Mudflaps and Rubicon Flares?

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
Does anyone know if these fit a Rubi Recon with the Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails? I am thinking of getting the XL for the front only. However not sure if I should order them without the rubi rail cutout and just cut myself, or having it pre-cut would be better.

Ken~
Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I don't know if I'm just missing it but i don't see an option to select XL or Regular at rokblokz, anyone else notice that?

Sponsored

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if these fit a Rubi Recon with the Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails? I am thinking of getting the XL for the front only. However not sure if I should order them without the rubi rail cutout and just cut myself, or having it pre-cut would be better.

Ken~
I bought the uncut version and installed it to my Rubicon with the Mopar Rock Rails. No mods required...I just left it as is and it's fine.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rokblokz-mudflaps.33515/#post-1186999

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I used the XL (Rubi rail cut version) of the RokBlokz but I also used a nylon lock washer on two out of the three attachment points. I also changed out the bolts for stainless hex heads (M6-1.00 x25). I mounted them through the original clips and used the lock nuts on the back side for extra security (I didn't like how loose they were with just the thumb screws and clips, they're still easily removed with just a couple of tools). The tires are 315/70/17 Ridge Grapplers on Mopar simulated beadlocks.

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

Sponsored

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
RokBlokz offers hardware mounting kits, for a cleaner look (if you don't mind their logo).

You can replace the included thumbscrews with the countersunk washers and screws contained in the kit.

You lose the ability to remove and install them quickly on the trail, and a tool becomes necessary.

But, they look much better.

RokBlokz Mounting Hardware Kits

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Now I just need to decide if I want the standard version or the XL version as I do plan to get 35's. Do yours block a lot of the rocks off the doors/rear fender area?

Ken~
I have stock 33's for now...I plan on getting 35s once the stock tires are worn out.
With the RokBlokz, I no longer hear rock dings when driving over a gravel road. I'm sure the XL would provide much better coverage, but I made a compromise and got the standard size simply because of looks.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
RokBlokz offers hardware mounting kits, for a cleaner look (if you don't mind their logo).

You can replace the included thumbscrews with the countersunk washers and screws contained in the kit.

You lose the ability to remove and install them quickly on the trail, and a tool becomes necessary.

But, they look much better.

RokBlokz Mounting Hardware Kits
Nice! Wish I had known about those before I sourced my own hex heads.. hmmm to change or not to change now.

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
Rockblokz XL on my stock Rubicon. Bought the uncut version as I removed the rock rails for my sliders.

20200924_201157.jpg

20200924_201148.jpg
Sponsored