Sponsored

OEM mudflaps and locking gas cap installed

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Got time to install the OEM mudflaps and locking gas cap over the weekend. Took me a couple hours tops to do both, including assembling the lock cylinder on my own (just follow the Quadratec vids).

The mudflaps I installed without removing the wheels.... just turned the wheels left and right to gain access for drilling and riveting. Turned out pretty well. I love the OEM look.

IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

Also did the reverse clip install from CJ install vid, to reuse the screw for the rear flaps.

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

And done:

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

After that I did the lock assembly. Followed the vids, having a nicely organized counter.

IMG_4198.JPG

IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_4200.JPG

And done:

IMG_4202.JPG

Overall am very pleased with all the OEM upgrades.

View attachment 162829

View attachment 162834
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Like a boss. Wish I was that organized. I like the dropcloth/marker approach.

OP
OP
From0toJ

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Like a boss. Wish I was that organized. I like the dropcloth/marker approach.
Thanks man... I literally followed the Quadratec vid. It was daunting at first (vid was 1/2 hour long), but then after I watched it, the meat was really 5 to 10 mins worth, and it really wasn't that bad. The daunting part was "locking" the cylinder after you decide on the right combination. First, you have to make sure your definition of "flush" really is FLUSH. Then you insert the pin... and when it's on, it's on. No going back. The flush part comes into play because if it's not really flush, you can't turn the lock.

Btw, the drop cloth is actually Xmas wrapping paper, if you look closely :) Cheap and I just threw away after.

Where did you purchase the locking gas cap aspects?
Anywhere, really. Your dealer, mopar, Quadratec, Amazon, etc. Just find the best deal. The locking gas cap comes with all the necessary parts. The OEM # is 82215184.

do we like the rear mud flaps? I only put the front flaps on, still debating whether or not to install the rears. I'm just not sure what I want to protect back there...
I think you are correct. The mud flaps for the rear are more aesthetic. It completes the look with the front. The embossed Jeep logo on the rear really finishes it off. If anything, it protects rocks from hitting the rear bumper, or maybe even some of the (slim chance) exposed rear panel paint.
Sponsored