Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
My wife is the exact opposite of some of your spouses. She was 100% on board to buy a Jeep and lift, it, beadlocks, all the mods. Lately she has been saying things like what does it take to run 40s. I keep saying, lets wear the 37s out first......
Sponsored

wjcook68

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That is awesome KSwilly! Congratulations and enjoy that Jeep!

Solt291

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Took delivery of my first Jeep last week, 2020 Sahara in Punk’n Metallic. I have wanted a Jeep for years and finally pulled the trigger. Put new shoes on her yesterday, I hated the highway tires and wanted a more aggressive look w/o lifting it. I went from the 255/70r-18 to the Nitto Ridge LT275/70r-18, loving the look much better and it still rides nice.

BCE28CFC-6C07-425B-8163-1D1593978000.jpeg

412919E3-D929-4FD2-8483-2CDA65A01972.jpeg

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Took delivery of my first Jeep last week, 2020 Sahara in Punk’n Metallic. I have wanted a Jeep for years and finally pulled the trigger. Put new shoes on her yesterday, I hated the highway tires and wanted a more aggressive look w/o lifting it. I went from the 255/70r-18 to the Nitto Ridge LT275/70r-18, loving the look much better and it still rides nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL My friends warned me... 412919E3-D929-4FD2-8483-2CDA65A01972

Congratulations on your Jeep and in the best color, too :rock:!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

Beautiful Jeff and I too like those tires.

Sponsored

Guy Jepsy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Rubicon JLU
Good luck, My Amazon guy got a hernia during my build.

C0FDE94B-54E3-4AD7-9BAF-B55A25CB90CA.jpeg

NeoMaximuz

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Unlimited Rubicon JL
I've never been much of an aftermarket person, I just try to max it out when I buy it and then just leave it that way.

The only thing I was dying to get a Jeep for was to take the top and doors off. After owning mine for a year and a half, I finally installed the lift in my garage and door holders. Been driving around topless and doorless for a week, and this is the bees knees.

Ok fine, I did install doorless mirrors, grab handles, and a shorty antenna, but that's it.

Oh, and the rubber liner for the cargo area.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
WHEN WILL IT END?? And how do I keep paying for it all???
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
It ends when you start having problems and have to undo all your mods because the dealer will throw a fit when you try do a warranty claim. Happened to me for the steering issue. LOL. Trust me. Keep it stock for at least a few months or a year to make sure you got a good one.

Sponsored

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
I took delivery on a new 2020 Jeep JLU Willys about 3 weeks ago. First time Jeep owner!

My friends warned me - there's no way you''l be able to keep it stock for long. I kept scoffing at that - if I get exactly what I want, why would I want to modify it further. (yeah, go ahead and laugh.)

My first modification was planned in advance, and it was adding to the Jeep - the Diabolic Slipstream security enclosure. Went in the week I got the Jeep. Not REALLY a modification just an addition, right? Necessary because of where I live. I still scoffed at my friends.

Next was a Hotheads Headliner. Again, not a mod - an addition! I test-drove a JLU with a headliner, and I liked it (but couldn't get that dealer to agree on price.) My friends still pointed and laughed, but I payed them no heed.

Today, I changed out the antenna, along with the mounting plate. As I stood there, holding the 3 factory bolts and the plastic trim piece, I suddenly realized - this was the first part of the just-purchased Jeep that I was removing ON PURPOSE to replace with something aftermarket.

I broke into a cold sweat - they were RIGHT. My word - I WAS HOOKED. I stared for a long time at those three bolts. Proof that what I purchased will slowly go away, lost in a sea of aftermarket modifications....

My thoughts swam with visions of bumpers, winches, and lift kits in my near future. I imagined a time where I pawned off my television for a set of lockers. Would tires be next??

WHEN WILL IT END?? And how do I keep paying for it all???
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
So naive! I had ordered more than $10k in parts and labor before I even ordered my JLUR. An hour after I took delivery from the dealership, I delivered it to 4WP to have it modified. I've been tinkering with it ever since and loving it.

FrankNY

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara
So here I am at 1000 miles thinking I'll just keep mine stock for a while. But after looking at all the mods you're all doing.... I'll be honest, I didn't know what half of them were, but as I google each one I'm thinking "I want that!"

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
So here I am at 1000 miles thinking I'll just keep mine stock for a while. But after looking at all the mods you're all doing.... I'll be honest, I didn't know what half of them were, but as I google each one I'm thinking "I want that!"
I'm at 800 miles trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for all the stuff I'd like to do, what comes first, and how to sneak it past the wife!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Honestly, drive it around. Go to the off-road spots you plan to wheel and or CAMP etc. You'll learn quickly what and if you need anything at all. The Stock Jeep Wrangler in base form is Very very Capable. You may be perfectly fine just jumping up a tire size and changing to a more aggressive tire.
Sponsored