OP

NorCal392

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M5, F150, Chevy 3500 Dually
I think the half doors are the same as the full doors? They are heavy…. I’m so bummed right now…. We had a blast taking it out yesterday with the top and doors off.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'd straight up want a new vehicle. That's all kinds of wrong. If they messed up paint that bad, what else did they mess up on that you haven't discovered yet?

VTACH

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi! Those are interesting pictures for sure! I’m sorry to hear about your trouble. Would you mind posting a ~20ft pic of the entire vehicle? I’m curious as to how “bad” it looks from a short distance. From what you have posted, it seems unacceptable but I’m curious what it looks like as a total package with the half doors.
As an aside, congrats on a great new ride! These experiences will just add to the unique story of your 392! Enjoy and appreciate the good fortune you have to buy and enjoy such a vehicle!
Enjoy in great health,
V

OP
OP

NorCal392

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for the replies. This is all uncharted territory for me. So I appreciate all the input. I don’t have any pictures of all the half doors on. Once I put on the drivers half door and saw the difference I stopped. I’ll keep everyone posted as I get more answers. The dealership is picking it up today. Cheers everyone.

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
I'm sorry that you are in the situation. There is only one way that I could be happy with the outcome here, and that is if Jeep threw money at me or offered me another vehicle. I would 100% attempt to lemon law that. Repainting your OEM paint will not be the same as factory paint, and reduces the value of the vehicle. If they repainted it and didn't disclose it, I'd be even more upset.

I used to work at a dealership, and it wasn't uncommon to see a paint defect here and there. If I recall, there is a small bit of touch up that is probably not required to be disclosed, but multiple panels would really put a lump in my throat, especially with a 392 purchase.

I would escalate this above the dealership level, IF you were to accept a repaint, I would either request compensation for a reduction in value, or something significant in trade, such as a lifetime mopar warranty or something that Jeep has a lower cost basis on, but can provide you value for. If you feel like things are stagnant, sent a certified letter to Jeep corporate.

At the end of the day, Jeep WANTS you to be happy with your purchase, but unfortunately things at the dealership level often, not always, get lost in the shuffle of "what does it take to make you happy today, and move on". Good luck to you either way, I hope you are able to get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry that you are in the situation. There is only one way that I could be happy with the outcome here, and that is if Jeep threw money at me or offered me another vehicle. I would 100% attempt to lemon law that. Repainting your OEM paint will not be the same as factory paint, and reduces the value of the vehicle. If they repainted it and didn't disclose it, I'd be even more upset.

I used to work at a dealership, and it wasn't uncommon to see a paint defect here and there. If I recall, there is a small bit of touch up that is probably not required to be disclosed, but multiple panels would really put a lump in my throat, especially with a 392 purchase.

I would escalate this above the dealership level, IF you were to accept a repaint, I would either request compensation for a reduction in value, or something significant in trade, such as a lifetime mopar warranty or something that Jeep has a lower cost basis on, but can provide you value for. If you feel like things are stagnant, sent a certified letter to Jeep corporate.

At the end of the day, Jeep WANTS you to be happy with your purchase, but unfortunately things at the dealership level often, not always, get lost in the shuffle of "what does it take to make you happy today, and move on". Good luck to you either way, I hope you are able to get this resolved to your satisfaction.
Ive got a friend that this happened with his launch edition TRX, the dealer and ram both told him to pound sand.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Ugh. I hope you get a happy outcome out of this. I have no clue what's going on but in years past I had a TJ that the doors weren't spot on to the tub. Did some digging and came up with an idea that might match what's going on here. The doors might be painted somewhere completely different from the tub and they get matched up during install and shipment. Same might go for the body panel below the A-Pillar.

I know in the Corvette world the removable tops are painted off site and matched up later. So people complain often about the mismatch in color.

How did your half doors get to you? Were they shipped to the dealership separate? If you remove the half doors and the A-Pillar piece does everything else appear to match?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How did your half doors get to you? Were they shipped to the dealership separate?
1/2 doors are packed into and shipped with the vehicle.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
1/2 doors are packed into and shipped with the vehicle.

That's a bit ridiculous then. Should be spec'd before delivery. That's disappointing.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
GCM has been around for years because of it’s steady popularity. I had a GC & Challenger in it. There’s not one IOTA of brown in it. You need a paint job on some panels to match the correct panels.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NorCal392

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 1/2 doors did indeed ship with it. Each box has the matching vin on the outside. If I were to remove the doors and A pillar sections, the fenders, roof, freedom top, and small rectangular section between the A pillars would all be a different shade of grey crystal granite. The roof isn’t horrible…. But definitely not a match to the body. The body is definitely more on the brown/gold side.

BAC5E63F-A5B2-4A13-AD6D-F0257A22FDFA.jpeg

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
That is terrible, as an earlier post suggested perhaps it was damaged or didn’t pass QC at some point and parts got resprayed, with colors like that with metallic it is close to impossible to match with a respray.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Jeep is lacking in QC department, from top to down. My 392 was delivered steering wheel off center to the 11 o’clock. And the drag link adjustor lock nut loose. So definitely escalate it above dealer level…

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Jeep is lacking in QC department, from top to down. My 392 was delivered steering wheel off center to the 11 o’clock. And the drag link adjustor lock nut loose. So definitely escalate it above dealer level…
Same. My Gladiator had the fender liner push pin missing from the front driver, the hard top was missing 4 bolts, and my windshield washer fluid lines were disconnected. On top of that, they wrapped a wiring harness around the exhaust manifold which of course, it went through in 2500 miles. Luckily I always tow my vehicles to Moab, but it was dead in the water.

My two door JLR has some paint quality issues which I will need to address in the fall as time permits. It's on the hard top, and where the door closes you can see the doors weren't aligned and some paint is missing.

My 2019 had some defects in the hard top but overall, it was significantly better QC'd than my recent two. Gladiator diesel was by far the worst, and was built in June of 2020.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Any luck with a resolution?
Sponsored