Need info/advice

jamotn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT, '14 Juke.'12 HD,'18 Indian Scout
I am wanting to order a Wrangler and after reading many threads on this great forum,I am hesitant about ordering an '18 versus a '19. I want a 2 door ,and Mojito,both of which seem to be a hurdle at this time.
When will the cut off and new model year order bank info be available?I called customer svc and spoke with an actual dolt. No info to be had there. I asked to speak with someone who might have some knowledge and was switched to the incentive line. There is much more info here.
So,what do you think. Should I wait for '19?
I order cars pretty often with good results but this seems more difficult than it should be.
Sponsored

Closure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
The admin had posted this in the ordering and pricing forum. As far as I know it hasnt changed.

4/11/18 UPDATE: 2018-2019 MY Changeover (Fleet)

2018 MY Fleet Order Cutoff Date: 7/19/18
2018 MY Build Out Dates: 10/27/18
2018 MY Final PSP Dates: 095
Estimated 2019 MY Order Acceptance Date: 9/13/18
Estimated 2019 MY Job 1 Date: 10/29/18

No idea about info for 2019 but I'd assume before the 18' cut off. maybe not

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm trying to determine if your order hesitancy lies in things other than your desire for door and color options not readily available yet, or (also) other things.

It's hard to guide you without understanding where you're motivations are coming from.

Are you, for example, thinking as well, "they'll iron out all the kinks in the '19," for example?

placey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If they have the color you want this year, you should probably order it now. There's no guarantee its available next year.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If they have the color you want this year, you should probably order it now. There's no guarantee its available next year.
This. They typically change colors every year. Of course, you always have white, silver, black, etc. But the "fun" colors always change each year.

Not to mention, pricing is going up significantly every year, and sometimes within a model year. There's no time like the present.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Here's the deal. If it's just doors and colors driving your time frame to buy then try to make an order. I haven't kept up with it but I don't think mojito is available to order yet. If you can order it, do it.

OP
OP

jamotn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT500,'15 Mustang GT, '14 Juke.'12 HD,'18 Indian Scout
I'm trying to determine if your order hesitancy lies in things other than your desire for door and color options not readily available yet, or (also) other things.

It's hard to guide you without understanding where you're motivations are coming from.

Are you, for example, thinking as well, "they'll iron out all the kinks in the '19," for example?
The order cut off date is only 6 weeks away with Mojito and 2 doors still not really being delivered on time. I am not a fan of getting last years model when for a short wait I can get a current MY. If they arent shipping the old orders on time I dont have a lot of confidence that a new one would make it b/4 cut off.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
The order cut off date is only 6 weeks away with Mojito and 2 doors still not really being delivered on time. I am not a fan of getting last years model when for a short wait I can get a current MY. If they arent shipping the old orders on time I dont have a lot of confidence that a new one would make it b/4 cut off.
Sounds like your willing to wait in exchange for less depreciation further into the future: a desired financial outcome.;)

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I am wanting to order a Wrangler and after reading many threads on this great forum,I am hesitant about ordering an '18 versus a '19. I want a 2 door ,and Mojito,both of which seem to be a hurdle at this time.
When will the cut off and new model year order bank info be available?I called customer svc and spoke with an actual dolt. No info to be had there. I asked to speak with someone who might have some knowledge and was switched to the incentive line. There is much more info here.
So,what do you think. Should I wait for '19?
I order cars pretty often with good results but this seems more difficult than it should be.
Waiting could mean higher prices due to additional steel and aluminum tariffs.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Place your order for what you want. Make sure when you place your order you can cancel order if it hasn't been delivered in a certain time frame. If you do cancel that order then order a 2019 the way you want it. The sooner you order the sooner you will get it. Who knows if they will have some type of delay on the 2019's. Bad thing right now is you can't go and test drive a 2dr and see if you like it.
Sponsored