New and considering Wrangler

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini
The JL is my third Jeep and I love it. I don't care what car you buy there are a few that roll off the line with problems. I owned a Pinto and the only problem I had with it was a rattle in the door. I took off the door panel and removed the Coke bottle left in there from the assembly line and the problem stopped (no kidding). Ha! But I never got rear ended either. I didn't find out about the Pinto problem until after I sold it. Info comes so fast now that you get a better sense of what's going on with every vehicle. But look at the overall theme of the messages on this forum. We LOVE our Jeeps. Buy what makes you happy. You only get one shot at life but you can sell the Jeep if you decide that don't like it.

Disclaimer: The guy making this post actually bought a Pinto because he couldn't afford a Corviar. Any opinion of his should be very suspect.
My dad had the same story from the 60s. His Coke bottle in a rear quarter panel had a note in it that said something about a UAW strike. LOL

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini
I replied earlier, but my suggestion:
Get sahara or rubicon not sport
Get 8.4” display (huge upgrade vs 7)
Get the LED lighting.
Everything else is personal pref.
If you are loading up sahara, just get the Moab.
People are complaining about the LED lights in snow. They are cool, so get covered with snow quickly, then don’t provide much light. I didn’t want them but I think they come with the steel bumper package.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
People are complaining about the LED lights in snow. They are cool, so get covered with snow quickly, then don’t provide much light. I didn’t want them but I think they come with the steel bumper package.
For some reason they are now requiring you to get and pay for LED lights when you get the steel bumpers. No valid reason for them to do that but to make more money.

I've had LED headlights on my JK for years and only had occasional snow build up because the set back on the Wrangler traps it. Snow will built up on a halogen light Wrangler if the snow is coming down fast and wet. Before long you probably won't be able to buy a vehicle without leds. Then instead of the idiots that try to stick an LED bulb into a halogen reflector they will be trying to stick a halogen bulb into an LED reflector.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I could never completely give up my truck. I need a truck bed. But like you I am also new to the Jeep Wrangler community. I'm a little nervous about buying an FCA product but I'm also willing to work on it if I need to.
I kept my full size chevrolet crew cab...thinking that I didnt want to give up the Pick-up...Y
You know you always need a truck. But....I have NOT used my truck since my jeeps.
I have a 8x10 utility trailer and it hauls everything that I might need a truck for....and I can unhook it and leave it next to my house. Jeep is great and you don't need to have a Bed attached to it permanently. But if you need the bed...just hook up the trailer. Best of both worlds. Go with the jeep...get a trailer hitch and a utility trailer and NEVER look back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Hey guys I’ve got a 2015 ram ecodiesel and have been thinking about trading in on a new unlimited. I was just wondering what everyone’s opinions on the new wranglers are, hows the reliability and major problems you are having? Thanks in advance
Love my 19 JLU. Sahara with advanced safety package, great touch screen, tan leather, Majito color. Auto 6cyl. A blast to drive, rides and handles well. Wind noise not nearly as bad as some say it is. 4000 no issues. No steering issues or any other. Quality is excellent. LOVE this thing.

Reactions: VNT

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My dad had the same story from the 60s. His Coke bottle in a rear quarter panel had a note in it that said something about a UAW strike. LOL
I remember reading a story of Brian Bosworth, the former football player. He said he would leave loose bolts or screws inside of cars he worked on while employed at a OK GM factory. There is talk there might possibly be a UAW strike this year. Don't give anyone any ideas! lol.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm fortunate enough to own a Ram Crew Cab Limited and a JLU Rubicon. The truck is the long range cruiser and the Wrangler is basically a weekend toy. I'd never buy a Wrangler to be my every day driver, but it might not be to long before mine has more miles on it than my truck. Figure that out.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Never buy a trim that you won't be completely satisfied with 5 years down the road, chances are, you will spends MUCH more modifying it later.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I wait a LONG time for a Wrangler like the JLU- traded in my Mazda CX-5 and never have looked back! I lease all my vehicles and this is the first one I am DEFINITELY buying out. I have 2 little boys, too, and it's perfect for them. Drives amazingly well and way more spacious than my past 2 SUVs. You will never regret it and will have a blast. I smile in it and stare at it when I walk away from it! I bought mine last January so I am well over a year in and haven't had ANY issues (knock on wood). Go for it!

Jeep Lift 3.jpg

Sponsored

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I’ve got a 2015 ram ecodiesel and have been thinking about trading in on a new unlimited. I was just wondering what everyone’s opinions on the new wranglers are, hows the reliability and major problems you are having? Thanks in advance
1st time Jeep owner and I am sold. Had the death wobbles but a steer smarts track bar cleaned that up nicely. Love the Jeep and have no regrets. I was beating up/getting stuck and stranded in my GMC Colorado and Rav 4 trying to go places they were not meant to go. Now I go everywhere plus some and have a blast. Getting stuck generally is not a problem with the winch - have used a bout 9 times this winter and excited for some more this spring with snow drifts on trails and mud! Go Rubicon! More info on my build page - "Trail Hunter"

DSC01029.jpeg

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I kept my full size chevrolet crew cab...thinking that I didnt want to give up the Pick-up...Y
You know you always need a truck. But....I have NOT used my truck since my jeeps.
I have a 8x10 utility trailer and it hauls everything that I might need a truck for....and I can unhook it and leave it next to my house. Jeep is great and you don't need to have a Bed attached to it permanently. But if you need the bed...just hook up the trailer. Best of both worlds. Go with the jeep...get a trailer hitch and a utility trailer and NEVER look back.
Same here, except I did trade in my Ram Dually. I worried about missing a truck bed, and sure enough, I did.
I bought a little 4’x7’ utility trailer at Tractor Supply. $600. Welded together, not bolted. No assembly required. It’s so small and light it doesn’t even have a tongue jack.I flat love it. I don’t even bother to back it into its spot by my house. Just. unhitch and walk it over. It tracks perfectly in the Jeep tracks.
Hauls my fishing kayak like a champ, and being low, it’s a cinch to load.
It’s going to be a lot easier to load a deer by myself next Fall!
Sponsored