACC cable-tree into the glovebox...

5. Please god make them put the dang rollbar back outside and into the rear edges of the top as far as safely possible. The current JL setup is an overlanders nightmare, even worse than in the JK, further reducing cabinet-/drawer-space that already came at a premium in any Wrangler.

6. Thx for the 4 optional accessory-switches. I guess I speak for most of us when I say: Can we have 6-8 of them please?

7. The folding front seats of the 2 door in the 4 door for added living space when camping for us Ursa Minor snobs.

8. Option the same factory rims in both 17x7.5" and 8.5 widths. I just haven't found any street legal aftermarket ones for 35's that I like anywhere near as much as the stock ones. They just belong on there for me.

9. A tailgate setup strong enough to hold 35's, a trail trashbag an 2 sets of traction boards from the factory would be VERY gucci.

10. Refering to 9: It was nice to get a backup camera (especially with the completely useless zoom mirror on the driver side), it would however make more sense for me it were located up on the 3rd breaklight or ANYWHERE but in the middle of the tire...

11. Speaking of Mirrors: go bronco-style and mount them on the body, not the removable doors :facepalm:

Other than that: I really fear the JL will be the last generation of the Wrangler with a good old naturally aspirated V6/V8 without E-Torque and other beancounter BS that no Jeeper ever wanted or needed to go wheeling/overlanding to begin with.
Mostly agree except for the grill lights, but how about gearing options. No choice, got 373’s when I wanted 4.10’s . Some people who do a lot of hwy driving might want higher gearing.

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
I test drove a Bronco a couple weeks back. My opinion... yes, it will impact Wrangler sales when they get past their launch snafus and start getting inventory on lots (18 months?). Consider that most Wrangler sales are suburbanites who rarely go off-road but love taking the roof and doors off. The Bronco does that plus drives more comfortably and has most of the electronic features found in most modern vehicles. Oh, and it does perform well off-road (watch the comparison videos on YouTube). It's a viable competitor to the Wrangler and Jeep will need to up its game.

Is this why the 2022 model is taking so long to come out? Are they trying to throw in some extra goodies? Probably not, car design and changes take years, not months. But who knows...

I just want the 2022 colors to be announced. :)

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Stop worrying about a warranty. It's a pretty simple answer.
How is that simpler than getting what I want from the factory.

Ford does not seem to have any issues offering F150 Raptors (and soon Broncos) with 37 inch tires and high end shocks, after making 35s ubiquitous.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Based on how much power is needed for off-roading based on what we’re seeing with the 4xe, I don’t know how an all electric Jeep can be very feasible for extended off-roading…
Actually a Wrangler EV with 4 independent electric motors would be the ultimate off-road Wrangler.

Forget about all the complications of transfer cases and lockers - true independent corner traction, with the ability to make super tight turns with no bind. Also it would be quiet - the JL fan on the trails is frankly an embarrassment. Reliability should be much improved as well as electric motors have been bullet proof since the late 1800s.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The consensus that is shaping up in the industry is that on-road vehicles, both mainstream and high-performance, are prime candidates for going full electric. They have the greatest chance of success maximizing the efficiencies afforded by the electric motor.

When it comes to off-roading and towing, though, it looks like hybrids are going to be the way to go for the foreseeable future.

Toyota just unveiled all-new 2022 Tundra: there is no V8 any more; the optional engine is a 3.5 V6 hybrid cranking out a whopping 437 HP and 583 lbs of torque. Peak torque will be available at 2,000 RPMs. MPG numbers are still to come, but the expectation is that they will be class-leading.

Goes to show that electrification can be a good thing when used judiciously.

Kimdracula

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Not much to redesign. Little tid bits here and there. As far as the Bronco is concerned, man, that is one ugly looking vehicle. Ford totally dropped the ball on the look of that thing. A stock Wrangler is pleasing to the eye, Bronco, not so much

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The mid refresh is probably gonna have a bunch of useless internal upgrades that a lot of people like/want. I don't think Jeep will be doing much. An improved range 4xe is probably for the next gen wrangler. All rubicons will come with 35 tires from factory for the next gen wrangler.

Maybe we will see an optional rear locker for the Willys. idk. I don't think Bronco is that big of a deal honestly, and it seems the Bronco is not going to succeed as intended unfortunately. Jeep is fine.

I am too focused on my wrangler now to be thinking about a new vehicle. I need a front locker, a transmission/engine skid plate. maxxtracs, the next tires. Way too much stuff in my head right now. The Jeep is only 2 years old, it has at least another 4~7 years before I sell it.
Sponsored