Rubi SoHo

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I believe Jeep Jamborees require a GMRS radio. Don’t know about EJS but wouldn’t be surprised if they did as well.
I believe I have a few handheld GMRS radios in my kit that I take Mountain Biking.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I know the highlift is a very popular piece of gear, and it definitely completes "the look", but for my money, I far prefer a bottle jack. Less expensive, safer, more practical in terms of placement.

Just my two cents! :)
My only experience with a hilift included body damage. I’ll take a scissor or bottle all day long.

JEEP392

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEVXR392
I know the highlift is a very popular piece of gear, and it definitely completes "the look", but for my money, I far prefer a bottle jack. Less expensive, safer, more practical in terms of placement.

Just my two cents! :)
Just make sure you get a “tall” enough bottle jack, because even with airing down your tires, the bottle type may not give you sufficient room/height to actually change a 35” tire.
Hence… a High Lift jack.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rubi SoHo

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Bring the kiddos. Great family bonding opportunity.
Taking my 15yo boy with me this time. I’m ashamed to say that I think this may be our first 1:1 outing together. I have 4 others so usually at least a few kids have come along for fun things.

Sponsored

UniqueUserName

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Wrangler YJ, 2022 JLUR-XR
Not sure about Carplay but their Android Auto requires a premium subscription.
I've maintained an Elite subscription for OnX Hunt for years, so when they came out with OnX Offroad, I just automatically signed up for the Premium subscription (If I need to identify land ownership, I can just use my Hunt subscription for that). The "Premium" subscription is their most basic paid subscription, which does include Carplay and Android Auto. AFIK, the only unpaid option they have is a seven-day trial. My guess is that the trial would be fully functional for the trial period.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Moab = changing weather. Clothes to adjust for conditions.

KevinC

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just make sure you get a “tall” enough bottle jack, because even with airing down your tires, the bottle type may not give you sufficient room/height to actually change a 35” tire.
Hence… a High Lift jack.
Good point on making sure the bottle jack has enough travel to get the axle high enough to change the tire (has to go from the ~6” with a blown tire to 15”+ to change the tire.

The stock scissor with a stand (like comes with the XR) has been a good way to do that.

The hi lift has to get the lift point so high, it’s just scary to me after personally having one slip. Instead of lifting at the axle, where you basically just need to lift the distance of the sidewall, you lift at another location, further from the tire, and have to overcome the full droop of the suspension. For me, at the bumper that’s solidly over 3’ in the air.

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Hence… a High Lift jack.
100%! If you're lifted and running larger tires, no doubt you'll need a taller bottle jack. :)

But FWIW, if you're lifting at the axle, you'll actually require far less travel to get the tire in the air, whereas if you're lifting at the frame/bumper (like most highlifts), you're going to need to get much further in the air to prevent the suspension from traveling down.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I've maintained an Elite subscription for OnX Hunt for years, so when they came out with OnX Offroad, I just automatically signed up for the Premium subscription (If I need to identify land ownership, I can just use my Hunt subscription for that). The "Premium" subscription is their most basic paid subscription, which does include Carplay and Android Auto. AFIK, the only unpaid option they have is a seven-day trial. My guess is that the trial would be fully functional for the trial period.
They have a basic of some sort, cause I'm on it.

Just highlighting that it costs $$ to use Android Auto, which I personally find ridiculous. I'm ok locking features behind a paywall, but charging me just to use the same interface on a different device is greedy, imo.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Gaia works on Carplay, and as long as you download the maps in the GPS files, you should be able to use them off line. I did this with an event here last season on private property and it worked great.
Sponsored