Mopar Winch Plate

YoShaunO

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ecoDiesel
I ordered the Mopar Winch Plate for my 2021 JLUR with factory steel bumper. In addition to the winch plate and hardware, it came with an extra package in the box which contains some clear (I assume paint protecting film) and a long piece of foam with adhesive on the back. Does anyone know what this is for an/or how to install it. There is no mention of it with the provided installation instructions and I've scoured the web and these forums looking for answers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
have a pic of it you can add to this thread so we know what you're looking at?

OP
OP
YoShaunO

YoShaunO

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ecoDiesel
Appreciate the response but I’m all set now. There were some instructions buried in the box. It’s paint protection film for the bottom of the grill and some foam that you stick on the back of the winch to also protect the grill. Neither were beneficial so I ended up tossing both.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
good to know, I've got mine shipping to me shortly so I appreciate the heads up on what you ended up finding out.

Mojofallen

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2D
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the Mopar Winch Plate for my 2021 JLUR with factory steel bumper. In addition to the winch plate and hardware, it came with an extra package in the box which contains some clear (I assume paint protecting film) and a long piece of foam with adhesive on the back. Does anyone know what this is for an/or how to install it. There is no mention of it with the provided installation instructions and I've scoured the web and these forums looking for answers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Were you able to find any installation instructions? My kids gave me Rough Country 9500S pro series winch for my birthday (even after I told them NOT to order me a winch, as I wanted a Warn!) However, I called RC and they said I needed the Mopar winch plate kit (part# 8221582AC). I haven't had any success finding installation instructions. I am getting a leery feeling after reading multiple post on how this winch plate is terrible.

Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I am going to guess based on the reviews I have done for winch installs (what plate, what winch etc.) that this is the protective film for the electronics/cables that may rub against the bumper and blemish the paint from rubbing. Check or search winch cable rubbing or clearance.

OP
OP
YoShaunO

YoShaunO

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ecoDiesel
Were you able to find any installation instructions? My kids gave me Rough Country 9500S pro series winch for my birthday (even after I told them NOT to order me a winch, as I wanted a Warn!) However, I called RC and they said I needed the Mopar winch plate kit (part# 8221582AC). I haven't had any success finding installation instructions. I am getting a leery feeling after reading multiple post on how this winch plate is terrible.
Yes, I found the instructions but they were terrible. I ended up not even using the grill protection tape. Proved to be pretty much useless. That whole winch plate is not great IMO. It sits the winch way too close to the bumper. I have a smaller Warn winch. I have no idea how guys with the Zeon fit it on the Mopar plate. I have since ordered and installed the Maximus plate on mine and resold the Mopar plate. Maximus plate was a much better fit and the winch has plenty of room off the grill.

OP
OP
YoShaunO

YoShaunO

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR ecoDiesel
I am going to guess based on the reviews I have done for winch installs (what plate, what winch etc.) that this is the protective film for the electronics/cables that may rub against the bumper and blemish the paint from rubbing. Check or search winch cable rubbing or clearance.
That’s exactly what it is. And it’s a POS. Worthless, honestly. They should just make the plate a little better and it wouldn’t be necessary at all.

Mojofallen

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2D
Vehicle Showcase

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, I admit it was a PITA to install when I used it for my X20 winch but I always thought the Warn plate was very solid. The only real complaint I have is that it doesn’t come with the four rivnuts you’ll need if you install it on a Jeep that doesn’t have the Steel Bumper Group.

But, due to the lack of availability, I ended up using the Rusty’s winch plate the the new Jeep I just bought.. I have to admit it was a fairly easy install. The only challenging part was reinstalling the nuts for the inboard bumper bolts. This time I went with a Warn Zeon instead of a Smittybilt.
Sponsored