First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Because air tools are a thing. People use compressors for things other than just airing up tires.
Aha, fair point! I could use the same argument here, relax, you have time, but air tools can come in handy in particular where you have limited space.

One thing I learned from all my time in the US so far, some people carry tools in their truck that can make some workshop owners jealous :like:
I often bring tools with me - you folks have such a wide variety of quality tools, and so much cheaper than here :involve:
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Aha, fair point! I could use the same argument here, relax, you have time, but air tools can come in handy in particular where you have limited space.

One thing I learned from all my time in the US so far, some people carry tools in their truck that can make some workshop owners jealous :like:
I often bring tools with me - you folks have such a wide variety of quality tools, and so much cheaper than here :involve:
The other one is the guy with the compressor often ends up helping a couple Jeeps fill up. So it's not just 4 tires, but 12 or 16.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Yes, I often wheel with others that don’t have an air source. I feel bad when I say, “no, my ARB overheats and I don’t want to ruin it on you.” I’m also the VP of our Jeep club and lead many runs. And finally, I’m on Search and Rescue for my County’s Special Vehicles group - on those missions, sometimes I will air down and up multiple times in the middle of the night. So yeah, time does matter.

Sponsored

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
I have air tools but I'm quickly finding that the new generation of brushless battery tools are making them obsolete....almost. Even carry a Dewalt chainsaw now in the back of the Jeep.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
For those that have installed a single ARB compressor in place of the engine cover, do you think there’s room to fit a twin compressor if an appropriate bracket was made?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yes, I often wheel with others that don’t have an air source. I feel bad when I say, “no, my ARB overheats and I don’t want to ruin it on you.” I’m also the VP of our Jeep club and lead many runs. And finally, I’m on Search and Rescue for my County’s Special Vehicles group - on those missions, sometimes I will air down and up multiple times in the middle of the night. So yeah, time does matter.
You running a tank with the twin?

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Toying with getting an ARB compressor, but I want to think out my mounting. Debating about portable so the wife can use it in her car to fill up her paddle board or going hard mount.

I live in a state where we use healthy amounts of salt in the winter. Just wondering if that is something I should be very concerned about with mounting the onboard air under the hood?

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Toying with getting an ARB compressor, but I want to think out my mounting. Debating about portable so the wife can use it in her car to fill up her paddle board or going hard mount.

I live in a state where we use healthy amounts of salt in the winter. Just wondering if that is something I should be very concerned about with mounting the onboard air under the hood?
Under passenger seat or in the rear cargo compartment, or side mount is best. I would not want it in the engine bay or under the vehicle.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Under passenger seat or in the rear cargo compartment, or side mount is best. I would not want it in the engine bay or under the vehicle.
Actually if you can get it mounted up high in the engine bay that would be ideal.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Actually if you can get it mounted up high in the engine bay that would be ideal.
Yeah that would work except for heat, but I guess it's designed to work with that.

I have it under my passenger seat and happy with that setup.