Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks,

I just sold my Raptor. As a result, I removed a set of @Baja Designs Squadron Pro Spots, a set of Driving Combos, and a set of S1 Ambers.

I’m thinking I’ll change the amber lens to clear on the S1s and use them as backup lights. What do ya’ll think of this idea? Should I consider something else? What would be the best mounting solution considering I have a Rubicon with the steel rear bumper?

I’m going to mount the Spots and combo lights on the cowl. My understanding is that the combos should be on the outside with the spots inboard. Does that sound right?

Does anyone have suggestions for a mounting solution? I’m looking for something that is rock solid and won’t easily move. It would be a bonus if the mounting hardware helps prevent theft.

Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Sounds like a plan. Spots inboard and aimed to not hit the hood. Combos outboard and angled to light up ditches ahead. S1s for backup.

I use S2s as backup and camp setup lights. They work great.

When I was running two sets of Squadrons, I used these. Worked great. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QL68JJ...abc_EV9S5DVCX2TQHZ4G0EPP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I bored holes and mounted the S2s directly to the rear bumper.

You can order security hardware from BD.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I bored holes and mounted the S2s directly to the rear bumper.

You can order security hardware from BD.
SMH. Not sure why that didn’t occur to me. Especially with all these tools in my garage. 😂

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks,

I just sold my Raptor. As a result, I removed a set of @Baja Designs Squadron Pro Spots, a set of Driving Combos, and a set of S1 Ambers.

I’m thinking I’ll change the amber lens to clear on the S1s and use them as backup lights. What do ya’ll think of this idea? Should I consider something else? What would be the best mounting solution considering I have a Rubicon with the steel rear bumper?

I’m going to mount the Spots and combo lights on the cowl. My understanding is that the combos should be on the outside with the spots inboard. Does that sound right?

Does anyone have suggestions for a mounting solution? I’m looking for something that is rock solid and won’t easily move. It would be a bonus if the mounting hardware helps prevent theft.

Many thanks in advance.
I had the same mentality. BD Squadron Pro spots inboard and Squadron Pro floods outboard and angled outward. I liked the staggered orientation of the Go Rhino cowl mount.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting BDs 16172179163635402242955721663852
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting BDs 20210128_132835_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting BDs 20210131_185424
Sponsored