More fun?

More fun?

• Total voters

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The 392 in particular is the perfect compromise. With 2 young kids the other options aren’t realistic now (at least for us to enjoy together) and only the Jeep can go off-road, haul stuff, etc. It’s enough muscle car sound and open air feel while being practical.
This. Went JLUR and then JLUR 392, both over the M2 CS and M4 CS (and X3M). Sold the Harley right before buying the Jeeps (it’s other drivers that are the problem for riders (learned the hard way many years ago on a GSX-R)).

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I like the fun my Jeep is capable of in all of the different environments. It's damn near unstoppable to me. I can even share my adventures with others.

I've yet to be drawn away much from the Wrangler for any other vehicle in this list. But I will admit that deep down I'm a bit of an old school car guy that I do ocassionally choose the old school muscle car for that nostalgic ride and experience. Having said that, I do like to drive my 76 F100 with the 428 and let it stretch its long legs lol.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ran the hell out of motocross when young. Stayed off street.

Grew into a 1985 Camaro IROC

383 Stroker pushed 420HP, TCI 350 Street Fighter Transmission

Light them tires up. Old drag Forest Lane was great until later on when cops sat up shop and watched.

Changed to trucks later in age. Ram Hemi the pick for many years 6 Ram's total.

Older age down road my son got a Jeep and later a wild hair took over and 2 Jeeps later that's the way to roll now.

Waiting for the suitcase the Jetsons had and that will work for me. :rock::CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL More fun? 1655006011130

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
Well, it depends!

Ultimately, you'd own a Jeep AND a sports car or muscle car. My wife and I insist on owning stupid impractical 2 seat sports cars (mx-5 and Corvette), so we co-own and share the Jeep in order to drive in bad weather or on dirt roads .

To answer which is more fun...definitely the Jeep in the snow or off road. Definitely the Corvette on the road, hwy, or track....assuming the weather is acceptable.

All are fun with the top down in the summer during in-town driving and commutes.

Sponsored

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
My motorcycles were limited to enduros but those were lots of fun - and less dangerous than driving on the streets in CA (too many stupid drivers). All my other cars were sporty - 240SX, Miata 10AE and BMW 335 coupe (god I loved that car). But I get the top down, wind in my hair, open feel of the Miata, the off road fun of the bike, and surprisingly last weekend, an absolute blast racing around some Mt Tamalpais mountain roads sandwiched between a couple of RX7s and a Nissan who weren't going balls out but still riding at a fairly nice clip. Gotta love the short wheel base of a 2 door Jeep - helped me keep up and got a couple of thumbs up as we parted ways down by Stinson Beach. Jeep for the win đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Let's put it this way...

My brother owns a well known Corvette shop. His cars get featured in magazine articles. I can walk in there and get whatever I want at cost, no labor charge if i work with the schedule and possibly snag some freebie/promo parts occasionally.

I've never owned a Corvette.
I'm on my 2nd Jeep (after driving the first into the ground).

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
They are all different types of fun. Motorcycles not a HD kind of guy. I like liter bikes. ZX-10 ninjas, GSXR and for touring, a Concours-14 that was warmed up a little bit. I like speed north of 160 mph on a bike. I rode my Concours-14 in all 48 lower states. I have been north of 160 thousands of times to the point that it was not thrilling anymore. I also owned many two-stroke dirt bikes like the CR500 and the KX500. Loved riding those two. Talk about maintenance. Plus all of he hassle to ride them. Between street bikes, dirt bikes, ATVs, and three wheelers, I have owned over 30 of them. They are all fun, but a different kind of fun. The sport bikes bring a huge amount of danger and legal liability with them for my kind of fun. The law does not look favorable on you riding wheelies at 120+ mph.

I have owned a couple Camaros over the years and while not a true sports car like they are today, I did build a 1982 Z28 into a fast car back in my early twenties. It ran a 10.60 in the quarter mile on the track and handled well for what it was.

Now that my wife and I are in our mid fifties, the jeep is the perfect vehicle. You can tow a camper behind it all over the country, wheel great trails and drive it comfortably for back to back 12 hour days when needed. The off road capability is awesome and it will take you places that most other vehicles will not. Throw in heated seats, heated steering wheel, air conditioning and a smooth 8 speed and you havevery capable of and on road vehicle.
zI also live driving the jeep with the top and doors off, more than anything else, plus you don’t need to drive fast to have fun.
We are currently thinking about getting a convertible Camaro SS as a 2nd car for a touring vehicle when not taking the jeep.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Now if you would have included snowmobiles… I may have changed my vote. There is something special about a fast sled. Gobs of traction 200 hp and geared to run zero to 120 mph. Think the trails you run with your jeep and say hey cover that with snow and run 120 mph on that trail.

PeppeWrangler

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU S, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, RE Cont. GT650
Sold my motorcycle a year ago after 21 years of riding to put funds towards Jeep. Wife was thrilled....a year later I bought another motorcycle. I love the Jeep and we have a lot of great adventures with the family but their is nothing like riding a motorcycle. Each one of my toys serves it's purpose and find they give me enjoyment in different ways.

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I have to say Jeep. I sold my last sports car (2015 427 Z28) And ended up with my JLURD. The Z is a awesome car. So freaking fast that I would scare myself every time I drove it. Now my show car, aside from the Jeep, is a 1965 Corvair Corsa. If I could only have one toy, it would still be the Jeep.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Jeep is wining by a landslide. I wonder if it's because this a Jeep forum? I wonder if the answer would be different if I post this same question on a motorcycle/Muscle car forums?

Most likely people are in different stages of there lives depending on which vehicle they own that provides them with the most fun.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
another vote for all 3.
grew up in the motor city a car and bike nut. Dad had a 66 Chevelle w a big block that i was truly in love with, but he sold. They got into Corvettes, and i have been hooked ever since.
I am blessed enough to have owned 4 harleys. 2 were "chopper eque " looking and i truly loved to ride them. Quick enough to get me in a lot of trouble but comfortable enough to take some very memorable and incredible trips. Then a touring bike, sold that to grow up get a career. The current Harley is a full dresser, that was my dads last bike before he passed away, so i cant sell that.
fast forward in life, i was able to buy a 2005 GTO 6spd. What a blast of a car to drive and travel with. Fast forward a few more years, and i was able to buy my Jeep. Then i got hit with a 4x4 upside the head, w the wife wanting a divorce and had to let the GTO go, to help fund the Jeep. My goal was to have all 3, best of all the worlds. Especially living in the foot hills of the Shenandoah mountains. I was not sure after driving this jeep if i made the right choice, however seeing the look on my sons face driving down the beach, or thru the backwoods getting dirty, or doing donuts at the end of our street, if we get enough snow, i know i made the right choice. I want another car in a bad way, some day it will happen. But for now, I know i am very blessed 2 have 2 of the most incredible toys.

One last thought, have traveled with all 3, and like others have said, they all are unique, but in the end they ALL have been/are a blast to take on adventures seeing the beautiful landscape of this country.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
another vote for all 3.
grew up in the motor city a car and bike nut. Dad had a 66 Chevelle w a big block that i was truly in love with, but he sold. They got into Corvettes, and i have been hooked ever since.
I am blessed enough to have owned 4 harleys. 2 were "chopper eque " looking and i truly loved to ride them. Quick enough to get me in a lot of trouble but comfortable enough to take some very memorable and incredible trips. Then a touring bike, sold that to grow up get a career. The current Harley is a full dresser, that was my dads last bike before he passed away, so i cant sell that.
fast forward in life, i was able to buy a 2005 GTO 6spd. What a blast of a car to drive and travel with. Fast forward a few more years, and i was able to buy my Jeep. Then i got hit with a 4x4 upside the head, w the wife wanting a divorce and had to let the GTO go, to help fund the Jeep. My goal was to have all 3, best of all the worlds. Especially living in the foot hills of the Shenandoah mountains. I was not sure after driving this jeep if i made the right choice, however seeing the look on my sons face driving down the beach, or thru the backwoods getting dirty, or doing donuts at the end of our street, if we get enough snow, i know i made the right choice. I want another car in a bad way, some day it will happen. But for now, I know i am very blessed 2 have 2 of the most incredible toys.
Sorry to hear about your divorce. Shit like that can blind side you out of nowhere. Trust me I know. It happens to me all the time to the point where I'm convinced I'm cursed.

Super stoked to here that your son loves it so much and gets joy from the Jeep. I'm hoping the same will be for my 2 kids. My 12 year old daughter is super excited about the Jeep. She begged me to get one for awhile now. Wasn't hard because I wanted one too long before she was even born. Lol.

I was really reluctant on spending the money because money is super tight in my world right now. But if it can bring joy to me and my kids it will be worth it.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I’ve never owned a motorcycle and never will - just not my thing. I’ve owned 3 Camaros over the years, including a 2002 SS 35th LE and a 2010 SS. Both were a lot of fun, but where I live in the northeast, they are not vehicles that can be enjoyed 12 months a year. The JL is my first Wrangler (I’ve owned a few Grand Cherokees) and is honestly the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned. I can drive it anywhere anytime and I like having that flexibility.
Sponsored