www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

The new bfg 37’s weigh almost exactly what the 35’s do and the 37’s now come in a C. Wouldn’t it be the same thing to run those new 37’s bfg ko2’s then?
unless you plan to run 8-10 or higher IMO on a two door. 2" lift and 35's would be a sweet spot. I currently have a 2.5" lift and patagonia MT 35's and i dont hit that much on my belly skids.. you could go the route of getting 35's and a set of full skid plates for the belly and that should take most your worry away and later on put a lift on. two doors are so much more nimble than a 4 door y'all can miss some of the hard stuff LOL.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
I suggest you get the 35x11.5R17 Toyo AT3's and run them on stock wheels with no lift. This will give stockish ride and handling. I am running Nitto's version of that tire which is more of a mud terrain and thus noisier. I couldn't be happier with this tire on a trail/touring Jeep but I'd want something more street oriented for a daily driver. Note that I found 30 psi to be right for the street, so you'll need to get a Tazer or have the dealer change your recommended inflation pressure.

You will be amazed at where you can go with this tire. Rather than a lift, I elected to install a full set of skid plates from Mountain Off Road Enterprises and a set of LoD rocker guards.
The toyo at3 with no lift is how I’m am leaning. U think it would ride and have the pep very similar to stock with the at3?

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I recently upgraded my Rubi to the BFG 315 35's load range C and I'm glad didn't go to 37's. I don't get to 8th gear nearly as much as I did on the stock BFG 285 33's, which makes me think I would need to re-gear for 37's. Mopar 2" lift is going on this week if UPS can get their act together.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
The toyo at3 with no lift is how I’m am leaning. U think it would ride and have the pep very similar to stock with the at3?
Yes. Especially with the automatic. Even with a manual transmission mine drives great.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I recently upgraded my Rubi to the BFG 315 35's load range C and I'm glad didn't go to 37's. I don't get to 8th gear nearly as much as I did on the stock BFG 285 33's, which makes me think I would need to re-gear for 37's. Mopar 2" lift is going on this week if UPS can get their act together.
Did you calibrate the speedometer for the new tire size? If so, you should still see 8th gear quite frequently.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Keep in mind you have a Rubicon w/ the 1.5" wider axles, 4:10 gears, and higher fenders. There's been a bunch of Rubicons around here that are running the wider 12.5" 35s without issues. I think there's a large thread around here w/ that exact setup.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Ours does everything fine on the stock 33's. I will fit 35's once the tires I want become available again. They will go on the factory wheels with the factory suspension. 99.9% of people do not need to lift a Rubicon and run 37's. Looks cool but really not necessary from a functional standpoint. I agree with the comments about needing to re-gear for 37's and even then the 3.6 will struggle some with them.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Ours does everything fine on the stock 33's. I will fit 35's once the tires I want become available again. They will go on the factory wheels with the factory suspension. 99.9% of people do not need to lift a Rubicon and run 37's. Looks cool but really not necessary from a functional standpoint.
Agreed.

I agree with the comments about needing to re-gear for 37's and even then the 3.6 will struggle some with them.
Keep in mind not everyone lives at 7,000 ft. Here in the flatlands a 3.6 could handle 37's even without regearing.

OP
OP

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank u. That definitely gives me some insight. Will u please post a picture of before the lift on the 315’s and after the lift? That would really help out

OP
OP

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind you have a Rubicon w/ the 1.5" wider axles, 4:10 gears, and higher fenders. There's been a bunch of Rubicons around here that are running the wider 12.5" 35s without issues. I think there's a large thread around here w/ that exact setup.
If u find that thread let me know. Searched for it and can’t seem to locate it

Sponsored

OP
OP

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ours does everything fine on the stock 33's. I will fit 35's once the tires I want become available again. They will go on the factory wheels with the factory suspension. 99.9% of people do not need to lift a Rubicon and run 37's. Looks cool but really not necessary from a functional standpoint. I agree with the comments about needing to re-gear for 37's and even then the 3.6 will struggle some with them.
What tire are u wanting?

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Ordered a 2 door rubicon in the middle of July. I ended up going with the 3.6 with etourque. I also went with the automatic. So here’s the dilemma I’m dealing with. I’m either going to leave it stock height and go to a 35 like the toyo at3 or I’m considering doing the mopar lift and getting the new bfg 37’s that came out that are c. They weight just under 65 lbs. I know the bfg runs small. This Jeep will be my daily and I want to take trips in it and retain all factory warranty. Do u think the bfg 37’s in c will be to much for the 3.6 and I’ll loose all pep? Should I just stick with stock ride height and go with the 35’s? What are ur thoughts?
I would not go larger than 35s. The 35s fit perfect on my JLUR, even the spare. If you go with 37s with will need many other modifications, plus you will have more unsprung mass, and you will seldom see 8th gear.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Thank u. That definitely gives me some insight. Will u please post a picture of before the lift on the 315’s and after the lift? That would really help out
My profile pic is the 35's with no lift. I really like the look, but I do some moderate to difficult off-roading and planning to do the Rubicon, Moab, etc. I'm pretty sure they will rub on some of the harder obstacles. Plus, I have already gouged/scratched pretty much every skid plate that I have installed, so the extra 2-3" will help me save money on spray paint.
Sponsored