Need opinions/advice.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
A 392 Wrangler is not a muscle car...its like driving a piece of plywood at high speeds. Buy a Willy's when the market dictates, then buy a used Muscle Car. You only live once
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
A 392 Wrangler is not a muscle car...its like driving a piece of plywood at high speeds. Buy a Willy's when the market dictates, then buy a used Muscle Car. You only live once
The same has been said about the Challenger its a heavy brick just lower to the ground. The Jeep is not much heavier. I just saw a guy take a bone stock 392 to the track and run 12.8 and the rev limiter kept cutting him off and shutting it down at the end before he crossed the line or he would have ran faster. Jeep won't let it go over 100 because of the off road tires.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
That my point...power, but handling suffers. Its not a muscle car...its a Wrangler with a great powerful engine

Dp227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6MT
You obviously want to do it. I think your mind is made up.

While it would be a horrible idea for me if I were in your situation, I am not you and that may not be the case for you.

Make a decision, and stick with it. Own it if it works out for you, own it if it ends up not. But don’t try to justify why to people you don’t know when they point out negatives. It’s your decision. Not ours.

Just my .02.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
You're not going to pull out $70k. Your going to have to pay taxes on those gains.

You made 6X on your money in two years? That's phenomenal! The past couple years with covid and the market though has been a huge anomaly. I'm not sure you can keep up those returns.

BUT!

If you could and you make 6X on $70k, you're talking over $400k. You could easily buy that 392 cash. But I think in the back of your mind, you realize that the gains you have are not easily repeatable and you already said you're burnt out of it.

You're almost there, save up enough money and buy cash. That's what I"d do.

re: youtube. Start without the 392 and see where it goes. If the content is good enough, it will start to pick up and you can buy the 392 with the proceeds. That will make your channel even more popular.

Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
You obviously want to do it. I think your mind is made up.

While it would be a horrible idea for me if I were in your situation, I am not you and that may not be the case for you.

Make a decision, and stick with it. Own it if it works out for you, own it if it ends up not. But don’t try to justify why to people you don’t know when they point out negatives. It’s your decision. Not ours.

Just my .02.
I'm definitely not trying to justify anything. Any time I respond it's just because I'm thinking out loud. Doesn't mean I think I'm right. I want to hear all the negatives. That's actually the point of this thread.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
You're not going to pull out $70k. Your going to have to pay taxes on those gains.

You made 6X on your money in two years? That's phenomenal! The past couple years with covid and the market though has been a huge anomaly. I'm not sure you can keep up those returns.

BUT!

If you could and you make 6X on $70k, you're talking over $400k. You could easily buy that 392 cash. But I think in the back of your mind, you realize that the gains you have are not easily repeatable and you already said you're burnt out of it.

You're almost there, save up enough money and buy cash. That's what I"d do.

re: youtube. Start without the 392 and see where it goes. If the content is good enough, it will start to pick up and you can buy the 392 with the proceeds. That will make your channel even more popular.

Good luck!
It's still an anomaly. Today I could have doubled my money on $JSPR. It shot up so fast at market open and was Halted I didn't have time to get in. And then it kept going up. I knew I should have got in during the pre market. But I was waiting and hoping for a drop for a better entry after open. The Market is crazy.

Deleted member 59498

It's still an anomaly. Today I could have doubled my money on $JSPR. It shot up so fast at market open and was Halted I didn't have time to get in. And then it kept going up. I knew I should have got in during the pre market. But I was waiting and hoping for a drop for a better entry after open. The Market is crazy.

If that is disposable I would have already ordered one. Just because they are super badass. I dipped into Bitcoin once and made several thousand and got out. Then I was like "if" i would have stayed. Problem is if I knew I would have bought Amazon and Google back in the day. Oh well most of my retirement is behind tax walls so never getting that before I need it. But if it was money I just took and made more money with then well enjoy life.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Think the idea overall sounds fun and an inventive way to spend time with your daughter, I just can't see how a 392 will make much of a difference. You're essentially trying to become an actor, so if you're good at this you should be able to make any Jeep seem cool. Hell, if you're really good at this you could even make a Prius sound grea...err sorry I'm getting out of hand now

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Is it that you believe everyone who owns a Wrangler wishes they had a 392? I assure you that’s not the case.

Nearly every purchase I have made that involved me stretching my budget beyond my comfort zone and justifying the reason, I have regretted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Is it that you believe everyone who owns a Wrangler wishes they had a 392? I assure you that’s not the case.

Nearly every purchase I have made that involved me stretching my budget beyond my comfort zone and justifying the reason, I have regretted.
Not at all. It's not going to be that type of channel. To be honest I really miss my Challenger 392. And a muscle car would fit the vehicle character perfectly for the channel. Unfortunately I live up north with lots of snow. This is just the next best thing. I'm not trying to make anyone jealous. Thats just silly.

Plus I've always wanted a Jeep. Now i can literally have the best of both worlds. And I think I will actually like this even better then my Challenger. I love the 392 engine. Combine it with off road capability and the ability to have an open air experience and you have my dream vehicle.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
^^ This is what drives views and clicks. They got just the right screen shot, it’s a little misleading :LOL:

Do you think Lite Brite would get anywhere near the views it does without the blonde?

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Buy a really nice CJ7 for $20k, and a low mileage 392/8hp75/atlas for $15k. Then make a YouTube channel of you putting the drivetrain in it with your kid along with all the other upgrades. Now you can have everything with money left over and the accomplishment of building something yourself.

Plus it’s something I would actually want to watch.

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
Jason,

You seem like a pretty smart guy, so you know that a car is a depreciable asset. You leveraged money to make money. That is a given. You're wanting to leverage a "unique" rig and a possible YouTube following to make money. Tangible vs. intangible, actual vs. supposed. It sounds like you want to make the Jeep the star of the show rather than you or your daughter. Focus on that premise and then add to it.

You came to all of us asking for advice and earning money is much harder than spending it. Take your time and really think this out. If you have to get a Jeep, consider the options everyone else said, like a used rig, lower priced rig, etc. You can even get a simple rig and build it up, kinda like this old house except call it "This Old Jeep." Share your adventures looking for parts, building the rig and teaching something to your daughter (or maybe she'll teach you a thing or two).

My Jeep brought my sons (2, 5, and 8) closer to me, but it wasn't the car itself, but our exploring, mudding, wheeling and adventuring. Our Jeep is part of our family, but our family is not part of our Jeep.

Just saying...
Sponsored