OP

Rgreer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ram ecodiesel
Jeeps are awesome man. I had to buy a truck to though I can’t do things I need to do without a truck bed. I’m curious what are the issues with the ecodiesel. My dad has a 2015 he’s pushing a 100k Miles no issues.
There has been a ton of engine failures, and a lot of emissions related problems
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rgreer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ram ecodiesel
And yet so many people here can't wait to buy an EcoDiesel Wrangler. Lol.

If it's just the Diesel that has you spooked, and you still love the Ram, why not trade in for a Hemi?
I do like the ram and considered the hemi, I’m just not sold on the new body style

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
The JLU is the least practical SUV I've ever owned but the fun makes it well worth it. It's loud, uncomfortable, underpowered, the ride is beastly, and the storage sucks (I'm not exaggerating when I say the trunk area is about as helpful as that of a VW Jetta). If you're planning on towing anything bigger than a JetSki, get ready for a battle.

It smokes and squeals on startup, the valves rattle and ping, the leather is wearing oddly, it creaks in the cold, it takes concentration to keep it on the road... frankly, it's a pig with lipstick. But I really do love it. There's something charming about the bouncy ride, having to bend down to see the whole speedometer (if you're tall), and needing to use the force of a thousand suns to engage 4WD. There's also something cool about knowing the windshield folds down for literally no reason whatsoever.

And, as a guy not interested in being a part of the Wrangler circle jerk, I love the feature set available for the JL. The infotainment system is better than both our BMW and Benz. The LED headlights are phenomenal, the Alpine system sounds great, and I appreciate the fact that there's still a modern vehicle without 4 acres of dash.

It's been a blast. Honestly, the only thing that would keep me from buying another one is the atrocious dealership service department experiences. Everything is a battle and I often feel like I'm taking crazy pills. It's sort of like arguing with my toddlers about whether squirrels go to school or not.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey guys I’ve got a 2015 ram ecodiesel and have been thinking about trading in on a new unlimited. I was just wondering what everyone’s opinions on the new wranglers are, hows the reliability and major problems you are having? Thanks in advance
You'll be okay with the loss in storage ability? Get a rack if necessary? Never bought your current truck for storage in the first place?

Sponsored

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
There has been a ton of engine failures, and a lot of emissions related problems
I guess my dad lucked up on his. I heard of some problems before they changed the weight of the engine oil right at first.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The JLU is the least practical SUV I've ever owned but the fun makes it well worth it. It's loud, uncomfortable, underpowered, the ride is beastly, and the storage sucks (I'm not exaggerating when I say the trunk area is about as helpful as that of a VW Jetta). If you're planning on towing anything bigger than a JetSki, get ready for a battle.

It smokes and squeals on startup, the valves rattle and ping, the leather is wearing oddly, it creaks in the cold, it takes concentration to keep it on the road... frankly, it's a pig with lipstick. But I really do love it. There's something charming about the bouncy ride, having to bend down to see the whole speedometer (if you're tall), and needing to use the force of a thousand suns to engage 4WD. There's also something cool about knowing the windshield folds down for literally no reason whatsoever.

And, as a guy not interested in being a part of the Wrangler circle jerk, I love the feature set available for the JL. The infotainment system is better than both our BMW and Benz. The LED headlights are phenomenal, the Alpine system sounds great, and I appreciate the fact that there's still a modern vehicle without 4 acres of dash.

It's been a blast. Honestly, the only thing that would keep me from buying another one is the atrocious dealership service department experiences. Everything is a battle and I often feel like I'm taking crazy pills. It's sort of like arguing with my toddlers about whether squirrels go to school or not.
Sums it up nicely. I really like my JLU (1st Wrangler) but there are a bunch compromises. I wouldn’t change my decision, but each week when I’m in a decent rental on the road I’m reminded of those compromises. You need to embrace it vs fight it.

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
The JL is my third Jeep and I love it. I don't care what car you buy there are a few that roll off the line with problems. I owned a Pinto and the only problem I had with it was a rattle in the door. I took off the door panel and removed the Coke bottle left in there from the assembly line and the problem stopped (no kidding). Ha! But I never got rear ended either. I didn't find out about the Pinto problem until after I sold it. Info comes so fast now that you get a better sense of what's going on with every vehicle. But look at the overall theme of the messages on this forum. We LOVE our Jeeps. Buy what makes you happy. You only get one shot at life but you can sell the Jeep if you decide that don't like it.

Disclaimer: The guy making this post actually bought a Pinto because he couldn't afford a Corviar. Any opinion of his should be very suspect.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Buying your First jeep can go one of 2 ways.

1) You realize your a jeep guy and it changes your life, and you can no longer like anything else ever again.
2) You realize you are not a jeep guy and you hate the wrangler

It takes a special personality to love a Wrangler

JL is my 4th jeep, 3rd wrangler, had 2 cars in between, during those 2 cars all I did was miss my wranglers.

Don't expect it to drive like anything else you've ever driven, because it doesn't.

My 18 only has a wobble issue, but I know how to avoid setting off milkshake mode until I get into it and replace some things this spring, which I planned on doing anyway, even if it didn't have milkshake mode

Sponsored

Jrwfarm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th
Hey guys I’ve got a 2015 ram ecodiesel and have been thinking about trading in on a new unlimited. I was just wondering what everyone’s opinions on the new wranglers are, hows the reliability and major problems you are having? Thanks in advance
I have a 2015 Ram Ecodiesel with 47,000 miles on it and I thoroughly enjoy it. No troubles at all. I don’t think you should spook away from the 3.0 as long as you warm it up properly and don’t make too many short trips . They need plenty of exercise. They ride and drive so good. I keep two vehicles and my number two is the Jeep. I have a JLU ordered.

voland

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS M6
Vehicle Showcase
Just remember: if you read forums, you will never buy any car. There not too many people who go on forums to say how great their car is (well, I see more people like this on Jeep forums). Most people come to forums for advice or to discuss an issue they've encountered. Just like any car these days, Jeep has bugs, not unlike a piece of software. These bugs are being addressed by the manufacturer or by the ecosystem as the model matures. Go for a few test drives, rent one, and decide if this is the right vehicle for your needs.

sekotd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cadillac ATS
I could never completely give up my truck. I need a truck bed. But like you I am also new to the Jeep Wrangler community. I'm a little nervous about buying an FCA product but I'm also willing to work on it if I need to.
Love the dolphins...

Oh, and never had a problem with my wife's 2013 Grand Cherokee or my 2014 JKUR. There are some other FCA products I might stay away from, but Wranglers and Grand Cherokees have always been worth every penny.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I replied earlier, but my suggestion:
Get sahara or rubicon not sport
Get 8.4” display (huge upgrade vs 7)
Get the LED lighting.
Everything else is personal pref.
If you are loading up sahara, just get the Moab.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

tenor (2).gif
Sponsored