KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
I told my husband I wasn’t modding, but accessorizing :LOL: (he had a JKUR so knew I was kidding).

Congrats on your Willys! Post pics.

How are you liking the Slipstream?
Using the Slipstream as a shelf effectively doubles the cargo load! I find myself putting the gallon water jugs on top and the grocery bags underneath. The pins can be a little tough to pull and reset, but it's getting easier over time. I really like the quality!

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
lol, I’ve done nothing major, but have still averaged at least one mod/accessory every month since I’ve owned mine.

thankfully, my wife laughs that it’s still much cheaper than her obsessions.
ok, so she owns horses? What else could be more expensive than guy hobbies? Between air cooled Porsches, cameras, motorbikes, audio gear, guns, watches, and the Jeep, exactly none of all my wife’s obsessions is cheaper than any one of mine. Not including our house remodel of course...

The reason I negotiated so hard with my dealer is because I knew every penny I saved on MSRP was going back into Jeep mods. Guys who think air cooled vintage Porsche’s are expensive never owned a new Jeep!

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Hooked and congratulations. Mine only stayed stock for 3 weeks before the aftermarket wheels/tires. The list is just getting longer each day.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
ok, so she owns horses? What else could be more expensive than guy hobbies? Between air cooled Porsches, cameras, motorbikes, audio gear, guns, watches, and the Jeep, exactly none of all my wife’s obsessions is cheaper than any one of mine. Not including our house remodel of course...

The reason I negotiated so hard with my dealer is because I knew every penny I saved on MSRP was going back into Jeep mods. Guys who think air cooled vintage Porsche’s are expensive never owned a new Jeep!

It has to be horses. My wife's horses make my modded JLUR look like a cheap slum hobby.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I took delivery on a new 2020 Jeep JLU Willys about 3 weeks ago. First time Jeep owner!

My friends warned me - there's no way you''l be able to keep it stock for long. I kept scoffing at that - if I get exactly what I want, why would I want to modify it further. (yeah, go ahead and laugh.)

My first modification was planned in advance, and it was adding to the Jeep - the Diabolic Slipstream security enclosure. Went in the week I got the Jeep. Not REALLY a modification just an addition, right? Necessary because of where I live. I still scoffed at my friends.

Next was a Hotheads Headliner. Again, not a mod - an addition! I test-drove a JLU with a headliner, and I liked it (but couldn't get that dealer to agree on price.) My friends still pointed and laughed, but I payed them no heed.

Today, I changed out the antenna, along with the mounting plate. As I stood there, holding the 3 factory bolts and the plastic trim piece, I suddenly realized - this was the first part of the just-purchased Jeep that I was removing ON PURPOSE to replace with something aftermarket.

I broke into a cold sweat - they were RIGHT. My word - I WAS HOOKED. I stared for a long time at those three bolts. Proof that what I purchased will slowly go away, lost in a sea of aftermarket modifications....

My thoughts swam with visions of bumpers, winches, and lift kits in my near future. I imagined a time where I pawned off my television for a set of lockers. Would tires be next??

WHEN WILL IT END?? And how do I keep paying for it all???
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
It will not end. I have a friend that pretty much what ever I buy, he is buying to go with me. Over the years, he has bought ATVs, motorcycles, and SxS to go and have fun with me. So when I was getting ready to retire, I told him I am buying a Jeep. His exact words was, "I am not buying a Jeep."

So I buy the Jeep, he helps me put the lift and tires and some other modds on. I take off for a weekend with the Jeep and he ends up staying home. He sees pictures of me wheeling at Silver Lake Sand Dunes. After the weekend, we are having breakfast together... thats what retired dudes do. He said, "I'm buying a Jeep." Nope, your buying a Jeep, a lift kits, bead lock wheels, 37s, on board air, bumpers, a winch, a small camper, a tazer, hand held radios, an ARB fridge, and god know what else he has bought since he said, I am NOT buying a Jeep.

I told him the price of fun is high sometimes. Now lets go on an adventure.

Here he is cheesing by a fire and camping.with his NOT buying a Punk'N JLUR and his camper.

FiY_wunmTu-hgPwlUw2KixDbiPcagdTbksfyVfRxzqDS0mrTw--IHzG7dH-sQdmEcNZ-uYpueOozAi_UIQ=w1010-h757-no.jpg

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Let me detail your future being a first time Jeep owner 2 years ago...
First came the little stuff as you've done: Tuffy security in console, dead pedal
3 weeks later a Newbie run tore off a couple differential bolts: Motobuilt diff covers
2 months later a friend broke his steering stabilizer: Metalcloak FAD cover and stabilizer relocation
next month needed a bit more clearance: 35"s (BFG KO2's)
rubbed a bit: 2" Teraflex lift
shortly after that almost too out my oil pan: Evo skid plates
Year 2 wheeling: had to get pulled out of a few tough spots: Smittybilt X20 winch added
better protect that winch: Mopar winch guard added

So yes, had someone told me 2 years ago that I would purchase a fully capable vehicle and then modify it just for fun, I would have said they were crazy. But here we are.
And I had never owned a set of ratchets in my life!

Be safe my friend, enjoy the ride!

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
WHEN WILL IT END?? And how do I keep paying for it all???
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Congrats on your new Jeep.

Just Empty Every Pocket

Also, pictures or it didn't happen!

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I love it!!! You are using it for what it was designed and having a blast too :) Sounds like a familiar tale...

Two years ago bought a 2018 Sahara off the lot.

The first go around...
Rubi take off rims, RC spacer lift, front bumper, winch, rock rails.

Second go around...
D44s w/ lockers, Mopar aux switches, Tazer Lite.

Third go around...
Teraflex ST3, DV8 beadlocks, 37" Pats, Teraflex track bar, Steer Smarts tie rod and drag link, Falcon 2.1 steering stabilizer, Falcon 3.1 shocks, Metalcloak discos, Tailgate reinforcement bracket, Road Armor fenders (all 4), Artec front fender liners, Rubi rails, Rubi steel front bumper, Warn winch plate, Bestop Trek top, Hooker Blackheart axle back high tuck muffler.

In between the first and second go around I bought a well built 2004 LJ and we wheeled Sedona, Moab and Ouray.
In between the second and third go around I bought a 2018 VERY well built Rubi and sold the LJ and took those proceeds to build the third go around.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
We need some sort of support group for our addiction. It certainly isn't this forum which kind of fuels the fire. I wonder how much time the average person spends on here, or how many times they log on.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It will not end. I have a friend that pretty much what ever I buy, he is buying to go with me. Over the years, he has bought ATVs, motorcycles, and SxS to go and have fun with me. So when I was getting ready to retire, I told him I am buying a Jeep. His exact words was, "I am not buying a Jeep."

So I buy the Jeep, he helps me put the lift and tires and some other modds on. I take off for a weekend with the Jeep and he ends up staying home. He sees pictures of me wheeling at Silver Lake Sand Dunes. After the weekend, we are having breakfast together... thats what retired dudes do. He said, "I'm buying a Jeep." Nope, your buying a Jeep, a lift kits, bead lock wheels, 37s, on board air, bumpers, a winch, a small camper, a tazer, hand held radios, an ARB fridge, and god know what else he has bought since he said, I am NOT buying a Jeep.

I told him the price of fun is high sometimes. Now lets go on an adventure.

Here he is cheesing by a fire and camping.with his NOT buying a Punk'N JLUR and his camper.

FiY_wunmTu-hgPwlUw2KixDbiPcagdTbksfyVfRxzqDS0mrTw--IHzG7dH-sQdmEcNZ-uYpueOozAi_UIQ=w1010-h757-no.jpg
Nice, thats the life!. Wife and I just ordered the 15TB Geo-Pro. Looking to do some boonedocking ourselves.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We need some sort of support group for our addiction. It certainly isn't this forum which kind of fuels the fire. I wonder how much time the average person spends on here, or how many times they log on.
I am afraid to admit to it but numerous times daily

5105B73B-1D30-4271-98F6-D5640E07B997.jpeg

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
:jk:When I told my wife two years ago I was going to keep it stock...”who needs tires bigger than 33’s?” I said. :jk:

she just laughed :):CWL:

And when I said I wasn’t planning on doing...too many mods to my new truck :) same laugh. (Happy, loving laugh of course!)

87953449-7BF6-4329-87D8-2FB67AA01C80.jpeg
Sponsored