Need Help Picking Aftermarket Headlights

Mrgrumpy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2019
Of the few true 9” headlights I’ve seen so far, these really do look the best. Are they DOT compliant by chance? In the good old commonwealth of Virginia, I have to be sure.

I live in VA too. The lights I will say need to be adjusted with some washers for mine as they are Angled down into the ground a lot .But turn those high beems on and say hello to day light holy crap. You will be fine in VA if you just adjust them and don't have them blinding on comming traffic looking like high beems do.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I live in VA too. The lights I will say need to be adjusted with some washers for mine as they are Angled down into the ground a lot .But turn those high beems on and say hello to day light holy crap. You will be fine in VA if you just adjust them and don't have them blinding on comming traffic looking like high beems do.
I haven’t turned my high beams on in years. My biggest problem is getting it to pass inspection and avoid issues with the cops.

Mrgrumpy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2019
I haven’t turned my high beams on in years. My biggest problem is getting it to pass inspection and avoid issues with the cops.
Yeah I mean I am one and I don't pull people over for after market headlights. It's not illegal unless they are driving around with high beems on or the lights aren't angled properly and get construed as high beems .but these are DOT stamped on them so you should be fine. I fine tuned my angle of the headlights cause I have stock lift and had to bump the bottom up with washers and it's perfect up high enough to light but not to high to be miss construed.

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
802D3A55-1A86-4DB6-908C-4B5A0AE29C99.jpeg
I’m using Kong Style 7 inch headlights. To me they look beady in that housing. Still in search for true 9 inch oem style.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@PunKin Im in the same boat as you, just installed a set of Pro Comp 7” that I had in my JKU, but once the after market gets going with the 9” I will probably swap them out.

E994C69E-2873-4F62-BF82-E8BC4F1196E2.jpeg

666DACE9-CC25-4C4B-A297-0F7812F10A53.jpeg

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
802D3A55-1A86-4DB6-908C-4B5A0AE29C99.jpeg
I’m using Kong Style 7 inch headlights. To me they look beady in that housing. Still in search for true 9 inch oem style.
That's why i did TRS's adapters. it fills in all that area and there's no gap like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jl335i

Jl335i

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Sahara JLU
Just got my brackets and headlights, will post a photo soon! thanks everyone for your help!

sheogorath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU rubicon. camaro ss fifty
@PunKin Im in the same boat as you, just installed a set of Pro Comp 7” that I had in my JKU, but once the after market gets going with the 9” I will probably swap them out.

E994C69E-2873-4F62-BF82-E8BC4F1196E2.jpeg

666DACE9-CC25-4C4B-A297-0F7812F10A53.jpeg
Where did you get your bracket from, it looks great!

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get your bracket from, it looks great!
Thanks @sheogorath, I got them on Amazon, I went with this one because it includes rubber rings to help fill the gaps: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KJZNM7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There was still a good sized gap after I installed them, so I used longer bolts and spacers to push the lights forwards by about half an inch.
IMG_1340.jpeg

I have since gone back to the stock lenses, with Beamtech LED bulbs. I still haven't decided which I like the best!
One thing that I did notice is that there is a good sized gap between the stock lenses and the grill, I do prefer the look of the 7" lights, but the beam cut off was annoying me!

sheogorath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU rubicon. camaro ss fifty
Thanks @sheogorath, I got them on Amazon, I went with this one because it includes rubber rings to help fill the gaps: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KJZNM7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There was still a good sized gap after I installed them, so I used longer bolts and spacers to push the lights forwards by about half an inch.
IMG_1340.jpeg

I have since gone back to the stock lenses, with Beamtech LED bulbs. I still haven't decided which I like the best!
One thing that I did notice is that there is a good sized gap between the stock lenses and the grill, I do prefer the look of the 7" lights, but the beam cut off was annoying me!
Whats the size of the spacers you used?

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whats the size of the spacers you used?
They were about 1/2", they came from a TV mounting kit, I tend to keep spare parts, never know when you might need them!
You could use a stack of washers on each bolt, but it would take a few :)
Sponsored