Next-Gen Wrangler

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I'm gonna get chastised for the following JEEP blasphemy, but here it goes...

I'm on my second Wrangler, and love them. But honestly its the ability to traverse 2ft of snow if need be and also the ability to go topless/doorless in summer also that I love the most. Of course the look and heritage is super important as well, as is the fact I can still get a stick, never owned an automatic. So what if Jeep kept all those attributes, kept the solid axles in the sport and Rubicon, but kinda spun the Sahara onto a full independent suspension for those of us that love everything the wrangler can do, but have no need or desire to crawl over rocks...be gentle please just thought...
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

I'm on my second Wrangler, and love them. But honestly its the ability to traverse 2ft of snow if need be and also the ability to go topless/doorless in summer also that I love the most. Of course the look and heritage is super important as well, as is the fact I can still get a stick, never owned an automatic. So what if Jeep kept all those attributes, kept the solid axles in the sport and Rubicon, but kinda spun the Sahara onto a full independent suspension for those of us that love everything the wrangler can do, but have no need or desire to crawl over rocks...be gentle please just thought...
That would be a Grand Cherokee or a Bronco.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

Here you go: https://www.rego4x4.com/

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You cant take the doors and top off a grand Cherokee, and no stick.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be a Grand Cherokee or a Bronco.
But yes in essence a grand cherokee drivetrain and suspension setup with the body of a wrangler

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
...be gentle please just thought...
[/QUOTE]
lol

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Uh no... Keep the solid front axle on the Sahara....

Jeep Wrangler JL Next-Gen Wrangler IMG_6202.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Next-Gen Wrangler IMG_6219.JPG

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
It will be interesting to see how the JL handles electrification. The 4xe holds promise but as time progresses more reliance on batteries is inevitable. The JL is shaped like a brick...add in off-road tires and it will become necessary to have a huge battery to get range. My Tesla Model 3 LR realistically gets about 200 miles range on the highway driving 75mph with a 75 kw battery (epa rated 310 miles). The 4xe get 25 mile range with a 25kw battery. Doing some simple math extrapolates to 75 miles with the same sized battery as my Tesla. Not sure where they will put all these batteries.” In a JL.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see how the JL handles electrification. The 4xe holds promise but as time progresses more reliance on batteries is inevitable. The JL is shaped like a brick...add in off-road tires and it will become necessary to have a huge battery to get range. My Tesla Model 3 LR realistically gets about 200 miles range on the highway driving 75mph with a 75 kw battery (epa rated 310 miles). The 4xe get 25 mile range with a 25kw battery. Doing some simple math extrapolates to 75 miles with the same sized battery as my Tesla. Not sure where they will put all these batteries.” In a JL.
And I'm not keen on my kids sitting directly on top of a huge battery, which is where it is located in the wrangler...

cphollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2DR soft top
New owner here, not a big off-roader, so my comments are limited. I do think my 2021 is just about perfect.

I do like the safety doodahs -- cameras, sensors and the like. The 360 view cameras on other vehicles would be nice. I also think my 2DR soft top could lose a few hundred pounds without giving up strength or durability.

I think EVs work when you've got predictable, local driving patterns. For example, when I was commuting to work most days, EVs would make sense. They don't make sense when you're on day 6 of a desert adventure. We can easily do 300 miles in a day of just exploring.

Since we live in a beach town, bright color schemes work well. A few locals have gone to town with custom wraps, and they are very eye catching.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think Wrangler, given its dual on-road/off-road role, is the perfect candidate for hybrid power trains.

That’s the direction Toyota is reportedly taking all its trucks.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I think Wrangler, given its dual on-road/off-road role, is the perfect candidate for hybrid power trains.

That’s the direction Toyota is reportedly taking all its trucks.
The F150 hybrid seems pretty impressive also, with a turbo V6. I fully expect Ford to trot out a V6turbo hybrid Bronco too, to 1-up Jeep & their 4cyl setup.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
My guess on the 'mid-life' refresh would be more 'refinements' and a few powertrain options...Things like eliminating the 'dimples' in the door skins at the hinges, making the fold-down windshield an extra cost option for those who want it, available 12" touchscreen with 360 camera (love it on my Ram), 35" tires available from the factory, larger body mounted foldable mirrors, height adjustable passenger seat, rear seats that lock into place when folded-especially on 2-doors, one-touch power windows (both up & down) and performance enhancements including selectable terrain modes, expanded available gear ratios and a more powerful 6 cylinder engine...Though I would love a light weight aluminum hi-tech V8 option!

PS: Hopefully they will follow Fords lead on the Bronco and Jeep will show as much 'love' to the 2-door as they do the 4-door...
Sponsored

Last edited: