Sponsored

JLU Rubicon on 35s no lift

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi, I wanted to share thoughts/pics as I had a hard time researching the web & forums to ensure they would fit no problem without any additional MODs. I have drove it for a couple days and am more than happy. If you're considering what model to get and are looking to keep your tires 35 or under, i'd recommend the Rubicon. No need for any additional work with it coming in 4:10 gears w the Dana 44s (extra pts for details such as the hood vents) I'll caveat that for anyone who does hardcore rock crawling, not sure at full flex what the rubbing would be like, but for majority of jeep owners with daily driving & basic weekend offroading this seems perfect. I would figure any intense rock crawling wouldn't be in expensive new JL though :)

Here some pics (35x12.50x18 Kumho MT, Worx Rebel).

Jeep.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Looks great! The OEM Rubi ones are 33"s, right?

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Thanks for write up OP! Keep us posted. I believe having the right offset on your wheels will make a difference too.

OP
OP
The Pooch

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks great! The OEM Rubi ones are 33"s, right?
Yes, they come with the 33 BF KO2s. It's a popular tires, so they are very easy to sell. You would be more than happy with those on the Rubi compared to the other models. My buddy is kicking himself for not forking up the cash difference between the Rubicon/Sahara now.

Sponsored

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Yes, they come with the 33 BF KO2s. It's a popular tires, so they are very easy to sell. You would be more than happy with those on the Rubi compared to the other models. My buddy is kicking himself for not forking up the cash difference between the Rubicon/Sahara now.
Hell, you can even get a Rubi for cheaper than a fully loaded Sport S if you custom order it barebones. I did something like that, my Rubi only came out to be 43k ($45k after tax/title/etc). Only option I got was LED/Tow package and premium soft top.

OP
OP
The Pooch

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for write up OP! Keep us posted. I believe having the right offset on your wheels will make a difference too.
The wheels are 18x9, -12 offset. Doesn't appear to be an issue, I just consulted an expert (bc i'm def not) if they will go with tires I was getting.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
Hi, I wanted to share thoughts/pics as I had a hard time researching the web & forums to ensure they would fit no problem without any additional MODs. I have drove it for a couple days and am more than happy. If your considering what model to get and are looking to keep your tires 35 or under, i'd recommend the Rubicon. No need for any additional work with it coming in 4:10 gears w the Dana 44s (extra pts for details such as the hood vents) I'll caveat that for anyone who does hardcore rock crawling, not sure at full flex what the rubbing would be like, but for majority of jeep owners with daily driving & basic weekend offroading this seems perfect. I would figure any intense rock crawling wouldn't be in expensive new JL though :)

So this is stock wheels 35 inch no lift how does it drive

Here some pics (35x12.50x18 Kumho MT, Worx Rebel).

Jeep.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.jpg

Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
Can I do it on stock wheels

What type of tire is it all terrain

OP
OP
The Pooch

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can I do it on stock wheels

What type of tire is it all terrain
The OEM wheels are 17s. You would need to get a 35 tire that fits a 17 wheel, so yes. The Kumho is a mud terrain but had great on road driving rating. The tire i got is for 18in wheels. The OEM BF KO2s are all terrain. The other thing to consider if your amount for sidewall as you'll have more if you keep 17 on 35. I wanted to keep the drive feel fairly consistent which is why I went up to 18 wheel.

Footbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited White Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
The OEM wheels are 17s. You would need to get a 35 tire that fits a 17 wheel, so yes. The Kumho is a mud terrain but had great on road driving rating. The tire i got is for 18in wheels. The OEM BF KO2s are all terrain. The other thing to consider if your amount for sidewall as you'll have more if you keep 17 on 35. I wanted to keep the drive feel fairly consistent which is why I went up to 18 wheel.
So if you did a 20 wheel, would it be a smoother street drive?
Sponsored